IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Got to say it was perfect again today. Watching via chrome on a laptop with BT as my broadband provider.

I'm using the same set up, BT, Chrome, laptop...today it froze once - logged out and back in and it was fine. Nothing like as bad as the Barnsley match.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

I got kicked out the stream about 30 seconds in to 7 minutes of injury time and then the message 'the user is not signed in' when I tried to reconnect.

It's like going to the cinema and the film ending before the conclusion.

We won 3-1.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Got to say it was perfect again today. Watching via chrome on a laptop with BT as my broadband provider.

Yep perfect stream for me today too. I can only assume these people moaning about Robins TV freezing either have cr@p broadband or are unnecessarily using VPN once the stream has started.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yep perfect stream for me today too. I can only assume these people moaning about Robins TV freezing either have cr@p broadband or are unnecessarily using VPN once the stream has started.

No not the case.  Freezing multiple times for me and I have very fast, very stable broadband that has no problems at all with everything else I use. Don’t use VPNs.

Wasn’t a problem earlier in the season for me or for someone else I know also having problems today.

1 minute ago, YorksRed said:

No not the case.  Freezing multiple times for me and I have very fast, very stable broadband that has no problems at all with everything else I use. Don’t use VPNs.

Wasn’t a problem earlier in the season for me or for someone else I know also having problems today.

and your watching on a Windows 10 PC/laptop using Chrome?

20 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Don't think it's my bandwidth pal:482902464_Screenshot_20201024-1819422.thumb.png.4d65596e1eba24678757b2212ed16448.png

No VPN connection either. 

Living in Norway I've had an online season ticket for the past 3 years. First year there were teething problems, but since then the service has been pretty stable with the odd blip here and there. 

This season started off fine as well, but the last three games have been almost unwatchable with freezes every 5/10 minutes, including being chucked out of the service all togehter. 

1 minute ago, YorksRed said:

What browser do you use and what’s your set up? VPN’s don’t affect it at all as I always have mine on on my laptop (set to London for our games though) and my streams have always run perfectly. I use Firefox and a wired connection, though it’s worked perfectly the few times I’ve gone wireless. 

Just now, old_eastender said:

Weird, literally did not freeze once for me today, and I've only got 50mb broadband. I do use a wired connection rather than wireless but otherwise ordinary quite old laptop with Win 10 and Chrome.

Yes, doesn’t make sense.  I moved on to the iPad as the (pretty new and decent) laptop was freezing so much initially.

I think there must be a wider issue as the other person I know having issues was using a Smart TV and again hadn’t had problems before, although why some people are ok and others aren’t is strange!

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I got kicked out the stream about 30 seconds in to 7 minutes of injury time and then the message 'the user is not signed in' when I tried to reconnect.

It's like going to the cinema and the film ending before the conclusion.

I had the same about 30mins into the second half.  Turned out, I had to log off to stop the "user is not signed in" message. ?

5 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I had the same about 30mins into the second half.  Turned out, I had to log off to stop the "user is not signed in" message. ?

Yep, same here. Great UX that! 

Supported City's decision not to join iFollow when streaming was first introduced but must admit that I'm having my doubts that Stream AMG are able to provide a suitable replacement service. 

52 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

and your watching on a Windows 10 PC/laptop using Chrome?

Is there a specific set up that must be used to watch robins TV?

I use an iPad and an iPhone on my BT broadband both of which have had problems today.

I genuinely can’t recall any other service buffering at all on my broadband at any time.

6 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Is there a specific set up that must be used to watch robins TV?

I use an iPad and an iPhone on my BT broadband both of which have had problems today.

I genuinely can’t recall any other service buffering at all on my broadband at any time.

Did you watch via the app? I’ve had no issues with the app. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Weird, literally did not freeze once for me today, and I've only got 50mb broadband. I do use a wired connection rather than wireless but otherwise ordinary quite old laptop with Win 10 and Chrome.

16 meg broadband and no issues on pc, hdmi to tv on chrome , win 10

12 minutes ago, ThOmO said:

16 meg broadband and no issues on pc, hdmi to tv on chrome , win 10

My issue is that the setup that I have been using for the past two years, largely without issue, has suddenly started to experience problems. If I had had problems all the time using the Smart TV browser then I would put it down to an incompatability issue and a non-supported device.

The feedback from the support team is to use the iPad app as Smart TV is not officially supported. That is fine, but when I then experience the exact same instability issues with the app then it points to an unstable service.

Will try the HDMI to TV route on Wednesday against Bournemouth.

14 minutes ago, terpin said:

My issue is that the setup that I have been using for the past two years, largely without issue, has suddenly started to experience problems. If I had had problems all the time using the Smart TV browser then I would put it down to an incompatability issue and a non-supported device.

The feedback from the support team is to use the iPad app as Smart TV is not officially supported. That is fine, but when I then experience the exact same instability issues with the app then it points to an unstable service.

Will try the HDMI to TV route on Wednesday against Bournemouth.

Me too.  Had 6 freezes today, 3 in each half.  I refresh TV browser, and lose 5-10 seconds of action each time.  Never had probs until Barnsley.  Might go IPad Pro to HDMI on Wednesday....but I’d like to know why it’s started doing this.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.  Had 6 freezes today, 3 in each half.  I refresh TV browser, and lose 5-10 seconds of action each time.  Never had probs until Barnsley.  Might go IPad Pro to HDMI on Wednesday....but I’d like to know why it’s started doing this.

I think the problem is streaming live like this is full of so many variables on both their and your end. Like I use NOW TV to watch the Nations League games through the app on my BT TV box, it’s usually great but for the last two England games it froze and buffered every 5 seconds. Switched to to the NOW TV app on my Xbox 1. . . No issues. The app on BT just isn’t as well maintained and done as the Xbox one. 

Same issue here, especially if you’re on a “non-supported” browser or device. I’m pretty sure they changed the way they stream these games (the quality seems a lot better than pre-COVID) so it could just be too much for the device app you’re using . I’d recommend, if you can of course, going with Firefox on your laptop and HDMI-ing that to your TV (wired connection best if available), I’ve had zero issues across Robins TV with that pre and post COVID. 

23 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I have a theory but would be interested in other people's setups...

If you experienced problems today, do you see your connection as supporting IPv6 in the "IPv6 connectivity" section here: https://ipv6-test.com/?

Yes, got a score of 18/20 on iPad

16/20 on tv Browser

18/20 on iphone

18/20 on Mac 

I had the same problems as everyone else for Barnsley and Middlesbrough, Stream AMG have totally ignored my emails, I like many others feel that I have been robbed of £20 quid!

Today I remembered someome saying their Firestick worked well with firefox, I did a little digging and tried Amazon silk, which is said to be a cut down version of Firefox - worked brilliant other than a brief buffering issue (200mbps)?  Well happy, first time I have been able to watch what I paid for without issues.

My conclusion it’s the app that causes the problems! Stream AMG are they not a bunch of university students trying to get rich!

Couldn't get in for first 12 minutes of Saturday's match - it said I hadn't logged in but my name appeared at the top of the screen so I obviously had   

Also froze several times during the match - not very good service at all for £10.

I have seen most of other matches at end of last season and this season without issues though so nothing to do with my configuration ( on PC using Edge and BT Broadband).

Archived