IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to play Robins tv via iPad onto your tv?

I tried to this afternoon but couldn’t see a way of doing it. 

What ipad have you got?

One with a lightning connector or one with usb-c?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

6th generation if that means anything to you.....:dunno:

You need a lightning to hdmi cable - that goes from lightning port on your iPad straight into hdmi port on tv.

Or a lightning to hdmi adaptor - that allows you to use an existing hdmi cable.

I had one when I had my old iPad, and it was ok, but it was just a bit juddery on occasions.  You could probably pick up one for a tenner on Amazon....and give it a go.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You need a lightning to hdmi cable - that goes from lightning port on your iPad straight into hdmi port on tv.

Or a lightning to hdmi adaptor - that allows you to use an existing hdmi cable.

I had one when I had my old iPad, and it was ok, but it was just a bit juddery on occasions.  You could probably pick up one for a tenner on Amazon....and give it a go.

The only port I can find is top right. I guess that must be it?

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The only port I can find is top right. I guess that must be it?

Nah, that’s your headphone Jack....the round one?

Lightning port is the one you charge it with.

Something like this.

915ECD35-40AB-47F8-AB2C-58B8F91A88E8.thumb.jpeg.fd8d2eaa3bee91436c273bcf6c40a4f8.jpeg

As you look at the picture.

1st but plugs into tv

2nd plugs into your power (can use you iphone power brick)

3rd one plugs into iPad.

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Got a smart TV? (Pretty much any TV bought in last 5 years)

Find the Internet browser app and just login as normal as if on phone etc

Et voila 

Yep got one of them, do I purchase the game via the website then?  I thought I could do on app but I can’t see where to do this, I went for Robins TV but no option, maybe it only shows on the day?

19 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Got a laptop and a hdmi cable? Just order the game on web browser on laptop, wire it up to tv using hdmi cable and the picture will come through on tv. That's what I fo every time. Works a treat!

Is what we do, just pull the cable out the virgin box and stick it in the laptop. 

25 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Got a laptop and a hdmi cable? Just order the game on web browser on laptop, wire it up to tv using hdmi cable and the picture will come through on tv. That's what I fo every time. Works a treat!

Do you not find it to be a little laggy and the picture not crisp? I've been logging into Robins TV from a browser on an Xbox and that works perfectly.  

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Do you not find it to be a little laggy and the picture not crisp? I've been logging into Robins TV from a browser on an Xbox and that works perfectly.  

Not really no. Had one or two issues with the picture, but that is down to my internet rather than anything else I think. Doing notice any issues with viewing on the tv screen really, pretty much the same picture that you get on the small screen.

33 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Not really no. Had one or two issues with the picture, but that is down to my internet rather than anything else I think. Doing notice any issues with viewing on the tv screen really, pretty much the same picture that you get on the small screen.

I think it’s broadcast in 720p so not gonna look perfect on a 4k tv...even with a decent upscaler.  It’s decent enough though.

Just to add (in case it's been missed earlier), you can watch it through your Xbox browser (presumably PS4 as well but don't have one - amazed if you couldn't though).

Just go onto the website, log in, and you're set. The only limitations are going to be your broadband speed, and if the camera angles are a bit naff.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s broadcast in 720p so not gonna look perfect on a 4k tv...even with a decent upscaler.  It’s decent enough though.

The resolution is ok.  It's the camera work and commentary that's a bit iffy.  Can't grumble too much for a tenner though, can we.

I've used the TV browser and the laptop plugged into the TV HDMI.  Both work fine.  The laptop always works best with Google Chrome and at least it saves my login details, so I don't have to look them up.

Would obviously prefer to be at the gate properly supporting the team, but 3 of us watch together and are saving a lot on our season cards.  Hopefully, a vaccine is not to far off and we can go back to packing the gate though, but I'm not banking on it.

4 hours ago, Taz said:

Just to add (in case it's been missed earlier), you can watch it through your Xbox browser (presumably PS4 as well but don't have one - amazed if you couldn't though).

Just go onto the website, log in, and you're set. The only limitations are going to be your broadband speed, and if the camera angles are a bit naff.

Can confirm have had no issues through PS4

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The resolution is ok.  It's the camera work and commentary that's a bit iffy.  Can't grumble too much for a tenner though, can we.

The Forest game was annoying that the tv producer spent too long on the camera following players or replays than concentrating on the actual action going on.

I've used the TV browser and the laptop plugged into the TV HDMI.  Both work fine.  The laptop always works best with Google Chrome and at least it saves my login details, so I don't have to look them up.

my tv browser (Samsung Q series) seems to remember my login, I just usually have to refresh the browser.  I always watch on on tv browser, laptop on BBC Chsmpionship page for other scores, iPad on Twitter and phone on text (so my dad can tell me what I’ve just seen with my own eyes ???)

Would obviously prefer to be at the gate properly supporting the team, but 3 of us watch together and are saving a lot on our season cards.  Hopefully, a vaccine is not to far off and we can go back to packing the gate though, but I'm not banking on it.

as you can watch on two devices, my dad is using my login, so in effect it’s £5 each, less season ticket refund.  As you say, it’s not the same as being there, but it’s as good a substitute as we can get.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

I know no-one is interested but I am continuing my effort to try and get the club to answer me regarding their useless and incorrect approach to the price increase for overseas annual subscriptions. After six weeks of emails to @JerrySLO, Dave Barton, supporter services and the email address specified in the RobinsTV terms and conditions I have today sent a letter to Ashton and Lansdown setting out exactly which parts of their own contract the club are willfully ignoring, and asking for a response.

Doubt I'll get anything but if any other overseas subscribers want to see that letter - feel free to DM me.

Archived