IGNORED

Sam Szmodics

Bristol Rob

An almost forgotten man as we look at returning loan players.

Depending on who we lose in the summer (assuming anyone comes in for any of our players), do you see him having a future in BS3?

Looked - based on pre season reports - last season he might be a key player, but it never happened. Will he break through next season?

Woss fink.

A few players have taken a year or so to make a step up in standard, can't be forgotten he was trying to step up from league 2 so could take a bit longer, looks like he's easily able to compete at league 1 so perhaps a loan to a top league 1 team next season to show what he can do before challenging for a 1st team spot. Of course pre-season will be a key factor as well in whether LJ wants him around the 1st team squad.

19 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Can’t see him leaving, doubt that many clubs will be able to afford particularly good wages, and certainly not transfer fees, especially with the uncertainty going forward.

If Posh sell Toney they might be able to. Also if Maddison`s loan to Hull gets made permanent then they`ll have some more cash and need a quality attacking midfielder.

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If Posh sell Toney they might be able to. Also if Maddison`s loan to Hull gets made permanent then they`ll have some more cash and need a quality attacking midfielder.

Out of contract

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They might have money, but with so much doubt about football resuming with no social distancing, any Club would be mad to commit to a transfer fee, or pay high wages. At most clubs, survival will be top priority at a guess.

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

An almost forgotten man as we look at returning loan players.

Depending on who we lose in the summer (assuming anyone comes in for any of our players), do you see him having a future in BS3?

Looked - based on pre season reports - last season he might be a key player, but it never happened. Will he break through next season?

Woss fink.

Potential star. Needs to be given a chance. Race reviews at Peterborough 

10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well down the pecking order in a Championship squad.  In normal circumstances, would be worth another year of develioment, but in current economic circumstances, I think he may be a casualty.  If he can get a transfer to a L1 side, I'm sure he will do very well.

I’m sure Peterborough would be after him in normal circumstances, but they are gonna feel crushed by yesterday’s curtailment.  If Toney goes then maybe, but they aren’t gonna get £10m for him in these market conditions.  I think MacAnthony had said they would let him go (not cheaply though) if they didn’t get promoted.

On an aside Bet365 repaid my stake on Peterborough promotion yesterday.

I completely agree with all three above posts, and have made the same points myself in another thread. I just think we are bloated in central midfield, and it's clear that LW & JM are being groomed for the midfield and they have age on their side.  Realistically, with them now getting decent league experience under their belts if anyone is to make way, irrespective of how well he has done since his return from injury, it will be the out of contract and (arguably) injury prone approaching 30 year old, and it's difficult to argue against it.  One thing's for sure, he'll always be fondly remembered in these parts, and that's a pretty good legacy to have.

Give Korey a new deal, we do though need to look for an upgrade in this position and would be my main transfer target in the summer to share duties with Smith, maybe in time that is Massengo or Nagy but neither seem to have that aggressive streak and much needed physicality that is required. 

We do seem to have far to many neat and tidy central midfielders of a slight and weak stature.

2 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

LJ bought ss and kp and sent ss out on loan along with jp,  LJ didn’t like kp and bought back jp from dc.ss played a blinder for pfc but can’t play now.

Hopefully things will become clearer when the season resumes

ctid

Load of shite, Pato was sent back by Derby because they signed Rooney

Archived