IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Mine says IPV6 not supported @View from the Dolman with a score of 4/20

Hmm well maybe that blows my thoughts somewhat out of the water.

I was monitoring things in Chrome Dev Tools to see what was causing the issues and noticed that my problems seemed to occurred when the stream switched from being delivered at various points from IPv4 to IPv6. When the move from IPv4 to IPv6 happened, my browser was making the requests for the next chunk of the stream but was getting 403 Forbidden (almost as if I'm IPv6 IP address hadn't been authorised?)

Disabling IPv6 at half-time on my Windows PC, gave me an uninterrupted second half... maybe that was just good fortune?

If your setup/ISP doesn't support IPv6 then that slightly destroys my case - my theory would need everybody to be experiencing these regular freezes that seem to require a refresh was using a device and ISP that supported IPv6.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Hmm well maybe that blows my thoughts somewhat out of the water.

I was monitoring things in Chrome Dev Tools to see what was causing the issues and noticed that my problems seemed to occurred when the stream switched from being delivered at various points from IPv4 to IPv6. When the move from IPv4 to IPv6 happened, my browser was making the requests for the next chunk of the stream but was getting 403 Forbidden (almost as if I'm IPv6 IP address hadn't been authorised?)

Disabling IPv6 at half-time on my Windows PC, gave me an uninterrupted second half... maybe that was just good fortune?

If your setup/ISP doesn't support IPv6 then that slightly destroys my case - my theory would need everybody to be experiencing these regular freezes that seem to require a refresh was using a device and ISP that supported IPv6.

I have a plan.

I usually let my dad have my login so we can both watch.  But he can use red button on Wednesday and I’ll set up Mac (chrome) and iPad app side by side and see what happens.  Will be interesting to see if they freeze at the same time?

In fact I might do it Saturday, as we get a free voucher as it’s on Sky.

I came across the issues of IPV4 and 6 some time ago.  
Both my current provider and my old one said that it should not be an issue.  IPV6 is being rolled out now due to a potential shortage of IPV4 capacity and quite a few providers have not even implemented IPV6 as yet! 
This being the case any stream supplier who restricts connectivity to IPV6 is acting irresponsibly, as the vast majority of devices in the public domain are not IPV6 compatible.

This is probably why stream AMG have failed to rectify the problems and are ignoring requests for refunds!

Amateurs!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interested in @View from the Dolman’s further thoughts on this.

I’m gonna reset my router ahead of Wednesday.  I prefer £10 broadcast from Robinstv to red button.

I'd prefer it more if the audio wasn't still slightly ahead of the video :) Hear the kick, see the kick. I chose to (mostly) watch last Tuesday's game on the Red Button because of this.

Just received my season ticket voucher for the Norwich game by email so look out for these. Loaded fine on my Robins TV account (you get a message on screen saying ‘success’ and it also appears in the ‘my account’ tab so you know it has worked). 

Quick enough to slate the service when there are problems, so just wanted to add that yesterday the stream worked without issue throughout. This was using the exact same setup as previous weeks when I've experiencd problems (watching on Smart TV). Long may it continue!

2 hours ago, thatcham red said:

Same here. Has been pretty awful with buffering up until last night, when it worked fine. Maybe some improvements behind the scenes have gone on.

I think they have too.  StreamAMG must’ve made a few refunds and thought “mmm, lots of issues”.

I can accept the odd freeze etc, as our own broadband systems are flawless....but the past couple of games was definitely an issue at their end!

Fingers crossed it’s sorted now.

Got used to it now, and actually enjoy it when at first found it so soulless. It still bugs me that it is  perhaps 30 seconds behind real time. Bet365 inform me of a goal before I see it. 
I wonder how many match day passes are bought for normal home games, or away.  As they are now refunding me my season ticket for each match  pro rata it makes to put something back into the pot. 

No buffering for Bournemouth match ?

Am out lunchtime today .... am I right in saying can't watch match on Robins TV with delayed start??

Don't have Sky so won't be able to record and watch later ...do have access to Sky Go so is match repeated on there?? Might try to watch it as if live if manage to avoid seeing score (and keep away from OTIB!)

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

No buffering for Bournemouth match ?

Am out lunchtime today .... am I right in saying can't watch match on Robins TV with delayed start??

Don't have Sky so won't be able to record and watch later ...do have access to Sky Go so is match repeated on there?? Might try to watch it as if live if manage to avoid seeing score (and keep away from OTIB!)

Correct, Robins TV is just live

Highlights here

Screenshot_20201031-080408_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080417_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080424_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080443_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080455_Sky+.jpg

I like many others complained about the glitches in the Barnsley and Middlesbrough streams, until today no reply from StreamAMG and you can guess their response, this despite them having refunded others!

paste begins: “However, this match wasn't a game in which we've noted any consistent issues over the course of the 90 minutes. I've taken a look back over our reports and notes from the game and we've not noted down any issues, nor did we receive any consistent complaints from other viewers.

The Club's terms and conditions relating to streaming are available to view via the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund for this service. I am sorry that your viewing experience was less than satisfactory.”paste ends

4 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I like many others complained about the glitches in the Barnsley and Middlesbrough streams, until today no reply from StreamAMG and you can guess their response, this despite them having refunded others!

paste begins: “However, this match wasn't a game in which we've noted any consistent issues over the course of the 90 minutes. I've taken a look back over our reports and notes from the game and we've not noted down any issues, nor did we receive any consistent complaints from other viewers.

The Club's terms and conditions relating to streaming are available to view via the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund for this service. I am sorry that your viewing experience was less than satisfactory.”paste ends

They have had multiple reports, and Jerry has also mentioned it to various 'powers' as well.

So I would challenge that reply, even providing a link to this thread if necessary.

Granted, they never acknowledged a technical fault at their end, but they never denied having one either.

(I am one of the refunded)

I noticed that the Cardiff game isn’t available on Robins TV because it’s being shown on Sky.  I’m abroad and paid £110 for a season pass which I assume was for all 46 games.  Also was able to watch the Norwich game  on RTV, which due the early kick off, I assume was also shown on Sky.  So what’s the difference?

Archived