IGNORED

22A

For you young 'uns, this was sports reports before Jeff Stelling;

Some things never change though; when they get round to the Div 3 table, Rovers are 14th. Where are they in the same division today - 14th.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I loved him at the time, but watching old games back  now he was a shocking commentator  

I have to disagree with you Vincent!

Bearing in mind he only had limited tech at the time (both in his studio role and on the gantry) he understood when and when not to speak. As I know too well from my previous career in broadcasting, there's a heck of a difference between radio and tv ie let the pictures do the talking. 

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brian or Roger?

Brian, watched a old England game on YouTube recently and twice he didn't know the name of the player through on goal. I don't dislike the guy , I grew up listening to him. I think it just highlights how good the modern commentators are.

On 11/06/2020 at 09:57, Norn Iron said:

I have to disagree with you Vincent!

Bearing in mind he only had limited tech at the time (both in his studio role and on the gantry) he understood when and when not to speak. As I know too well from my previous career in broadcasting, there's a heck of a difference between radio and tv ie let the pictures do the talking. 

As the saying goes;

Wise men speak because they have something to say;

Fools speak because they have to say something

Archived