IGNORED

Neil Warnock Interview five live

Red Skin

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Pulis has an infinitely superior record in keeping teams in The Prem, so he doesn’t need to keep winning promotion, unlike Warnock who has never managed once to keep a team up...

Bit unfair on Warnock that, he took QPR into the premier league as Champions of the Championship and in his first season up there with Rangers he was sacked with five months of the season left with QPR outside of the relegation zone ... he may well have kept them up - but I still don’t think he’s a premier league manager ...

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...yet Warnock promoted Cardiff to the premier league ... and as I’ve said a zillion times, he isn’t a premier league manager, so no need to gloat about him relegating them from the top flight ... wonder if @GrahamC will “like” this post as quickly as he “liked” yours?!  ?

(Ps .. you obviously aren’t aware Warnock is no longer Cardiff Manager given the last bit of your post above?! It’s nothing to do with him anymore! PPs - he performed miracles at Rotherham to keep them up yet you used his time at that club to chastise him for not getting promotion?! ??)

Yes, I am aware, so no need for the patronising diatribe.

They were in a lower position when he left after we beat them

Your comment was essentially saying Warnock guarantees promotion and Pulis guarantees no promotion, neither of those assertions are true, you post was a false analogy.

Someone as ridiculously pedantic as yourself should have been able to see that.

Nor did my post "gloat" about Cardiff being relegated. 

Perhaps instead of being so desperate to jump to defend Warnock, you should have taken a second to read it.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Fair points James - it feels like we are slowly getting back to normal when you and me start sparring about football related matters! Hope you’re doing ok mate ...

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Your comment was essentially saying Warnock guarantees promotion and Pulis guarantees no promotion, neither of those assertions are true, you post was a false analogy.

Someone as ridiculously pedantic as yourself should have been able to see that.

Nor did my post "gloat" about Cardiff being relegated. 

Perhaps instead of being so desperate to jump to defend Warnock, you should have taken a second to read it.

Wow - you added a serious amount of text in your ‘edit’ after I’d already replied! 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow - you added a serious amount of text in your ‘edit’ after I’d already replied! 

I had started, and finished my edit before your reply showed up.

If you'd bothered to look at the timestamps, you'd see they are both the same.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Warnock averaged one promotion every four seasons over a managerial career spanning over four decades - that’s pretty successful ... it’s more ‘when’ not ‘if’ with Warnock ...

And the current average tenure of a manger is less than 4 seasons.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I had started, and finished my edit before your reply showed up.

If you'd bothered to look at the timestamps, you'd see they are both the same.

Well, the immense amount of added text wasn’t visible when I replied, your edit was too late! Anyway, as I said above, hope you’re ok mate, it’s good to be talking about football again ... but people on here are probably bored of our tete a tete tonight so I’ll leave it there ...

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What a great interview that is.

I've said before that I met Neil in Looe years ago while on holiday. He was walking his dog and I had stopped for a coffee and to get the kids an ice cream. He ended up sat at my table, saw the BCFC t shirt and spent a good half hour chatting. He was absolutely lovely.

That said, as a football Manager, he is one you love to hate but I can't help liking the bloke in all honesty.

I hadn't read about you meeting him before.  That's good to hear.  Aside from post match interview - and that's as an oppo fan of course - I think he comes across as decent.  

The thing with him for me though isn't just the long ball reputation.  It's the cheating that gets me more.  His teams are the worst for niggles and play-acting.  Embodied no more than the Rotherham game a few years ago where they practically called a priest to give the defender his last rites at a time we were on top in the game, which was stopped for 10 minutes, seeing the guy stretchered off and then miraculously recovering and running back on the pitch. 

It's incidents like that, and the West Brom game vs Sheffield United where the Blunts had 3 players sent off and then strangely another 2 injured, thereby causing the game to be abandoned.  Cheating and controversy has followed him around and I would rather not have that sort of manager in charge of the City, irrespective of any possible promotion that may arise. It's not all about the long ball.  He may be a lovely man....but as a manager he lacks integrity.

8 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The thing with him for me though isn't just the long ball reputation.  It's the cheating that gets me more.  His teams are the worst for niggles and play-acting.  Embodied no more than the Rotherham game a few years ago where they practically called a priest to give the defender his last rites at a time we were on top in the game, which was stopped for 10 minutes, seeing the guy stretchered off and then miraculously recovering and running back on the pitch. 

It's incidents like that, and the West Brom game vs Sheffield United where the Blunts had 3 players sent off and then strangely another 2 injured, thereby causing the game to be abandoned.  Cheating and controversy has followed him around and I would rather not have that sort of manager in charge of the City, irrespective of any possible promotion that may arise. It's not all about the long ball.  He may be a lovely man....but as a manager he lacks integrity.

And City have never had any players who have play-acted ever and the 'ghost goal' from Sears didn't happen then? 

We are no angels ourselves.

19 minutes ago, 2015 said:

And City have never had any players who have play-acted ever and the 'ghost goal' from Sears didn't happen then? 

We are no angels ourselves.

I'm not saying we are for a minute.  There will always be the odd player that will play-act.....but it is a recurring theme throughout his career.  And what is clear, is that it is under direction of the manager.  Every time he brings a team to Ashton Gate, the same antics are on show, and it's on show throughout the game.  His success comes from not allowing the opposition to get any momentum in the game, by fair means or (mainly) foul, thus ruining it as a spectacle.

It's funny How LJ gets absolutely slated on here when he moans to the ref, some bloke even rang up radio bristol saying he'll never go again  after the Brentford game when he got sent off. (Although he did nothing wrong) 

Warnock does it and the blokes a genius according to most on here, the way warnock shouts and sticks his finger in officials faces is disgraceful, If he gets sent to the stands people say "I wish our manager was that passionate" I just find it strange how everyone can forgive bad behaviour when it's Warnock. Never want the cheat anywhere near our club.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm not saying we are for a minute.  There will always be the odd player that will play-act.....but it is a recurring theme throughout his career.  And what is clear, is that it is under direction of the manager.  Every time he brings a team to Ashton Gate, the same antics are on show, and it's on show throughout the game.  His success comes from not allowing the opposition to get any momentum in the game, by fair means or (mainly) foul, thus ruining it as a spectacle.

Were you one of those who thought similar about Steve Cotterill before he was appointed?

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Were you one of those who thought similar about Steve Cotterill before he was appointed?

No, I wasn't. Cotts I wasn't interested in solely because of his footballing style.  I've not been aware of any examples of gamesmanship a la Warnock from SC.

5 hours ago, Packman said:

It's funny How LJ gets absolutely slated on here when he moans to the ref, some bloke even rang up radio bristol saying he'll never go again  after the Brentford game when he got sent off. (Although he did nothing wrong) 

Warnock does it and the blokes a genius according to most on here, the way warnock shouts and sticks his finger in officials faces is disgraceful, If he gets sent to the stands people say "I wish our manager was that passionate" I just find it strange how everyone can forgive bad behaviour when it's Warnock. Never want the cheat anywhere near our club.

I would say the opposite. LJ gets defended by the majority on here when he moans at refs, squares up to opposition staff and even when he throws players under the bus.

I don't find it at all surprising how many would prefer Warnock here than Johnson to be honest but it would never have happened.

17 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

You need to ruin games, to go up at this level.

That is obvious.

There is a cardiff fan who posts on here, id be intrested to see if he thinks they played decent football under warnock.?

Bet they got more goalmouth action than us over the past two seasons.

On 08/06/2020 at 20:29, Ska Junkie said:

What a great interview that is.

I've said before that I met Neil in Looe years ago while on holiday. He was walking his dog and I had stopped for a coffee and to get the kids an ice cream. He ended up sat at my table, saw the BCFC t shirt and spent a good half hour chatting. He was absolutely lovely.

That said, as a football Manager, he is one you love to hate but I can't help liking the bloke in all honesty.

I met him in Looe as well about 10 years ago and had a good chat about City and Football and about Cornwall .  He was a really nice guy. Later that day met JJ Burnel of the Stranglers who were recording down there. Had a good chat with him as well. 

22 minutes ago, redapple said:

I met him in Looe as well about 10 years ago and had a good chat about City and Football and about Cornwall .  He was a really nice guy. Later that day met JJ Burnel of the Stranglers who were recording down there. Had a good chat with him as well. 

That would be around the same time then ra. He must have been fed up chatting to City supporters! ;)

On 09/06/2020 at 09:07, Steve Watts said:

It's been alleged that Warnock had told George Santos that his contract wasnt going to be renewed at Sheffield United before that game, but promised him time as a sub to make an impact, as it were, on Johnson.

Leading to the tackle in that aforementioned game.

From 47.40 is where it's alleged that it was premeditated. 

Granted, being the person on the receiving end of the horrendous tackle, Johnson isnt exactly impartial. 

Archived