IGNORED

City v. Wolves, November 1998

Milton Red

My first game!

@The Dolman Pragmatist

Funny thing was after Benny's first 5 disastrous games his record though not exactly ideal,wasn't the worst- he got us shored up at the back in any case, to a point.

Think our PPG after the first 5 wasn't awful either. Will have to check!

Capitulation? Yes in the grand scheme BUT let's not forget the Easter weekend onwards rally. We won 3 on the bounce, including a late latye winner at Portsmouth and a 4-1 v Grimsby despite goping behind- a late, late equaliser at Stockport too.

If not for Mike Dean was it vs Birmingham, who knows- we may have gone into the final day with a chance or a fighting chance at least.

Got 13 points from those last 8 games- Shaun Taylor returning undoubtedly helped.

@Lanterne Rouge Think he'd been let go just before but could stand corrected. 

As well as the 3 Little Pigs v Wolfie, City Cat the peacemarker, I seem to recall a Gate Post- we had Gate Post then didn't we- promising fine things, new European manager, optimism etc...first home game for him! Didn't quite go to plan- but the funny thing was we scored first! We scored first!

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Carl Hutchings :shocking:

I spent two weeks in Barbados and for the entire time the next door room was occupied by the bloke who was Carl Hutchings`s best man and kept talking about him as soon as he found out I was a City fan. It was a joint balcony and, after sitting out there for a few beers, I found it very hard not to tell him what I actually thought of CH as a footballer!

On the same holiday a guy started talking to me in a bar as I had a City shirt on and it turned out he was Greg Goodridge`s next door neighbour.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The game against watford at home early in the season was worse.

One of the most one sided games i ever saw,

Remember that one well, their fans signing “You’re just a one season wonder” at us. I knew we were in big trouble after that.

Some of the games that season always stick in my mind.

3 0 down to swindon in ten minutes, getting 2 back and hitting the bar or post about 4 times.

Everton at home in the cup, what a atmosphere.

Port vale away, pouring rain, 2 0 down, getting it back to 2 2 and then them scoring again.

The highlight was thrashing crewe 5 0, i think grady had made some sarcastic comments about us a few weeks earlier.

That qpr game away, we took thousands, and they scored in about 5 minutes of injury time.

Archived