IGNORED

Neil Warnock Interview five live

Red Skin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000jqc7

Starts 1:07:30

Speaks about Abel Taarabt during his time at QPR.  interesting listen after listening to Bradley Orr speak about him.

He speaks about City towards the end of interview as he usually seems to.  We seemed to play his teams loads of times, but it's interesting how  prominent we are for him seeing as he never managed us.  Seems like he's finally retired, but I bet he'd love a crack at the city job for one last hurrah. 

Quite a funny line (about 1:32:00) about how he'd like us to respond when he finally passes away.   Fair play to him.  

Never been my choice of manager, but always viewed him as a pantomime villain rather than a hate figure.  Undoubtedly, he's had a successful and interesting career in football.  As part of football's rich tapestry I don't begrudge him his time in the game. 

10 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Speaks about Abel Taarabt during his time at QPR.  interesting listen after listening to Bradley Orr speak about him.

He speak about City towards the end of interview as he usually seems to.  We seemed to play his teams loads of times, but it's interesting how  prominent we are for him seeing as he never managed us.  Seems like he's finally retired, but I bet he'd love a crack at the city job for one last hurrah.

Never been my choice of manager, but always viewed him as a pantomime villain rather than a hate figure.  Undoubtedly, he's had a successful and interesting career in football.  

Would love him here

29 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Quite a funny line (about 1:32:00) about how he'd like us to respond when he finally passes away.   Fair play to him.  

Never been my choice of manager, but always viewed him as a pantomime villain rather than a hate figure.  Undoubtedly, he's had a successful and interesting career in football.  As part of football's rich tapestry I don't begrudge him his time in the game. 

He’s like some 1970s comedian (or Holloway) who can only tell the same joke, he’s done this one hundreds of times, doesn’t he have anything else to say?

Absolute scumbag who plays shit football, a total dinosaur.

He can **** right off, I’d just as soon see Pulis return to BS3 as that ***.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s like some 1970s comedian (or Holloway) who can only tell the same joke, he’s done this one hundreds of times, doesn’t he have anything else to say?

Get off the fence FFS and tell us what you really feel

This post match interview made me change my mind on Warnock from 2016. He starts off as the usual grumpy old git we know very well, but end's up gushing about City, the ground and the chairman. You can tell he used to love the banter with our fans! Apparently his daughter went to Bristol Uni so he probably used to visit the City quite frequently. 

• Admin
58 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I understand what you mean

But we were hardly blessed with entertaining or exciting football this season and at least he has been there and won promotion on numerous occasions

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Course you would .... Pulis or the most successful manager ever in English football in terms of promotions won? Tough choice ...

26 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

This post match interview made me change my mind on Warnock from 2016. He starts off as the usual grumpy old git we know very well, but end's up gushing about City, the ground and the chairman. You can tell he used to love the banter with our fans! Apparently his daughter went to Bristol Uni so he probably used to visit the City quite frequently. 

He makes a good point about modern managers with clipboard.  I'd also add that the amount of media coaching managers and players have robs the game of passion and some honesty.  It can all be very dull.

I don't agree with much of what he says, but he's always honest enough to say what he thinks.  

41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Course you would .... Pulis or the most successful manager ever in English football in terms of promotions won? Tough choice ...

Pulis has an infinitely superior record in keeping teams in The Prem, so he doesn’t need to keep winning promotion, unlike Warnock who has never managed once to keep a team up.

And I say that as someone who absolutely despises Pulis.

5 hours ago, RedSkin said:

He speaks about City towards the end of interview as he usually seems to.  We seemed to play his teams loads of times, but it's interesting how  prominent we are for him seeing as he never managed us.  Seems like he's finally retired, but I bet he'd love a crack at the city job for one last hurrah. 

A pantomime villain, or perhaps the guy who ties young girls to railway lines in those silent films, is a good analogy. Never really hated him and always thought he was clever at interviews. Everything he said was for effect or especially to deflect attention away from his players. 

What a great interview that is.

I've said before that I met Neil in Looe years ago while on holiday. He was walking his dog and I had stopped for a coffee and to get the kids an ice cream. He ended up sat at my table, saw the BCFC t shirt and spent a good half hour chatting. He was absolutely lovely.

That said, as a football Manager, he is one you love to hate but I can't help liking the bloke in all honesty.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Pulis has an infinitely superior record in keeping teams in The Prem, so he doesn’t need to keep winning promotion, unlike Warnock who has never managed once to keep a team up.

And I say that as someone who absolutely despises Pulis.

....and I’ve said a zillion times on here that Neil Warnock is not a good enough manager for the premier league but he’s the man to get you there. We aren’t a premier league club so talking of Pulis’ record in the premier league is totally irrelevant ...

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...or rather, it’s like asking if you want to be promoted to the premier league or not ...

Well no, it isnt.

You could make that statement if every Championship club Warnock managed got promoted under him, but I must have missed Rotherham going up a couple of years ago, and I don't see Cardiff anywhere above us.

49 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well no, it isnt.

You could make that statement if every Championship club Warnock managed got promoted under him, but I must have missed Rotherham going up a couple of years ago, and I don't see Cardiff anywhere above us.

It's not about that though for most people.Never going to happen now, but if Warnock had come in and got us promoted to the top league 95% of our fans wouldn't be as precious as you.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well no, it isnt.

...yet Warnock promoted Cardiff to the premier league ... and as I’ve said a zillion times, he isn’t a premier league manager, so no need to gloat about him relegating them from the top flight ... wonder if @GrahamC will “like” this post as quickly as he “liked” yours?!  ?

(Ps .. you obviously aren’t aware Warnock is no longer Cardiff Manager given the last bit of your post above?! It’s nothing to do with him anymore! PPs - he performed miracles at Rotherham to keep them up yet you used his time at that club to chastise him for not getting promotion?! ??)

Archived