IGNORED

League One & Two Officially Finished

Unan

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Peterborough owner won’t be happy. Fair play to Coventry though had a rough few years. Fantastic effort getting promoted whilst playing at someone else’s ground. 

And congratulations to Liam Walsh who has probably won a medal and his first professional honour.

Plymouth should never have gone down in the first place; they only did because the EFL took so long to throw Bury out.

There is a possible points deduction for Macclesfield for a rules breach which may reprieve Stevenage.  I hope so; not because I have any interest in Stevenage but because Macclesfield are a shambles and regularly fail to pay their players.

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Peterborough owner won’t be happy. Fair play to Coventry though had a rough few years. Fantastic effort getting promoted whilst playing at someone else’s ground. 

don't underestimate how big a club Coventry are...if they got their act together ground wise they will be back in the prem some time soon

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

don't underestimate how big a club Coventry are...if they got their act together ground wise they will be back in the prem some time soon

Growing up they were always in the top flight . Won the FA Cup in 87 (my favourite cup final). But since they left Highfield Road it hasn’t worked out for them . Usually moving to a new stadium has a positive impact. But I believe SISU have a lot to answer to . And don’t wasps play at the Ricoh now . 

6 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Are they having play offs ?

Wycome voted against finishing the season, as they couldn't afford to. But will be playing in the play offs. Boro/Sunderland fans are fuming.

25 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Nice for Rovers as Swindon come up. It's the closest they'll ever get to a league derby again.

Do people think we'll use any of the 10 million loan players we've sent out in the rest of our campaign? Walsh/Morell/Szmodics etc

I can’t see it myself as already too many experienced options in their position, however I certainly think Walsh and morell may be more involved next season.

not sure about szmodics, seemed a punt but maybe to much of a luxury player for the championship.

31 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Nice for Rovers as Swindon come up. It's the closest they'll ever get to a league derby again.

Do people think we'll use any of the 10 million loan players we've sent out in the rest of our campaign? Walsh/Morell/Szmodics etc

It's a shame we can't play the Gas at Ashton Gate like that season in the 80's as they normally only give Swindon around 1600 yet they get 2800 at the county ground 

1 hour ago, walnutroof said:

Losing to the gas cost them dear 

Imagine missing out on promotion because you lost to the Gas! That must be the lowest point in their history. They will never live it down especially as their fans love the Gas 

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

I thought they were a bit hard up. The Champs is a huge step up these days... I think they will struggle especially if they continue away from Ricoh which of course exacerbates their financial woes with very poor crowds 

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

I wonder if Cov will put a bid in for Walsh now. 

Will depend on contract extension, LJ has said publicly he wants Walsh around the first team so would probably depend how much Cov would be willing to offer with 12 months left on his contract, can't see Cov beating what we paid for him so may be worth the gamble to keep him around the squad if it'll help towards promotion

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

When you look at the championship you soon realise how much history there is with some very successful clubs years ago 

53 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It's a shame we can't play the Gas at Ashton Gate like that season in the 80's as they normally only give Swindon around 1600 yet they get 2800 at the county ground 

Like you would sell 2,800 tickets ?

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Back to the arguments of what constitutes a big club is I suppose. To remain in the top flight for 34 seasons following their promotion to Div 1 in 1966/67 is an achievement, but in all that time they didn't exactly threaten the top of the league. A single FA Cup win is not much of a return for a big club. 

Archived