IGNORED

City are back on Saturday, kind of.

jtc1

• Admin
2 hours ago, City oz said:

Looked every where and no indication it’s true. Hope it is though 

Why do you hope its true?

I saw that EPL teams are able to have training matches, but I thought the EFL were at least a week behind in testing etc?

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Hope it's streamed, I assume not, tactics etc

It's a training match - these have never been shown anywhere

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Why do you hope its true?

I saw that EPL teams are able to have training matches, but I thought the EFL were at least a week behind in testing etc?

It's a training match - these have never been shown anywhere

I know, a lot of people are really looking for their fix now though.

I thought the EFL said that friendlies could only take place with teams within a 50 minute car journey from each other The players would have to travel in their own cars and arrive in their kits.

Well surely Southampton is more than 50 mins away 

The league sent guidelines to the 20 teams on Tuesday outlining restrictions, including the need for a full risk assessment to take place before matches that members of staff would have to officiate instead of referees.

Clubs are not allowed to travel more than 90 minutes for these friendly games, which players must go to in their own cars as social distancing and hygiene measures are implemented.

The development will come as a surprise to some expecting intra-squad matches to be the only way to prepare in an 11-a-side match.

Liverpool, Southampton and Sheffield United are among the sides to have done internal matches, with the latter increasing the workload as fitness improves.

With a clear road and no stopping 90 min is possible.

• Admin
4 hours ago, westonred said:

I thought the EFL said that friendlies could only take place with teams within a 50 minute car journey from each other The players would have to travel in their own cars and arrive in their kits.

Well surely Southampton is more than 50 mins away 

You are assuming that the game is taking place at either Bristol or Southampton

What if it was being played in Swindon etc?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

They would be fumigated on the way out and have the growing extra finger surgically removed?

What do i win? 

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 16:38, phantom said:

Ever tried getting from Southampton to Swindon in 50 minutes can't be done it's at least 80 minutes and that's not hanging around. The route is a nightmare I did it for two weeks the other way coming off the M4 at junction 15 the road is a nightmare almost as bad as getting to Minehead once you leave the M5.

• Admin
1 hour ago, pillred said:

Ever tried getting from Southampton to Swindon in 50 minutes can't be done it's at least 80 minutes and that's not hanging around. The route is a nightmare I did it for two weeks the other way coming off the M4 at junction 15 the road is a nightmare almost as bad as getting to Minehead once you leave the M5.

It was just an example that the game could be played half way 

Archived