IGNORED

England v Australia ODI Bristol.

BCFC1512

Gloucestershire released a statement on their website/facebook account the other day which basically re-iterated an ECB statement about domestic fixtures (a lot of this was, understandably, what might happen rather than what will actually take place).  But this fixture was not mentioned, so I am assuming no decision as yet.  But the fact that the Windies seem set to tour seems hopeful, the fact that the England -  Australia ODI is scheduled for mid July means probably a 50/50 chance, mid August would have probably been a very good chance.  As Northern Red said, and the Glos statement on domestic games inferred, it would be behind closed doors.

I normally get a ticket for the ODIs in Bristol, left it too late this time as they sold out pretty quickly.  As the tour is IIRC quite a short trip of just one dayers, it might be one that will just get postponed till next season, with tickets sold still valid or refunds if preferred.

14 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Gloucestershire released a statement on their website/facebook account the other day which basically re-iterated an ECB statement about domestic fixtures (a lot of this was, understandably, what might happen rather than what will actually take place).  But this fixture was not mentioned, so I am assuming no decision as yet.  But the fact that the Windies seem set to tour seems hopeful, the fact that the England -  Australia ODI is scheduled for mid July means probably a 50/50 chance, mid August would have probably been a very good chance.  As Northern Red said, and the Glos statement on domestic games inferred, it would be behind closed doors.

I normally get a ticket for the ODIs in Bristol, left it too late this time as they sold out pretty quickly.  As the tour is IIRC quite a short trip of just one dayers, it might be one that will just get postponed till next season, with tickets sold still valid or refunds if preferred.

Ah that would be good! I’ve also got West Indies and Pakistan test tickets :( 

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 16:48, Taunton_BCFC said:

Ah that would be good! I’ve also got West Indies and Pakistan test tickets :( 

From a selfish point of view ie actually going to see the match live, the possibility of it being put back to 2021 would give me a chance of getting a ticket.  I was on a "reserve" list for the England v India T/20 at Bristol 2 years ago, as all tickets pretty much went straight away, and had a call about 2 months before the game as they had had some returns (I think the corporate sector by them in huge numbers and can't always use them), so went to that, having previously thinking I had little chance. 

One thing that will be interesting if it ends up going ahead behind closed doors, is how many "socially distanced" parties will be happening on the balconies of the flats at the Ashley Down Road end!

1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

From a selfish point of view ie actually going to see the match live, the possibility of it being put back to 2021 would give me a chance of getting a ticket. 

How would this happen? Already scheduled tours for 2021, I know the Aus series is short but will be a different schedule next year

It is not something that I have seen mooted on any official source, or any journalist/media musings, just something that I thought might be a possibility as many summer events (the Euros, The Killers tour, Nile Rodgers, Michael Buble etc) have all been rescheduled to take place in the summer of 2021.  But, yes, I agree International cricket tours may be more of a logistical nightmare due to the longer term planning. 

However, it might not come to that for the Aussies ODI tour, as I found this on the BCC cricket site, which may well be the answer:-

"The three ODIs against Ireland were due to be the final fixtures, in September, but Cricket Ireland said there have been discussions about moving those games. They are set to brought forward to the period in between the two Test series, creating space for the Australia tour to be pushed to late summer and giving the maximum opportunity for it to take place."

On 23/06/2020 at 19:38, Taunton_BCFC said:

Got email today. Option of refund or transfer ticket to ODI next summer. Plus £10 voucher! Happy with that!!

Old Trafford are doing the same for the Pakistan Test (I had Day 1 tickets) minus the voucher offer, either transfer tickets to the equivalent day of next year's Test against India or refund.

And they'll allow people to choose to transfer now but then claim a refund once the dates for next summer have been announced.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Old Trafford are doing the same for the Pakistan Test (I had Day 1 tickets) minus the voucher offer, either transfer tickets to the equivalent day of next year's Test against India or refund.

And they'll allow people to choose to transfer now but then claim a refund once the dates for next summer have been announced.

Ah happy days I have day 1 of Pakistan at lords. Hopefully they do the same. Is it just India touring next year?

19 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Ah happy days I have day 1 of Pakistan at lords. Hopefully they do the same. Is it just India touring next year?

Only India for Tests. Sri Lanka and Pakistan are touring as well but that's just ODI and T20.

My Dad had tickets for the West Indies Test at Lords and they've said they'll refund, no mention of transfers.

Archived