IGNORED

Refund on ST ?

westonred

23 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Don't be sorry. No bubble burst. Agree, season ticket holders only if social distancing is still with us. 

Very unlikely any football fans on 2020. Even 1m would mean no one the row in front or the row behind. Season ticket or not we wont be going to football before 2021 

On 13/06/2020 at 07:59, BRISTOL86 said:

So just so we’re clear, what exactly is this threat about losing your season ticket benefits all about? 

The only potential benefit I can think of is priority playoff tickets, and clearly the playoffs aren’t going to be taking place in packed stadiums, so what exactly is it they’re threatening? 

I was all set to just take the streams, having paid in full for 2019/20 and 2020/21 STs, but the way they’ve gone about it makes me want to tell them to F right O. 

You and me alike. Very narrow minded by the club imo. With times likely being hard for some with our economy set to struggle, I can see this poor fan treatment backfiring massively in the future. 

I am so disappointed with myself for getting an early bird season ticket for next season. Lost all respect for the club and right now dont fancy returning in any circumstances the way I feel right now 

32 minutes ago, City18 said:

Very unlikely any football fans on 2020. Even 1m would mean no one the row in front or the row behind. Season ticket or not we wont be going to football before 2021 

I Australia yesterday for Aussie Rules football they had one seat occupied then a four or five seat gap. The rows infront and behind were staggered so they were two or three seats away from you. I din't look like even family groups were sat together, I don't know about youngish children. It did look very odd.

Saying that the rugby match in New Zealand was the first time they had a normally spaced crowd, but they have been able to eliminate the virus totally

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Divide what you paid by 23 and then multiply it by 5....

yup thats what I did, but i still feel they should have given a figure. Part of me is expecting a deduction for a handling charge or something

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

yup thats what I did, but i still feel they should have given a figure. Part of me is expecting a deduction for a handling charge or something

... oh, I think you can count on that. Such is life being a customer of the Bristol Sport Football Division.

9 minutes ago, Calculus said:

... oh, I think you can count on that. Such is life being a customer of the Bristol Sport Football Division.

I'd like to see them try. The offer was for a pro-rata refund, and that's what I've based my decision on. I'll be giving most of my refund straight back to buy robins tv - about as much as anyone bar adult dolman/lansdown sc holders will be contributing to the club under option 1 or 2; but lucky me I get to be persona non-grata for the rest of this season, and not a real fan.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I din't look like even family groups were sat together,

Won't be allowed because it would then disrupt the stagger in all the other rows, family will need to sit in whichever seat is closest. 

48 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'd like to see them try. The offer was for a pro-rata refund, and that's what I've based my decision on. I'll be giving most of my refund straight back to buy robins tv - about as much as anyone bar adult dolman/lansdown sc holders will be contributing to the club under option 1 or 2; but lucky me I get to be persona non-grata for the rest of this season, and not a real fan.

I’m in the same boat.  The club will get a lot of my refund back for pay per view but the rest will come in handy.  For a lot of fans the cost of BCTV cancels out the refund so choosing option 1 or 2 doesn’t come with a financial downside.  For me sat in the Lansdown I’d be out of pocket.  It’s really annoyed me that to get my money back they make me feel like I’m not a real fan.  Whether that’s the intention or not, that’s how I feel.

I've been coming to aston gate for 45 years,season ticket holder for longer than I remember,I've asked for a refund does that make any less of supporter.in city eyes yes.if i had a rich daddy like Jon lansdown I would not worry about the money,But I haven't so why did he make us supporters feel like we did not care about the club if we took a refund in his email.so come on city get real and think of the supporters who do care about the club but some could be facing hard times at the moment and the money would help.

23 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Just checked back through my email and nothing from the club , anyone else had no email from them,  seams to be getting a bit close to this deadline 

Me neither, but if you look at the top of the Football Chat index there is an item " Here is ths link to season ticket options"  "by Phantom. I used this for my Option. I also emailed supporter services to advise that I did not receive the option email as I am concerned that I may not get the code as well.

Good luck.

On 13/06/2020 at 22:31, Calculus said:

Face masks? Well that's not going to help the police with their CCTV surveillance...

On the plus side, if they can’t see people’s faces because of the masks, maybe they can turn the bleedin’ stand lights off for evening matches!

That would certainly add to the matchday experience.

6 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

On the plus side, if they can’t see people’s faces because of the masks, maybe they can turn the bleedin’ stand lights off for evening matches!

That would certainly add to the matchday experience.

Is that why they do that? Blimey, seems like a sledge hammer to crack a nut. Can't they just make do with search lights and fierce dogs? 100% with you  btw. 

I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere already but I did a quick search and couldn't see anything having been posted about this, I haven't read the whole thread but... the first thing that occurred to me is that surely with options 1 and 2 is that  these are a breach of data protection laws (maybe 2 less so as you have to opt in to this one). I am by no means an expert of the regulations but I wouldn't have thought that the intended purpose of holding season ticket holders names was to print them in a programme or have them listed on a shirt. There is no way of opting in to options 1 or 2 whilst also say don't use my name to list on or shirt or in a programme.

Personally it doesn't bother me having my name used for either of those purposes but on the face of it I think it looks like a misuse of personal data to me, especially when the message in a crude way is respond to this e-mail by Tuesday or we'll print your name in a programme by default. I don't see how it can be legal.

12 minutes ago, kit said:

I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere already but I did a quick search and couldn't see anything having been posted about this, I haven't read the whole thread but... the first thing that occurred to me is that surely with options 1 and 2 is that  these are a breach of data protection laws (maybe 2 less so as you have to opt in to this one). I am by no means an expert of the regulations but I wouldn't have thought that the intended purpose of holding season ticket holders names was to print them in a programme or have them listed on a shirt. There is no way of opting in to options 1 or 2 whilst also say don't use my name to list on or shirt or in a programme.

Personally it doesn't bother me having my name used for either of those purposes but on the face of it I think it looks like a misuse of personal data to me, especially when the message in a crude way is respond to this e-mail by Tuesday or we'll print your name in a programme by default. I don't see how it can be legal.

No GDPR issue, I was asked by someone, so I checked with a GDPR expert, and be said no issue.  Basically you are confirming you are happy to have your name printed (in programme or shirt), and as long as the club hold your data securely and for the correct purpose it is fine.  But I’ll ask him specifically about the default option 1.

20 minutes ago, Antman said:

i appreciate this is a long thread and it may have been flagged earlier, but...

did anyone get any kind of confirmation AFTER making their choices?

i had nothing.

No, I got nothing.

47 minutes ago, Antman said:

i appreciate this is a long thread and it may have been flagged earlier, but...

did anyone get any kind of confirmation AFTER making their choices?

i had nothing.

Yes, email confirming my refund request:

Thank you for your email.

We have received your request for a pro-rata refund on your 2019/20 season card. Your refund will be processed within 14 working days. If we require any further details from you, a member of the Supporter Services team will be in contact.

Kind regards

Supporter Services

15 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Me neither, but if you look at the top of the Football Chat index there is an item " Here is ths link to season ticket options"  "by Phantom. I used this for my Option. I also emailed supporter services to advise that I did not receive the option email as I am concerned that I may not get the code as well.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info mate , still no email from the club so will do exactly the same as you have 

Anyone had this problem. I sent four individual emails for the four season tickets that are held in this household asking for the pro rata refund. I only received 1 automated reply stating they would refund within 14 days. I also put read receipts on the emails but haven't had a notice that they have been read.

I emailed four separate emails for each ticket held and had one automated reply. Other than that nothing and I also put read receipts on. Getting a bit anxious now but no chance of getting through to the club.

23 minutes ago, alandicks said:

Anyone had this problem. I sent four individual emails for the four season tickets that are held in this household asking for the pro rata refund. I only received 1 automated reply stating they would refund within 14 days. I also put read receipts on the emails but haven't had a notice that they have been read.

I emailed four separate emails for each ticket held and had one automated reply. Other than that nothing and I also put read receipts on. Getting a bit anxious now but no chance of getting through to the club.

I'm the same. Sent two seperate emails, but only one auto response. I'm guessing they only send the one auto response per email address. Just make sure you keep the sent emails, then if you haven't heard back from them in 14 days then follow up. There's no way they can not issue you with the refunds as long as you can prove you sent the emails. That's all we can do I guess. The whole thing has just been a shit show! So poorly organised and communicated. 

Yes, had the same. Sent two separate E Mails for a pro-rata refund for my sons and mine. Received just the one automated reply to the first E Mail. 
Think others have had the same, so I guess their system recognises this and it will be the same for everyone. 
incidentally, I’m still waiting for a refund for 2 Blackburn away tickets despite a phonecall in early May and 2 follow up E Mails. 
maybe if I turn up In Blackburn on Saturday they might take pity and let me in ?

there is an update on bcfc.co.uk from jon l

why oh why does our club have to **** up at every opportunity and then release updates! what is on there now was needed over one week ago but at least it’s there now i suppose.

unfortunately we are still ran by complete amateurs off the pitch

Archived