IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh come on, we’ve both posted on this forum for ages. This is very tame. It’s people on a Friday night discussing contract law for goodness sake.

Wait until we lose our first 5 games back, that’ll be a meltdown ?

There's potential for an earlier real meltdown.

Next Friday, when no-one choosing options 1 or 2 has had their robins tv code.

Next Saturday when Robins TV goes down

32 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Yep, good point. Should you choose refund and we get promoted, as a non season ticket holder you will struggle to get a seat for next season in the Premiership.

Maybe not if under the current climate and real potential for the economic recession coming, fans lose their jobs and income they'd have used to buy season tickets for next year IF we reach the PL.

There are too many ways this could turn out to predict how difficult it might be to get an ST for next season if we reach the Prem but people ask for a refund.

18 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Even if I've already paid for it?

In that case expect another 'Jon Lansdown" email complaining how tough it is for the club to compete in the PL increased costs wages fees contracts etc etc and unless you email back within the next 10 minutes they'll be taking another £500 off your card to help the club out.

16 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

My wife and I both have season tickets in the south stand. I am over 65 so pay the pensioner rate, my wife is under 65 and pays the full rate.

I am taking the option 1 and my wife wants the cash refund.

Am I right in saying that as I am recieving the streaming service at our address she will only recieve a refund equivalent  to my reduced oap ticket.

I don’t know enough about contract law to know the answer to this, but I would have thought that City have two different contracts here: one with your wife and one with you. Your wife has a right to receive a refund under her contract, which logically is not affected by what happens under your contract. It’s quite some time since wives were treated as chattels of their husband! 

If they treat both tickets as part of the same contract then I guess they could do this. And the situation is obviously different for under-18s, where the contract is presumably with the adult buying the ticket.

If I were in this situation I would probably challenge the club before accepting the lower refund. And my wife certainly would!

2 hours ago, lager loud said:

City could have avoided all the bad feeling from some fans by simply adopting Forest’s approach of making the refund Option 4.

I’ve no problem with City encouraging people not to claim a refund. Other businesses have done the same - for example we had tickets for a cancelled play at the Tobacco Factory theatre. The TF wrote explaining that we were entitled to a refund but as they struggle for funding, asked us not to claim it - which we were happy to do. Glos cricket have asked members to consider  donating their 2020 membership money to the club (players also agreed very early on to accept pay cuts, but that’s a different matter). The tone of the Glos communications, expressing real gratitude to anyone who donated their money to the club in this way, is very different from City’s.

City have made it more more difficult to claim the refund than to select options that leave the money with the club City: we can’t just reply by clicking that option. Giving such a short deadline means some people won’t get around to doing it. This is basically sleazy marketing manipulation by City, working out the best way to arrange things to squeeze the maximum revenue out of their SC holders.

As it happens I was always going for the refund. I’m used to being being treated as little more than a revenue stream by the club and have no problem treating the club in the same cold, rational way as just another business. But if I had been considering leaving my money with the club the tenor of this latest communication might have persuaded me not to.

I donated my one day membership to GCCC as well. As you said the email was of a completely different tone, actually well written and not a passive aggressive load of effluent, also get 25% off next season's one day membership as well. 

As for Bristol sport, warm flat cider, over priced tepid food. Money back every single time

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Yep, good point. Should you choose refund and we get promoted, as a non season ticket holder you will struggle to get a seat for next season in the Premiership.

Not if you've already bought one.

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Don't be silly! :laugh: !

I thought it was perfectly valid.

If you've bought a season card for next season  why would City even consider revoking it?

It aint going to happen.

You lose your season card status for this present season, as others have already pointed out.

46 minutes ago, 42nite said:

I thought it was perfectly valid.

If you've bought a season card for next season  why would City even consider revoking it?

It aint going to happen.

You lose your season card status for this present season, as others have already pointed out.

You might lose any reservation on your seat too if you take a refund & haven't renewed yet, but it would be useful if they clarify whether they are shooting themselves in the other foot or not.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

That really is shite. Suppose the FA Cup and League Cup tickets will have to do or another bloody shirt !

According to the Option 3 blurb you can only spend the credit on home league or season ticket purchases made before the end of May 2021.

My thoughts are it pays for about 5 visits by Robbo #3 (eldest in US, middle one hates football) and maybe one or two adult guest tickets, then I'll bung any remainder on 2021/22 season ticket purchase to give me a few quid off.

If you don't regularly buy tickets for others to come along to home games, OR, Option 3 may be no good for you. Either claim the refund or allow the club to keep your dosh.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

According to the Option 3 blurb you can only spend the credit on home league or season ticket purchases made before the end of May 2021.

My thoughts are it pays for about 5 visits by Robbo #3 (eldest in US, middle one hates football) and maybe one or two adult guest tickets, then I'll bung any remainder on 2021/22 season ticket purchase to give me a few quid off.

If you don't regularly buy tickets for others to come along to home games, OR, Option 3 may be no good for you. Either claim the refund or allow the club to keep your dosh.

So can we choose to have a refund of the equivalent credit  amount on an already paid for season card for next season?

20 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

So can we choose to have a refund of the equivalent credit  amount on an already paid for season card for next season?

Or a ticket in a quarter full stadium (due to social distancing rules). Except that the only people inside will be Season Ticket holders so buying match tickets wont be an option.

I would have taken this option (3) if the club had made a guarantee that 2021/22 season tickets will be on sale before May 31st 2021. However as there is no guarantee of that and having already paid up front for next seasons ticket I took the refund to keep in my own bank account for use against future ticket purchases.

Lets not forget this was the easy part for the club....Now they have to figure out what to do with next seasons tickets that have already been paid for up front (maybe if you leave your £500 in the club you will get your name in lights on the front of the stadium or a pie named after you.....or maybe even your name on the home kit....how exciting !!

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I would have taken this option (3) if the club had made a guarantee that 2021/22 season tickets will be on sale before May 31st 2021. However as there is no guarantee of that and having already paid up front for next seasons ticket I took the refund to keep in my own bank account for use against future ticket purchases.

The club have said that they purposely used this date so fans can use the credit against 21/22 season tickets.

Question for those of you who used RobinsTV before - was it any good?  From the threads all I remember is people moaning of it dropping out and freezing.  Plus if you have 10k+ extra people using it, are City realistically competent enough to have put a robust enough system in place to cope with demand?

Also, how much was it previously?  Bearing in mind my ticket refund will be about £60, plus my oap dads ticket around £44 - is it value for money now that i am "just a customer"?  

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Or a ticket in a quarter full stadium (due to social distancing rules). Except that the only people inside will be Season Ticket holders so buying match tickets wont be an option.

Lets not forget this was the easy part for the club....Now they have to figure out what to do with next seasons tickets that have already been paid for up front (maybe if you leave your £500 in the club you will get your name in lights on the front of the stadium or a pie named after you.....or maybe even your name on the home kit....how exciting !!

We'll be fine for next season . The virus is blowing out quickly now and we will hopefully be down to zero deaths by mid July I'd say. Zero patients on critical ward at Southmead and just a handful on other ward . We are winning.

I have been a supporter since 1958 & if I don't get a refund for my family's three tickets I plan to cancel my direct-debit for next season never to return.

I have received our three e-mails & the link doesn't work. I've tried typing in e-mail address & that doesn't work either! Spent over 30 minutes wasting my time.

As others have said club doesn't care about it's fans & this e-mail, making getting a refund as difficult as possible, is typical.

Has anyone else has similar problems??

• SC&T Board Members

While the SC&T is giving the club more detailed feedback on how this issue has been handled in private, in our public communication we are focussing on ensuring that all fans, including those without e-mail/internet access, are fully aware of all options available to them, including the cash refund option, and, if they do not become aware of the latter or are unable to respond before midday on Tuesday, that they are not disadvantaged.

Doing what is right for you

16 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

While the SC&T is giving the club more detailed feedback on how this issue has been handled in private, in our public communication we are focussing on ensuring that all fans, including those without e-mail/internet access, are fully aware of all options available to them, including the cash refund option, and, if they do not become aware of the latter or are unable to respond before midday on Tuesday, that they are not disadvantaged.

Doing what is right for you

That's great.

Have the Post agreed to print your statement?

(I assume they have, otherwise putting it online won't really help those without Internet access).

• SC&T Board Members
16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That's great.

Have the Post agreed to print your statement?

(I assume they have, otherwise putting it online won't really help those without Internet access).

It has been sent to Gregor, yes.

1 hour ago, greengrass said:

I have been a supporter since 1958 & if I don't get a refund for my family's three tickets I plan to cancel my direct-debit for next season never to return.

I have received our three e-mails & the link doesn't work. I've tried typing in e-mail address & that doesn't work either! Spent over 30 minutes wasting my time.

As others have said club doesn't care about it's fans & this e-mail, making getting a refund as difficult as possible, is typical.

Has anyone else has similar problems??

I tried accessing the site to check that all was in order for the match. Previously paid for season tickets plus cup tickets, goods from the shop. Site saved email and password, now doesn't recognise any of it. 

Frustrated and totally pissed off, with this club and its attitude to it's most valued asset,  the fans. If there was prizes for how not to handle this situation, Bristol Sport has just earned a gold medal.

7 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

I tried accessing the site to check that all was in order for the match. Previously paid for season tickets plus cup tickets, goods from the shop. Site saved email and password, now doesn't recognise any of it. 

Frustrated and totally pissed off, with this club and its attitude to it's most valued asset,  the fans. If there was prizes for how not to handle this situation, Bristol Sport has just earned a gold medal.

It's not working at the moment. Going live on Monday.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/robins-tv-launches-new-matchday-show/

Archived