IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

They don’t show in the planner but if you click ‘select’ on the game that’s on at the same time as the game you’d like to watch (if it’s on), you can record them! Have been able to since at least last season.

Yes....apart from 1st red button game this season where you couldn’t record it.

10 minutes ago, daored said:

Is Q worth the upgrade ?

I honestly couldn’t tell you, I got it due to moving house & can’t remember what + was like or what the difference is. And I’m no techy so as long as I can watch my sport it’s good enough for me. 
I don’t think there was any extra cost to having it (if I remember correctly).

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Is Q worth the upgrade ?

They were doing a deal where you can get a sky Q upgrade for nothing which included the ultra had box and I paid and extra £8 a month for the mini box so we can everything in another room which I thought was well worth the money . Had it a month and really pleased with it . It is always worth paying a visit to a sky rep that you find in the mall ect and the red button is in HD 

As a general thing Sky Q is a good piece of kit.

In terms of watching football, firstly red button is hd rather than sd....although I’d question the whether it’s being “broadcast” at full hd.

Sky Q in ultra hd when we are the proper game is good, but obviously you need a 4k tv.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, daored said:

Is Q worth the upgrade ?

Personally I would say yes.

The ability to record 5 programmes and watching another is useful.

When there is live sports on, you can press the red button and have two sky sports channels on the same screen, this was really useful with the Euro qualifiers going to penalties at the same time. 

I'll ofter watch them live football and have F1 on the second screen (you scroll left or right to select which one you have sound on)

Netflix built in (which I've never had), I just bought an ultra HD TV too. Watching anything in SD now is really hard to do, I get bad eye strain. The difference between UHD and HD is very noticeable too.

I was curious about cancelling my subscription as Virgin has recently become available in my road.

Sky offered me a free Sky Q box (£99), Sky cinema (£18.50pcm), Netflix (£6pcm) and UHD (£4pcm) and gave me a £12pcm discount on previous price. 

Yes Sky isn't cheap, but I'm happy with my current package 

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yes Sky isn't cheap, but I'm happy with my current package 

Out of interest how much is it for Sky/Sports/Movies nowadays? I ditched it about 4yrs ago when I was paying about £80/m for the above with an extra box. Since the advent of Kodi and IPTV I figured I could have exactly the same, albeit maybe the football is a foreign broadcast with English commentary sometimes, for a much much more palatable price. Still going strong. 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Out of interest how much is it for Sky/Sports/Movies nowadays? I ditched it about 4yrs ago when I was paying about £80/m for the above with an extra box. Since the advent of Kodi and IPTV I figured I could have exactly the same, albeit maybe the football is a foreign broadcast with English commentary sometimes, for a much much more palatable price. Still going strong. 

I have 

Basic sky package sky Q ultra HD box 

sky sports

tv / broadband 

sky Q mini box 

telephone 

and it’s £74 a month 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I have 

Basic sky package sky Q ultra HD box 

sky sports

tv / broadband 

sky Q mini box 

telephone 

and it’s £74 a month 

I have sky Q

Sky signature package

Sky go extra

Sky movies 

Sky sports Complete pack

Sky sports HD

Ultra HD

See it first

Ultimate TV add on

Sky fibre broadband 

£60.50

Just now, pl00peh91 said:

Does anyone know if you can watch full games back the day after on Robins TV? I’m unavailable to watch the game tomorrow but would like to watch it back if possible.

No....a few of us have asked.  We’ve had different responses back from “sorry it takes too long to upload” to “we are looking into it”.

Someone on here mentioned some kind of video capture from computer....but I guess you’d need to be around to “press record”.

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

They were doing a deal where you can get a sky Q upgrade for nothing which included the ultra had box and I paid and extra £8 a month for the mini box so we can everything in another room which I thought was well worth the money . Had it a month and really pleased with it . It is always worth paying a visit to a sky rep that you find in the mall ect and the red button is in HD 

That was it, I have the extra box in my bedroom. I remember it wasn’t a lot extra if anything & I’ve never had a problem with it.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As a general thing Sky Q is a good piece of kit.

In terms of watching football, firstly red button is hd rather than sd....although I’d question the whether it’s being “broadcast” at full hd.

Sky Q in ultra hd when we are the proper game is good, but obviously you need a 4k tv.

why would you spend 4k on a tv?

On 11/12/2020 at 19:25, pl00peh91 said:

Does anyone know if you can watch full games back the day after on Robins TV? I’m unavailable to watch the game tomorrow but would like to watch it back if possible.

Best thing to do is set Sky to record the programme - you should be able.

I do this and watch it “live” I can then rewind anything I want which is really useful as Sky Red Button is only one camera with no replays. It’s a great idea I picked up from someone else!

I cannot think of a single time where I have wanted to watch one channel and record another five!

Actually I rarely record anything, I guess the novelty has worn off. If I miss anything it can almost all be found on demand or repeated soon enough. 

When do people find the time to watch all this tv anyway!

• Admin
23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I cannot think of a single time where I have wanted to watch one channel and record another five!

Actually I rarely record anything, I guess the novelty has worn off. If I miss anything it can almost all be found on demand or repeated soon enough. 

When do people find the time to watch all this tv anyway!

Sky are very clever in that their top programmes are shown at 9pm.

"Working" from home leaves lots of space to be filled 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Sky are very clever in that their top programmes are shown at 9pm.

"Working" from home leaves lots of space to be filled 

True. I guess at 9pm I’m usually winding down for bedtime as I start early, or am watching sport.

And yes having also not experienced the working from home/furlough thing maybe some people do watch tv all day. Personally if I am home I don’t tend to have the tv on during the day,unless it’s a weekend when sport is on, so I’m not in the habit of watching daytime tv and forget that people do. There is always something else to do. 

On 11/12/2020 at 17:42, daored said:

Is Q worth the upgrade ?

Yes as been mentioned by the above posters, you can record multiple channels at the same time. 
You are allowed up to 5 mini boxes but you can only use 2 at the same time, plus the main box. We’ve got 3 mini boxes (kitchen and 2 bedrooms) so sometimes you have to make sure one of the ones not being used is on standby. 
The good thing about the mini boxes is you only need the wires connected from the dish to the main box, that then sends a signal to the mini boxes to allow you watch them. So no main wires from the dish to mini boxes. 
However if you have an Xbox or Play Station you can use them and watch tv via Sky Go. And I don’t think you are restricted to how many to watch at the same time. 
You no longer need to threaten to leave Sky to get the better deals. Once your contract is up I call them and they go through all my savings I can make. And they do that based on what you’ve used in the past contract. 

Downside to multiple records is the planner gets full of recordings that the kids and the grandkids. 

Living over here, though I can’t get virgin so I can’t compare to what you get on there, but I’ve been with Sky since the 90’s and not had any issues. 

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Robins TV has been fairly reliable for me. Not saturday tho, must of lost the stream about 10 times!

For some reason I suddenly can't get through the Captcha check when logging on with my TV (previously never an issue)

So connected by a laptop, of course resolutions are different so there was a slight buffering delay, only solution I could work out was to not have picture in full screen

33 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Yes as been mentioned by the above posters, you can record multiple channels at the same time. 
You are allowed up to 5 mini boxes but you can only use 2 at the same time, plus the main box. We’ve got 3 mini boxes (kitchen and 2 bedrooms) so sometimes you have to make sure one of the ones not being used is on standby. 
The good thing about the mini boxes is you only need the wires connected from the dish to the main box, that then sends a signal to the mini boxes to allow you watch them. So no main wires from the dish to mini boxes. 
However if you have an Xbox or Play Station you can use them and watch tv via Sky Go. And I don’t think you are restricted to how many to watch at the same time. 
You no longer need to threaten to leave Sky to get the better deals. Once your contract is up I call them and they go through all my savings I can make. And they do that based on what you’ve used in the past contract. 

Downside to multiple records is the planner gets full of recordings that the kids and the grandkids. 

Living over here, though I can’t get virgin so I can’t compare to what you get on there, but I’ve been with Sky since the 90’s and not had any issues. 

We have Sky Q.  Have a mini box in kitchen and one upstairs connected to bedroom tv.  As daughters bedroom is next to ours I split the hdmi signal to her bedroom too.  We never watch tv at the same time, in fact we rarely use it ourselves, but useful when we do.  With the aid of IR over hdmi, she can also control the sky Q mini from her bedroom too.  Joe has sky go on his Xbox, so all of can watch what we want pretty much

45 minutes ago, phantom said:

For some reason I suddenly can't get through the Captcha check when logging on with my TV (previously never an issue)

So connected by a laptop, of course resolutions are different so there was a slight buffering delay, only solution I could work out was to not have picture in full screen

Poor service. They really need to sort it.

Archived