IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/options-for-201920-season-card-holders/

The club have removed the FAQs which details how to get a full refund. This now implies you only have three options. 

The FAQs are however on the article john lansdown has posted which has a much better tone.

Why have the club removed the refund bit from the main article? That article is now very misleading for fans if they dont read John lansdowns message. At least the email supporters received included it. 

• SC&T Board Members
24 minutes ago, Redemption said:

Yes, had the same. Sent two separate E Mails for a pro-rata refund for my sons and mine. Received just the one automated reply to the first E Mail. 
Think others have had the same, so I guess their system recognises this and it will be the same for everyone. 
incidentally, I’m still waiting for a refund for 2 Blackburn away tickets despite a phonecall in early May and 2 follow up E Mails. 
maybe if I turn up In Blackburn on Saturday they might take pity and let me in ?

My personal guess about this:

I suspect this is as a result of the settings they have used for their 'auto reply' function.

By default I think most auto-reply functions only reply to the first mail received from a given e-mail address (that's to stop you receiving zillions of 'on vacation' replies while a work colleague cc'd in all mails is on a 3-week holiday; you just get notified the first time you send them a mail that they are away and are not notified again if you persist in sending them mails / cc'ing them despite knowing they are away).

If that is how City have the function set up, it would explain why people are only getting one reply.

22 minutes ago, frenchred said:

there is an update on bcfc.co.uk from jon l

why oh why does our club have to **** up at every opportunity and then release updates! what is on there now was needed over one week ago but at least it’s there now i suppose.

unfortunately we are still ran by complete amateurs off the pitch

Almost as if an un qualified person running a football club doesn't know how to run a football club 

Just rang the club, after being on hold for 45 mins. as stated above they only auto reply to one email. In fairness the lady on the end of the line was well pi??ed off but still very helpful. One of my season ticket holders had not received an email and she informed me of the option on Jon Lansdown's latest statement and sighed deeply !! Thought she did remarkably well to keep herself from swearing.

Very good to see them admit they got it wrong first up. Ill criticise when they have got it wrong imho but also very happy to congratulate them when they get it right and it’s always good when people admit mistakes and rectify so good on them for addressing it - makes the situation a lot more palatable and forges a sense of togetherness. Let’s hope that continues in all areas moving forwards as, as much as there is a lot in the ‘together we are stronger’ saying that we as a club could learn and benefit from. 

I am glad JL has come out with pretty much an apology for this absolute mess and the shit-fest of a statement Friday, at least he has added some much needed care and understanding in his statement.

If he had done that on Friday the club would happily have my money, unfortunately I hit the refund option as soon as I read Fridays statement in utter disgust, hopefully this is a lesson learnt by the club.

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am glad JL has come out with pretty much an apology for this absolute mess and the shit-fest of a statement Friday, at least he has added some much needed care and understanding in his statement.

If he had done that on Friday the club would happily have my money, unfortunately I hit the refund option as soon as I read Fridays statement in utter disgust, hopefully this is a lesson learnt by the club.

Have received that sickly email.

Not genuine, in fact clearly a reaction to criticism on here and about as insincere as it could be.

The claim that Options 1 and 2 make you a  "Legend". The fact that Option 4 was a refund, but was hidden in the small print and not even presented as Option 4. Just one word for it. Deplorable.

In any case why anyone would want to donate their hard earned wages to subsidise players wages of £10-£20k pw or whatever, beats me.

Almost 40 years ago I happily bought shares for what, for me then, was the equivalent of a weeks wages, money which I did not expect or want to receive back. The club and football in general is nothing like what it was.

All in all not a difficult decision to confirm refunds for 6 tickets.

Can't do wrong for doing right springs to mind. One post criticises JL for being an 'amateur' trying to run the club, another for (supposedly) getting a professional to write something. And I reckon some people wouldn't be happy even if JL arrived ta their door on bended knee, with a handwritten code for every game and a free season ticket for next year.

The first email wasn't great: they've had the balls to admit it, hold their hands up and try to put it right. (Some humility that maybe the likes of Dominic Cummings could learn from).

JL is a City fan, I listen to him on the OSIB podcast they did with him last year, and he came across as someone who genuinely wants what's good for the club, and who knows what being a fan means.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Not genuine, in fact clearly a reaction to criticism on here and about as insincere as it could be.

The claim that Options 1 and 2 make you a  "Legend". The fact that Option 4 was a refund, but was hidden in the small print and not even presented as Option 4. Just one word for it. Deplorable.

In any case why anyone would want to donate their hard earned wages to subsidise players wages of £10-£20k pw or whatever, beats me.

Almost 40 years ago I happily bought shares for what, for me then, was the equivalent of a weeks wages, money which I did not expect or want to receive back. The club and football in general is nothing like what it was.

I agree.

Fair enough for admitting a mistake and apologising but to ******* repeat it in the same email is beyond belief.

There were four options, not three and pretending otherwise is basically telling the fans they're stupid mugs.

Jon Lansdown can do one.

1 hour ago, Nathan Bakers Beard said:

Anyone notice the revised FAQ's dont mention that under 12's are not eligible to recieve the code for live streams. Have they changed this?

Most live streaming sites eg Twitch restrict access for under 13s. I suspect something similar for the T&C for Robins TV. Could probably get round it by asking parents to sign something, but whether they have the ability to do this I don’t know.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

I agree with you I have asked for a refund aswell. If there was another option where they could put credit on your season ticket. Let's say 10% off your credit each time you purchase food and drink, club shop or coffee shop. That would have been the option I would have gone for.

On 15/06/2020 at 11:57, Antman said:

i appreciate this is a long thread and it may have been flagged earlier, but...

did anyone get any kind of confirmation AFTER making their choices?

i had nothing.

I did for one request but not for the other one. I rang them today after a long wait the woman told me that some emails weren't being confirmed and some were, she couldn't explain why although she said that if more than one request came from the same email it would only reply to one request.

On 15/06/2020 at 20:42, Nibor said:

I agree.

Fair enough for admitting a mistake and apologising but to ******* repeat it in the same email is beyond belief.

There were four options, not three and pretending otherwise is basically telling the fans they're stupid mugs.

Jon Lansdown can do one.

And of course the club would have acted the way it ulrimately did if not a squeak was heard from fans....

Like **** it would.

The "mistake" was thinking people would bend over en masse and take one for the club. 

No mistake, simply arrogance.

• SC&T Board Members
46 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Still no further news on individual ticket holders?

Guessing the club will make us wait until late tomorrow again?

it seems to me that this was covered on 19th March here: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/postponement-of-fixtures-faqs/

The relevant piece being:

Will I get a refund for my tickets for upcoming home matches at Ashton Gate?
Season card holders – all games are postponed until after April 3rd. Match-to-match tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled game. Alternatively you can apply for a refund by emailing matchticketrefund@bristol-sport.co.uk. A refund will be processed within 10 working days.

21 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

it seems to me that this was covered on 19th March here: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/postponement-of-fixtures-faqs/

The relevant piece being:

Will I get a refund for my tickets for upcoming home matches at Ashton Gate?
Season card holders – all games are postponed until after April 3rd. Match-to-match tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled game. Alternatively you can apply for a refund by emailing matchticketrefund@bristol-sport.co.uk. A refund will be processed within 10 working days.

My question would be if thr person who purchased the ticket bought one for someone else with a BS number do they apply for the refund for both or does each person have to apply for their refund individually

Just an observation on another club, Swansea offered an option of a 'lucky dip' where fans were given several items of kit/training kit/leisure clothing in exchange for not getting a refund, probably a good option for those with kids as an exchange for the cost of their season ticket if they can do without needing a refund. 

Archived