IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

1 hour ago, Selred said:

I'm the opposite, the audio seems about 2 seconds faster than the picture. 

Really annoying, the sound is a few seconds in front of the video. Although not as bad as turning off  the Sound and listening to the commentary on radio Bristol. We scored on the radio before the match had started on Robins TV.

On 12/09/2020 at 18:04, Gmac said:

Really hope they invest in a decent camera and cameraman if this is the new way of watching football. Hard to watch it at times. 

I think you need to watch via Google Chrome. Yesterday I had the same problem as you watching via Internet Explorer (worked perfectly fine last season) and I felt sea sick at the end of first half only drinking te

The EFL have announced the plans for streams of rounds 2, 3 and 4 - again this is available in the UK only and varies depending on whether a Premier League club is involved in the tie:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/september/carabao-cup-matches-available-to-watch-live/

Round 2...

• Bristol City vs Northampton Town - Robins TV

Should we progress through to Round 3...

20 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The EFL have announced the plans for streams of rounds 2, 3 and 4 - again this is available in the UK only and varies depending on whether a Premier League club is involved in the tie:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/september/carabao-cup-matches-available-to-watch-live/

Round 2...

• Bristol City vs Northampton Town - Robins TV

Should we progress through to Round 3...

Yep, saw that news....still gotta pay £10 though.  I will.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

I dont see anything that would suggest its not. Only games that are broadcast on sky etc, wont be on there.

45 minutes ago, Selred said:

Correct. Lisa Knights mentioned it on Saturday, only league games for those watching overseas.

Except that a few people reportedly were able to watch the Exeter game on RobinsTV, from abroad, without paying extra. I think officially it's a UK only thing for cup games - but who knows.

As an aside, I'm still pushing the club to explain to me the contractual basis for the 27% rise in the cost of an annual subscription. 

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and I think the club will say, 'an almost 100% drop in revenue'.

No. They've said it's the EFL that fix the price. Basically RobinsTV can't be cheaper than iFollow. 

Ok, but, having read the Ts&Cs of RobinsTV I can't see the clause that says "if the EFL impose a price rise then we can pass that on to you immediately". Nor can I see the part that says "we can inform you of changes to this contract by updating the club website and tweeting a link". I know a little about contract law and I'd just like the reassurance that the club know what they're doing. I mean surelythey know the terms of their own contract and read them through before hoping the price by 27%. Surely?

Maybe it is a waste of my time but I'd just like the club to tell me which parts of my contract with the club are being used to make a 27% price rise.

49 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

No. They've said it's the EFL that fix the price. Basically RobinsTV can't be cheaper than iFollow. 

Ok, but, having read the Ts&Cs of RobinsTV I can't see the clause that says "if the EFL impose a price rise then we can pass that on to you immediately". Nor can I see the part that says "we can inform you of changes to this contract by updating the club website and tweeting a link". I know a little about contract law and I'd just like the reassurance that the club know what they're doing. I mean surelythey know the terms of their own contract and read them through before hoping the price by 27%. Surely?

Maybe it is a waste of my time but I'd just like the club to tell me which parts of my contract with the club are being used to make a 27% price rise.

Might be easier to highlight the bits that say they can't do that.

It will likely be easier when you speak to someone who doesn't have your knowledge of contract law to fall back on.

On 12/09/2020 at 16:04, Selred said:

I'm the opposite, the audio seems about 2 seconds faster than the picture. 

Think you may have been right, probably got it confused. Had to mute sound in the end, even after I rebooted mac and got it to work on Chrome. If this happens again I'll be ****** pissed off.

Charging us a tenner for something so amateurish is not a good look. Pretty sure in the second half the director missed a goal scoring opportunity when they decided to enact a replay about 40 seconds after the incident happened right in the middle of the free kick being taken!!!

29 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Think you may have been right, probably got it confused. Had to mute sound in the end, even after I rebooted mac and got it to work on Chrome. If this happens again I'll be ****** pissed off.

Charging us a tenner for something so amateurish is not a good look. Pretty sure in the second half the director missed a goal scoring opportunity when they decided to enact a replay about 40 seconds after the incident happened right in the middle of the free kick being taken!!!

I've bought a cheap radio off amazon and hooked it up to my pc's microphone input. A bit of trial and error in vlc with the delay (about 45 seconds) & the radio bristol commentary got sync'd really well. I know its not for everybody but it beats having the official commentary ahead of the picture.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've bought a cheap radio off amazon and hooked it up to my pc's microphone input. A bit of trial and error in vlc with the delay (about 45 seconds) & the radio bristol commentary got sync'd really well. I know its not for everybody but it beats having the official commentary ahead of the picture.

Might have to try this. Have an old portable dab radio with pause/record function with a line out. Just a big ball ache tbh, surely they cant **** things up again. Like I said, was fine for the tail end of last season!!

I don’t expect to be watching tonight, as usual there is no proper service from the club! Selecting Packages on the Bristol sport site does not give any option for watching tonight’s game, Stoke stream, annual passes and audio only £2.50 offered for tonight! 
Spent an hour on hold to support only to be given the wrong email address for streamamg.com so no help there at all.

have reset ALL my devices but still not achieved anything

When is OUR club going to start showing all its supporters and fans the respect they deserve?

(they have still not refunded prepaid parking from last season or responded to any emails)

Archived