IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

I recall some people having the account message ‘the user does not have sufficient entitlements’. Interested to know how you resolved this. 
Never had a problem before, but just ordered the video pass for tomorrow for my father. While the £10 was taken from my credit card, it is not showing in the ‘my account’ section and no confirmation email was received (unlike previous occasions) - and I have noticed the above message on the home page which I suspect is the problem. I have emailed supporter services but just interested how anyone else managed to resolve. 

i just purchased the game on robins TV and the paypal screen tried selling me a credit card which i didnt want, i cancelled and paid on robins tv via my debit card but have now been charged twice. has anyone had similar experience and is refund automatic or do i need to chase for this back?

Edit ignore i mailed the help number who have advised they will refund, first thread ive created in ages and good service ruined my moan.

Mods please can you delete?

Yes I’ve had problems for the Boro match (the first time I’ve had an issue). I ordered last night - the order was not successful (no email confirmation and not showing on account) but they still seem to have taken £10 from my credit card (initially my card account was showing two £10 deductions but one has now disappeared).

I have ordered successfully today and paid £10. I am in email correspondence re a refund for the payment taken in error yesterday. Let’s just say it is taking quite a few emails but hopefully we’ll get there eventually! 

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

Anyone else had problems with bcfc tv tonight, picture freezing, had enough, switched to red button, 

Yup. Stream froze and logged me out! Had to log back on to get back up and running. Once back in it was fine. Was watching on Firefox on a Firestick tonight. 

I had major problems last night and last Saturday.

Like many I have been using a Firestick (4kHD) and Firefox browser, and had no big issues before.

Bristol Sport have advised that the service does not support Firesticks, and must assume that this applies to other streaming devices and probably Smart TV's.

They recommend using a laptop or hand held device with the Chrome browser and said that they also support the Edge browser. They advised that if you ever experience an issue the first step they recommend is to switch your browser.

I hope this helps others who have experienced difficulties!

I had problems with bcfctv last night, (freezing picture), phoned supporter Services this morning after emailing them last night, told me to contact bristol city tv support, no joy there, don't want to know anything, not even a refund, just letting supporters, not worth complaining as it will not get you anywhere, 

3 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

I had problems with bcfctv last night, (freezing picture), phoned supporter Services this morning after emailing them last night, told me to contact bristol city tv support, no joy there, don't want to know anything, not even a refund, just letting supporters, not worth complaining as it will not get you anywhere, 

As a matter of interest, what browser were you using?

• Admin
42 minutes ago, Redmudundermyfeet said:

I had major problems last night and last Saturday.

Like many I have been using a Firestick (4kHD) and Firefox browser, and had no big issues before.

Bristol Sport have advised that the service does not support Firesticks, and must assume that this applies to other streaming devices and probably Smart TV's.

They recommend using a laptop or hand held device with the Chrome browser and said that they also support the Edge browser. They advised that if you ever experience an issue the first step they recommend is to switch your browser.

I hope this helps others who have experienced difficulties!

That's me out then.

Didn't have any issues last season or up to last week.. . 

iPad here ...... and it was friggin useless.

No doubt, little point complaining to Bristol Sport (as, indeed, seems proven from the posting above).They must know issues are being experienced by users. Good customer care would be to contact people and provide credits. They won’t - to a degree understandable because it’s tough times for the Club but it’s tough times for the customer too. 

So for me, that’s it with BCTV/Robins TV whatever it’s called. Off to Sky Sports for £18 on a monthly renewal, despite me wanting to support the Club directly and hating Sky. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

That's me out then.

Didn't have any issues last season or up to last week.. . 

Nor me....been perfect until Barnsley (using Samsung TV browser).  I was red button last night in fairness but the last two games have seen universal criticism.

I've forwarded all the Robins TV queries received regarding all games especially Barnsley to my more technical IT colleagues.  I'm aware that they checked everything at the stadium and everything is in order.  We've asked Streamamg our provider to look into what's been happening and update us on what they find.  Any supporter wishing to contact them directly can do on bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com please copy me in on any emails sent slo@bcfc.co.uk as I really like to be aware of the replies received from them.

Technical issues are something I'd love to be more help with but I'm afraid it's something I have very little knowledge on.

6 minutes ago, JerrySLO said:

I've forwarded all the Robins TV queries received regarding all games especially Barnsley to my more technical IT colleagues.  I'm aware that they checked everything at the stadium and everything is in order.  We've asked Streamamg our provider to look into what's been happening and update us on what they find.  Any supporter wishing to contact them directly can do on bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com please copy me in on any emails sent slo@bcfc.co.uk as I really like to be aware of the replies received from them.

Technical issues are something I'd love to be more help with but I'm afraid it's something I have very little knowledge on.

Thanks for the update.

I think there were a number of us that experienced issues for the first time against Barnsley, which is strange.  Unless of course Streamamg have made some changes / update / upgrade.

I had 8-10 moments where it froze and I refreshed screen and 10-15 seconds later it was fine.

There was an onscreen message (I wasn’t quick enough to catch it) but it said something like “database corrupt” or “database not available” suggesting some issues at their end.  Whilst I scrabbled around trying to fire up my laptop to try and get it working on there, I refreshed browser and it starting working again.  Others appeared to lose the stream totally at that point.

On 21/10/2020 at 22:06, Davefevs said:

Nor me....been perfect until Barnsley (using Samsung TV browser).  I was red button last night in fairness but the last two games have seen universal criticism.

I watched Boro on the red button but had no problems at all with the Barnsley game. No freezing or buffering. I was watching using chrome on a laptop.

17 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I watched Boro on the red button but had no problems at all with the Barnsley game. No freezing or buffering. I was watching using chrome on a laptop.

This.

I think people are experiencing problems with robins tv either because their broadband is crap or they are using the wrong web browser. Google chrome is the best bet. 

Just now, RedEyez said:

This.

I think people are experiencing problems with robins tv either because their broadband is crap or they are using the wrong web browser. Google chrome is the best bet. 

If you are on a pc / laptop / Mac, then totally.  But my dad had issues on the app last week having had no probs.  There was definitely an issue last week.

Ill start off on TV Web Browser with Mac / Chrome ready as back up....then app if either of those have probs.  I can connect ipad to tv via hdmi if need be.

Archived