IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

It will be because they've offered season ticket holders free streaming of the games, you can't get a refund and still be called a season ticket holder because you'd then be entitled to the free streaming of games and therefore must no longer be a season ticket holder losing said benefits....

Not sure that’s true. You can have a credit, not get the streaming, and still be considered a season ticket holder

59 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I get that bit, but it also makes it sound like SHOULD we get in the play offs and SHOULD we get to Wembley, that I wouldn’t be counted as a season ticket holder, so should the rules be relaxed by then and we could go to Wembley, I won’t be counted as a season ticket holder so won’t be able to get tickets. 

It also doesn’t make it clear that I won’t be affected discount etc wise next season. 

Dolls, you have to consider this seasons’ ticket and next seasons’ ticket as two entirely separate entities. The options laid out refer to this seasons’ ticket only. If you ask for a refund, you will be given a partial refund on this seasons ticket - nothing to do with your season ticket for next season whatsoever.

In receiving a refund, you effectively cease to become a season ticket holder for the remainder of this season and therefore lose all the benefits associated with it. But that all restarts again with next season’s ticket, which you aren’t being refunded for.

It does mean you wouldn’t automatically be entitled to a Wembley ticket, but my guess is refunded STH would be first in line after those who didn’t ask for a refund, and before members.

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Not sure that’s true. You can have a credit, not get the streaming, and still be considered a season ticket holder

You’re transferring where the money you’ve paid the club is though, you’re not taking it back 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I get that bit, but it also makes it sound like SHOULD we get in the play offs and SHOULD we get to Wembley, that I wouldn’t be counted as a season ticket holder, so should the rules be relaxed by then and we could go to Wembley, I won’t be counted as a season ticket holder so won’t be able to get tickets. 

It also doesn’t make it clear that I won’t be affected discount etc wise next season. 

As there is considerable doubt at present that fans will even be able to attend games at the start of next season, then I would say that scenario was of the incredibly optimistic variety.

They simply cannot say how next season will play out, I have shelled out in excess of £500 in advance for that myself but don’t expect them to start making any decisions on that at least 2 months before it will possibly start.

2 minutes ago, optored said:

I can't see how it is legally enforceable that you have to claim a refund by midday Tuesday.  You are entitled to a refund for any service/product not supplied.  It's not up to Bristol sport to decide when you apply for it.

I agree. And some of our less connected fans could easily not know about these options by Tuesday. Legalities aside, they could easily allow a few weeks.

Torn as what to do:

option 1: fund some lad to kick a ball around Failand before f-ing off to Cardiff at the 1st flash of cash

option 2: stick my name on a shirt I'll never buy using a font I can't read

option 3: put my cash towards a credit for a 2021/22 ST in a League 1 campaign

option 4: take the money and run

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree. And some of our less connected fans could easily not know about these options by Tuesday. Legalities aside, they could easily allow a few weeks.

The first game is Saturday week so I guess they want it sorted by then. 

This all bodes well for how they handle the inevitable need to offer refunds and streaming options for 2020/2021 season. 

I'm going to take the cash refund , I have sky so can watch 2 matches plus any more that get added e.g. a crunch last game of the season v Preston. 

Il purchase streaming on a week by week basis depending on how the season pans out. 

Unfortunately the club (and they are not alone) do nothing to help fans when times are good so I don't see why I should go.out of my way when times are bad. 

Out of interest,  why would anyone select option 1 instead of option 2.

You get your name on the shirt in option 2 . It's not like you get any benefit from donating to the academy , the club will just put less in themselves so I dont see the point , did I misinterpret this ?

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Option 1 is the only option that will have money going to the academy, so i think i'll chose that.

Surely one of the prize draw prizes has to be to go to one of the games, socially distancing in a stand to yourself

I don’t get this part about the academy. Sure all money into the club goes to running the academy in sum way?

Why would anybody who is not claiming a refund choose option 2 over option 1 ?.  If you dont want a refund you would presumably choose option .1 so that the money you are forfeiting would go to the academy.  What happens to the money produced by option 2 ?

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I don’t get this part about the academy. Sure all money into the club goes to running the academy in sum way?

It's pure marketing isn't it? Most people like the academy and so money going towards that seems like a good outcome. "We need your money to keep paying overinflated contracts and now might struggle to pay." From Jon Lansdown (Son of Steve  Lansdown - Billionaire) 

It just doesn't have the same ring to it does it? It's all corporate detached marketing which sums up modern day football. 

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You might be right, I'm hoping somewhere in the accounts in a years time it will say an extra x amount donated to the academy from season card holders....or something like that. 

Just now, ralphindevon said:

You might be right, I'm hoping somewhere in the accounts in a years time it will say an extra x amount donated to the academy from season card holders....or something like that. 

No doubt they budget and allocate so much to each part of running the club, but money from one part is covered by money coming elsewhere so it’s all pretty much the same thing.

4 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Why would anybody who is not claiming a refund choose option 2 over option 1 ?.  If you dont want a refund you would presumably choose option .1 so that the money you are forfeiting would go to the academy.  What happens to the money produced by option 2 ?

Creating and designing a shirt with people's names on I guess

5 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Presumably the cost of printing names on a shirt!

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

This thread heading only one place......the classics!! 

Otib meltdown of epic proportions. 

Everything that people wanted albeit later than they wanted. People asking stupid questions and moaning without even reading documents. 

It's s fair policy just a bit late in the day. 

Why would it go in the classics? Odd comment. It’s hardly a meltdown either, just people discussing a policy.

13 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Your last point is exactly my question. I must be missing something as to why the money isn’t available for the academy . 

Surely the cost of shirt print etc is governed by demand and they make a profit if they sell them... 

Archived