Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I appreciate I am in the minority here but I really don't get the issue. Less than three weeks ago we didn't even know if the season would re start or end? 

Now there is an otib meltdown about refunds. Everybody calm down seriously. The money coming back to the people who choose to take it isn't exactly life changing!! 

Next season's ticket I've paid out for already I would expect an announcement of options but this season I like many will write it off, except online viewing and watch us sneak into the playoffs 😂👍

I think the lack of communication grates even more than this tbh- 16- or is it 18- clubs at this level have announced pro-rata refunds or a range of options that will be including these.

Some will be in a position where they have lost jobs or even were close to the mark income wise before but furloughed- that money will come in very, very handy in such cases. Maybe even invaluable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think the lack of communication grates even more than this tbh- 16- or is it 18- clubs at this level have announced pro-rata refunds or a range of options that will be including these.

Some will be in a position where they have lost jobs or even were close to the mark income wise before but furloughed- that money will come in very, very handy in such cases. Maybe even invaluable.

Not so sure. I see Bristol had the lowest amount of worker's furloughed compared to the rest of the local regions. 52,000 compared to Gloucester at 125,000. 

Agreed people will lose jobs and suffer financially but there are many people like myself who haven't been effected and have come out of it with savings as not been able to spend. I suspect a high majority of the 14,000 season ticket holders won't be in a financial rush to receive a refund. 

Regarding communication it's still early and as long as what comes out is fair that's got to be more important. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Maybe they should work out the cost of POTD x 18 games and season ticket holders pay the difference 

Probably the stupidest comment ever on OTIB

Well done.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

@Henry

Absolutely correct. No brainer.

Getting the refund first seems to be the hardest part.

 

Are you in desperate need for approx £95? 

Don't you think access to watch last 9 games is reason not to need a refund? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Are you in desperate need for approx £95? 

Don't you think access to watch last 9 games is reason not to need a refund? 

No, it is not a reason at all in any way, shape or form.

 

I'll try again because it seems to be a little difficult for some to understand.

 

I paid a business for something that they are not going to deliver therefore I want my money back that i am owed.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Are you in desperate need for approx £95? 

Don't you think access to watch last 9 games is reason not to need a refund? 

No because it's cheaper to take the refund and buy each game individually for the majority.

Maths not your strong point?

Unless you're not an adult - which explains a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

No, it is not a reason at all in any way, shape or form.

 

I'll try again because it seems to be a little difficult for some to understand.

 

I paid a business for something that they are not going to deliver therefore I want my money back that i am owed.

So are you a fan or a customer....I'm confused. 

It's only been 3 weeks. Months to get holiday money back, months to get train money back etc. 

Calm down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No because it's cheaper to take the refund and buy each game individually for the majority.

Maths not your strong point?

Unless you're not an adult - which explains a lot.

9 games = £90. Saving of £5 seriously. I'm sure the club could do with that £5!?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The offer to ST holders of free streaming has been offered with no caveats though. They can’t turn around and say that if you take the streaming you lose the option of a refund. 

At the very least they should be tempting people with credit to your account to keep the real cost down.  Or free Killers tickets 😂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So are you a fan or a customer....I'm confused. 

It's only been 3 weeks. Months to get holiday money back, months to get train money back etc. 

Calm down.

No, I won't calm down. I am a customer the business that is Bristol sport decided that sometime ago. I shall treat this business the same as any other despite what some sanctimonious people may say

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

No, I won't calm down. I am a customer the business that is Bristol sport decided that sometime ago. I shall treat this business the same as any other despite what some sanctimonious people may say

I think this is spot on. It’s purely business for them, so maybe it should be reciprocated for once. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

City need to start looking after the the people who keep the club going us supporters.piss people off and they will stop going.times are hard for some supporters at the moment with what's going on in this world.so come on mr lansdown look after the people who really care about this club.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think this is spot on. It’s purely business for them, so maybe it should be reciprocated for once. 

We are supporters when they selling something and customers the rest of the time.

They can't be at all surprised if some people now expect a reasonable level of customer service.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We are supporters when they selling something and customers the rest of the time.

They can't be at all surprised if some people now expect a reasonable level of customer service.

True dat. I wonder how long refunds will take to process

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, frenchred said:

i’m not desperate for the money but i want a refund. fed up of the clubs antics towards its supporters/customers, along with the current radio silence.

an owner living in tax exile, using government money to furlough staff while players are still creaming it in.

To be fair the players took a deferral but point very much taken!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

When they have done sufficient research in to 'admin fees' like EasyJet and Cricket clubs!

Er, they're transferring money to me.  I'll be the one charging the admin fee if anybody does.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To be fair the players took a deferral but point very much taken!

A deferral is nothing, it just means they will get exactly the same as ever at a later date while the "normal" staff get 80% of considerably less.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

No, I won't calm down. I am a customer the business that is Bristol sport decided that sometime ago. I shall treat this business the same as any other despite what some sanctimonious people may say

Quite right too. I find the sanctimoniousness of it all quite unsavoury. It’s either an attempt to patronise by saying ‘calm down’ or an attempt to subtly shame people by suggesting that ”no one could possibly ‘need’ the £95 refund“ (or whatever it is).

Why is it so difficult for people to grasp that some will treat the club as a normal business. The expectation would be a refund and that’s fine. Some will choose to decline the refund and do something they believe helps the club - also fine. Live and let live.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spoons said:

9 games = £90. Saving of £5 seriously. I'm sure the club could do with that £5!?

If you have Sky every game they show saves £10,  Maybe I don't want to watch every game, or any of them , or all of them, Whatever I want to do is my choice. I don't owe the club anything. As a paying customer since 1967 and a shareholder purchaser in1982 the club has had plenty from me and I 'm confident that the billionaire Stephen Lansdown will manage just fine without that £5.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CodeRed said:

This is correct,  someone connected to  BS has sent me an advanced copy of the refund process.

Season 2019/20 Season Ticket Refund Process

·       Bristol Sport urges all Season Card to use the BCTV vouchers and support the team in their home. Please do not claim a cash refund unless necessary

·       If you require a refund please call our dedicated refund line which will be staffed between 9.00am and 10.00 am on Monday and Tuesday only due to staff and COVIV-19 issues

·       A paper refund application form will be posted second class within 6 weeks of your telephone application date

·       The application form will need your Season Card number, Name, Address, DOB, Mother’s maiden name and the name of your first pet, A copy of your passport or other photo ID and be witnessed by an MP, Your GP, or a senior member of the Judiciary. We understand this may be slightly inconvenient, but we take the protection of you data very seriously.

·       Upon receipt of the application forms will be scrutinised, subjected to an audit process, and processed with 8 weeks.

·       For Data Protection and security reasons we are regretfully not able to credit your bank account, credit card, or issue cheques. Crossed Postal Orders, valid for 7 days only, will be mailed and may be encashed at a Crown Post Office upon production of photo ID and a letter of authority signed by a BCFC official. There will be a separate process required to obtain these letters which will be issued in due course.

·       This simple process will be in force for 2019/20 refunds only. A more rigorous process will be issued for 2020/21 after guidance from the EFL.

 

You missed off

“Let me be clear, when you’ve been involved in the game as long as I have,......”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You missed off

“Let me be clear, when you’ve been involved in the game as long as I have,......”

I think a statement from 'Mark Ashton' could well be issued very soon!☺

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...