IGNORED

Opening (Restarting) Fixtures now confirmed

Silvio Dante

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

80FEC940-F173-4B41-9D51-30B17B2C04E4.jpegEdit: Although not stated above, only the first three rounds of games have had Sky coverage confirmed so the last 6 are provisional 

Surprised they’ve picked the Wednesday game especially considering Forest had previously be picked for live coverage.

Are all games on the red button ?

On the face of it to build in a week's break at the start is sensible planning. May help a little  with injury niggles they have experienced in Germany. Just hope there are no serious injuries or, of course, positive tests. 

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Surprised they’ve picked the Wednesday game especially considering Forest had previously be picked for live coverage.

Are all games on the red button ?

No red button for any games I’m afraid.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

80FEC940-F173-4B41-9D51-30B17B2C04E4.jpegEdit: Although not stated above, only the first three rounds of games have had Sky coverage confirmed so the last 6 are provisional 

Cheers, duly added to my calendar.

Seems to be plenty of space. :noexp:

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So does that mean the only City games we will see on Sky are those picked as the main game? 

I really only signed up due to the red button coverage. I may just cancel if this is true. 

Bizarre, EFL statement issued last week categorically stated “no red button”, but now makes no reference to it, but does say “goals as they go in”.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/sky-bet-championship-returns-to-sky-sports/

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bizarre, EFL statement issued last week categorically stated “no red button”, but now makes no reference to it, but does say “goals as they go in”.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/sky-bet-championship-returns-to-sky-sports/

There's going to be a goals show. I assume this will be on Sky Sports News, but I could be wrong.

Pure speculation but I can see clubs not wanting to be on sky if they’re the away team, you get £10,000 for being the away team, think more teams would gamble getting over 1000 people watching on ifollow at £10 a game to make more money....

26 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So does that mean the only City games we will see on Sky are those picked as the main game? 

I really only signed up due to the red button coverage. I may just cancel if this is true. 

If you are a season ticket holder then you can watch games shown on Sky on RobinsTV. This is what the club's statement said:

"Season Card Holders will be able to watch all scheduled home and away games, including any that are selected for broadcast by Sky Sports on Robins TV."

Might add to your reasons for cancelling.

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Pure speculation but I can see clubs not wanting to be on sky if they’re the away team, you get £10,000 for being the away team, think more teams would gamble getting over 1000 people watching on ifollow at £10 a game to make more money....

I was under the impression that these games aren't under 'the Sky deal' and are gifted to Sky on exchange for not refunding them a fortune.

Question however, probably for @Harry and various other people involved with Section82, will there be the opportunity to put in any flag displays before restart?

A few well tethered surfer flags, and other banners and flags displayed across the seats might help make things a bit more interesting.

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If you are a season ticket holder then you can watch games shown on Sky on RobinsTV. This is what the club's statement said:

"Season Card Holders will be able to watch all scheduled home and away games, including any that are selected for broadcast by Sky Sports on Robins TV."

Might add to your reasons for cancelling.

If the plan is to only watch City games, then the £10 a game Robinstv option is gonna be cheaper.

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Will they be showing the games on the big screen and have the fanzone open? 

Almost certainly not, I can’t imagine they will be encouraging any sort of gathering. After all that’s the whole reason the games are having to be played behind closed doors

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yes there's no red button,  part of the renegotiation with Sky.....the clubs can charge £10 pg  for the stream, less takers if there's extensive coverage on Sky . Also it gives a reason not to refund ST's.....for example Sky/BT etc are showing every PL game and as a result virtually every PL club is offering refunds as a streamed alternative is worthless as everyone can catch the game on TV - free to air in some cases.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If the plan is to only watch City games, then the £10 a game Robinstv option is gonna be cheaper.

Hi Dave, being an exile I don’t have a season ticket and a five month old son the cost of football is currently expensive for me. What are my options to watch the games - I understood robins tv was only for people who lived outside of the uk

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was under the impression that these games aren't under 'the Sky deal' and are gifted to Sky on exchange for not refunding them a fortune.

Question however, probably for @Harry and various other people involved with Section82, will there be the opportunity to put in any flag displays before restart?

A few well tethered surfer flags, and other banners and flags displayed across the seats might help make things a bit more interesting.

Smart idea Rob. 
I’m not involved anymore but I’ll tag @James @Lewisdabaron 

The streaming option is of course welcome and I shall be hopefully watching the games live on telly, however....

I already have Sky Sports - so that's one less game for me to see any benefit, and whilst I am sure this represents a fair value deal, being an adult Dolman central season ticket holder, I'm not sure how much my season ticket worked out on a price per game basis.

As others have suggested, would it work out better value to take a refund and pay-as-you-go for the streaming?

Guess we wait until details of the new platform are announced and go from there. Some of the Red Button games appeared to be filmed by Stevie Wonder under the direction of Helen Keller this season for example.

8 minutes ago, daored said:

Hi Dave, being an exile I don’t have a season ticket and a five month old son the cost of football is currently expensive for me. What are my options to watch the games - I understood robins tv was only for people who lived outside of the uk

The rules pre-lockdown this season were that Robins TV was available to all in UK provided that:

Games were not in the saturday window ie up to 5pm

No Sky UK broadcast 

No international broadcast 

Renegotiation has meant all if above has changed. It will be £10 per game for the likes of us who haven't got an ST.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

So the last games of the season are all going to be played on the Wednesday evening and all at the same time?

Archived