IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

59 minutes ago, Desso said:

Yes,I am. I wondered if I had to do something to my phone, but the websites say just connect up.

Do you have any other devices connected via hdmi to your tv, eg. DVD, sky box etc?

Sometimes a tv cannot perform the HDCP handshake to the other device.  It’s rare these days but some older TVs weren’t compliant.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you have any other devices connected via hdmi to your tv, eg. DVD, sky box etc?

Sometimes a tv cannot perform the HDCP handshake to the other device.  It’s rare these days but some older TVs weren’t compliant.

Yes, sky box and the tv is about 8 years old.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mmmm, should be fine then!  Unless the Galaxy S8 is the issue.  For info I used my iPad Pro with usb-c to hdmi post-covid and it worked fine.

Dodgy cable is my only other thought.

Thanks for trying to help Dave. It's not the end of the world, just very annoying.

3 hours ago, dave36 said:

As usual there is no response from the club over RTV problems I eventually managed to book the game but was unable to watch on any of my devices, logging in was not a problem it was all with the site! 
what can we do? Not a bloody clue, no support, no replies to email. The club just don’t care!

I have emailed the club and robins tv, provided screenshots of the problems and the error messages but as usual no interest at all - all that matters is that they have my money!

Are you the guy with Truespeed who was only able to book the game after you had turned your VPN on and set it to London?

Other Truespeed users have reported having problems watching iPlayer, are you one of them? Where does https://whatsmyip.com/ say you are when you have your VPN off?

2 hours ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

Are you the guy with Truespeed who was only able to book the game after you had turned your VPN on and set it to London?

Other Truespeed users have reported having problems watching iPlayer, are you one of them? Where does https://whatsmyip.com/ say you are when you have your VPN off?

No, not me but I'm OK now. Problem solved.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

It was always misaligned. 

The pitch didn't move that far over.

Yeah, because that end has always had such massive followings in over the years 

It was a home end for all of my ST holding years ?

Seem very defensive of it, was just pointing out I'd never really noticed it before. I've not been a regular at AG since my teenage/early 20 years due to playing so don't see it that often!

19 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Any techies out there explain the time lag ? Need to sus out how to mirror it from IPad onto my Panasonic tv but in all fairness the definition was good on iPad and I suspect lose that when mirroring ? 

I used Smart View on my phone to cast it to television - wasn't as good quality as watching it on my phone and stuttered a bit, not sure if that's due to television (although brand new!) or connection...

15 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

I used Smart View on my phone to cast it to television - wasn't as good quality as watching it on my phone and stuttered a bit, not sure if that's due to television (although brand new!) or connection...

It will be the connection, you'll always lose a little quality casting, it just depends what picture quality you're accepting of.

17 hours ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

Checked with truespeed and my ip is dynamic but has not changed, but was not able to get the Northampton video option on Robins tv menu, which points to Streamamg not recognising my IP as uk - I am waiting for Streamamg to get back to me - still! I suspect the problem could be at the city end, Truespeed are using the old IPv4 and I suspect the problem is with IPv6 connectivity. I don’t think it has anything to do with iOS as I attempted connection with laptop and pc as well, all with the same result.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good stuff....how did you get it working?

I have a computer whizz near me so I asked him to have a quick look. My "C" connector works fine one way up but intermittently  the other way. Also, we swapped to a higher output adapter, opened mirroring and lo and behold, it worked. Don't know which was the problem, could have been all three, but good now. Watching the games on a phone wasn't ideal.

14 minutes ago, Desso said:

I have a computer whizz near me so I asked him to have a quick look. My "C" connector works fine one way up but intermittently  the other way. Also, we swapped to a higher output adapter, opened mirroring and lo and behold, it worked. Don't know which was the problem, could have been all three, but good now. Watching the games on a phone wasn't ideal.

??????

Anyone know please if there is a cut-off point for purchasing the stream? 
I am hoping to be able to make Sunday’s 2pm kick off but not 100%. 
What’s the latest point I can make the purchase - does this need to be hours before or will I be ok buying at 1:45pm, for example. 

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

What’s the latest point I can make the purchase - does this need to be hours before or will I be ok buying at 1:45pm, for example. 

Pretty sure you could log on in the 89th minute and they'd happily take your £10.

1 minute ago, Maldini said:

Not worth a new thread, but I think Downsy did pretty well in the for Lisa Knight on Wednesday. The bloke gets a lot of stick but I thought his chat with the Tinman flowed nicely. 

Yeh, it is an improved offering this season. It's better for the build being only half an hour instead of the hour they had at the end of last season. Commentary is better with the likes of Probert and Tinnion being on (probably the only upside of the Kalas injury is it means we are likely to get another commentary appearance from him soon). COD was excellent for the Coventry game and I think Gilmartin will do a very good job on Sunday. Downsy and Knights are ok really. Once fans are back in stadia and those two will presumably return to their main roles then I'd hope we find a dedicated TV presenter - but for the moment I am glad we've kept Downsy employed by giving him this role.

It's still not perfect but it's better than last season.

Anyone not had their refund yet? I read the statement and it said refunds would be processed on the 7th and take five working days. I've had no notification of payment as yet. Apologies if this is the wrong topic but, I can't purchase a TV package if I have no money.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Rich said:

Anyone not had their refund yet? I read the statement and it said refunds would be processed on the 7th and take five working days. I've had no notification of payment as yet. Apologies if this is the wrong topic but, I can't purchase a TV package if I have no money.

How did you buy your season ticket? 

Payment in full or by direct debit 

QQ Please.

How is Robins TV setup with regards to paying the £10 for a game, then giving someone else your account details.

Disclaimer :D - I have no intentions to do so, just wondered how it gets blocked?

IP address?

It only allows one login to your account?

You're going to tell me that they have not thought about this and someone has already made 10 grand by selling their login details for a fiver :laugh:

49 minutes ago, Sniper said:

QQ Please.

How is Robins TV setup with regards to paying the £10 for a game, then giving someone else your account details.

Disclaimer :D - I have no intentions to do so, just wondered how it gets blocked?

IP address?

It only allows one login to your account?

You're going to tell me that they have not thought about this and someone has already made 10 grand by selling their login details for a fiver :laugh:

You can have two people logged in to the same account on different devices...and both watch it.

My dad is using my login, and going halves on the cost.

I was gonna go down the £140 VPN option, but that’s far too much hassle to set up with dad.

16 hours ago, Harry said:

Well considering they sold me a Coventry pass on the Tuesday after the game I think you'll be fine.  Emailed them for a refund but no reply.  

Screenshot_20200919-104534_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You can have two people logged in to the same account on different devices...and both watch it.

My dad is using my login, and going halves on the cost.

I was gonna go down the £140 VPN option, but that’s far too much hassle to set up with dad.

Thanks Dave. Wasn't aware of that, what about 3 people then :laugh:

Archived