IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

What I don’t get with our own tv channel is why they don’t get all of the injured players involved with doing summarising at least? Walsh, Williams (who has done it) & Baker could of all done it. Weimann is doing it tonight so why haven’t the others done it as part of their media stuff? I could understand it if they had serious injuries & were unable to mobilise but surely they are all on their feet & getting about?

Maybe then we’d get a bit of feedback as to how their recoveries are going & may feel a bit more empathy for them if they explained what has actually happened for them to have relapsed?!?

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing not all footballers are as comfortable in front of a camera or on commentary?

Like I said, Williams did it when he first arrived & Weimann is doing it tonight.

I thought all the players were supposed to carry out media responsibilities?

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Like I said, Williams did it when he first arrived & Weimann is doing it tonight.

They do, but some do more than others.  Baker is very shy, so you get about one interview a year out of him.

Those players want to do it I guess. No point having players on who don’t want to or who would be rubbish at it.  Imagine Baker did it and was terrible, loads of fans then slagging him off for being rubbish at it.  

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They do, but some do more than others.  Baker is very shy, so you get about one interview a year out of him.

Unfortunate side of the job! They’ve done very little for the last 3 months or so & the least they could do while picking up their obscene wage is to appear on tv. They are technically talking to one person, it’s not like it’s an ‘Audience with Nathan Baker’ & hundreds of people are queuing to ask him questions & is why I suggested summariser rather than co-commentator so they only have to speak for a limited time.

The cynical part of me is starting to question Walsh’s injury situation & with his good mate in a similar position it does feel like a bit of a piss take to me. All feels a little convenient.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Those players want to do it I guess. No point having players on who don’t want to or who would be rubbish at it.  Imagine Baker did it and was terrible, loads of fans then slagging him off for being rubbish at it.  

As I said, media responsibilities are part of the job & as I’ve responded to Fevs above, I’m not expecting them to commentate or answer questions from fans but to actually see them doing something for their wage & to get something from them surely couldn’t do any harm?

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

As I said, media responsibilities are part of the job & as I’ve responded to Fevs above, I’m not expecting them to commentate or answer questions from fans but to actually see them doing something for their wage & to get something from them surely couldn’t do any harm?

Strange thing to care about if you ask me. You seem a bit jealous that you aren’t a footballer!

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Strange thing to care about if you ask me. You seem a bit jealous that you aren’t a footballer!

Really? I’m 48 years old & broken my back twice!! Yep, I really wish I was playing football!!

I’m just glad I can put my own clothes on & walk!!

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m jealous I’m not a footballer, but then again I wanted to be a football commentator too.  My Nan actually wrote to Jim’l fixit.  True story!

Bloody lucky escape that was. ???

your letter was only the start of it.....

That complaint to the BBC certainly started the ball rolling ???

• Admin

Unfortunate side of the job! They’ve done very little for the last 3 months or so & the least they could do while picking up their obscene wage is to appear on tv. They are technically talking to one person, it’s not like it’s an ‘Audience with Nathan Baker’ & hundreds of people are queuing to ask him questions & is why I suggested summariser rather than co-commentator so they only have to speak for a limited time.

The cynical part of me is starting to question Walsh’s injury situation & with his good mate in a similar position it does feel like a bit of a piss take to me. All feels a little convenient.

Being a guest summariser certainly wouldn't be part of their remit at the club

More likely the squad are asked who is interested in being part of it

Beckham once said he had no fears about playing in front of 80k people, but give him a microphone in a room of people and he hated it

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Being a guest summariser certainly wouldn't be part of their remit at the club

More likely the squad are asked who is interested in being part of it

Beckham once said he had no fears about playing in front of 80k people, but give him a microphone in a room of people and he hated it

But they wouldn’t be in a room full of people, that’s why I said I’m not expecting them to do ‘An audience with’!

They would be expected to do pre & post match interviews & being a summariser isn’t so much different, especially while injured & unable to play to earn their wage.

Weimann is on tonight despite the severity of his injury yet others aren’t seen or heard from! Just my opinion, I would of thought they could do a little more.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But they wouldn’t be in a room full of people, that’s why I said I’m not expecting them to do ‘An audience with’!

They would be expected to do pre & post match interviews & being a summariser isn’t so much different, especially while injured & unable to play to earn their wage.

Weimann is on tonight despite the severity of his injury yet others aren’t seen or heard from! Just my opinion, I would of thought they could do a little more.

Some are just good at football.  If Baker or whoever went on Robinstv and were awful, what use is that?

It never ceases to amaze me how some players can be so different to their on-pitch personas

Baker - hardman on pitch / very shy with fans

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Some are just good at football.  If Baker or whoever went on Robinstv and were awful, what use is that?

It never ceases to amaze me how some players can be so different to their on-pitch personas

Baker - hardman on pitch / very shy with fans

I’m not expecting them to be Ant & Dec or to get up & sing, I just think it wouldn’t hurt them to do a bit more, discuss how they think a game is going or how it’s gone, especially when injured.I’m talking about someone discussing what’s gone on in their chosen career while at their current employment, while sat next to one other person in a room.

I think I’ve heard Baker do one interview & that includes quotes in The Post, Walsh possibly similar. Williams has possibly done more in his short time of not playing for us than others.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Can you blame them for not wanting to go on and make excuses for performances like Saturday. Those guys are their colleagues and at some point they have to go back into the dressing room. 

Nothing wrong with giving Rotherham the credit they deserved for carrying out their game plan & saying we were beaten by the better team.How’s that upsetting anyone?

And in fairness if any of those players on Saturday thought that any criticism they received wasn’t worthy then they probably need to be less deluded! And maybe hearing it from someone else would help them instead of them believing they were just unlucky.

Nothing wrong with giving Rotherham the credit they deserved for carrying out their game plan & saying we were beaten by the better team.How’s that upsetting anyone?

And in fairness if any of those players on Saturday thought that any criticism they received wasn’t worthy then they probably need to be less deluded! And maybe hearing it from someone else would help them instead of them believing they were just unlucky.

Have you been at a works Christmas function today?

They are employed as footballers, nothing to do with being on a club TV channel

Remember to drink some water before you go to bed tonight

I’m not expecting them to be Ant & Dec or to get up & sing, I just think it wouldn’t hurt them to do a bit more, discuss how they think a game is going or how it’s gone, especially when injured.I’m talking about someone discussing what’s gone on in their chosen career while at their current employment, while sat next to one other person in a room.

I think I’ve heard Baker do one interview & that includes quotes in The Post, Walsh possibly similar. Williams has possibly done more in his short time of not playing for us than others.

You ever been at a work team-building event?  Some are naturals, getting into the thick of it, some break out in a cold sweat.  Some fake a sickie.

Is it necessarily a good thing to put someone in that position.

Some of our guys are “just” good footballers, and probably got little insight into the game.  One in particular, no longer a player, astounded me with his lack of insight when I got chatting to him.  His response was pretty much “I just go out there and play”. 

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You ever been at a work team-building event?  Some are naturals, getting into the thick of it, some break out in a cold sweat.  Some fake a sickie.

Is it necessarily a good thing to put someone in that position.

Some of our guys are “just” good footballers, and probably got little insight into the game.  One in particular, no longer a player, astounded me with his lack of insight when I got chatting to him.  His response was pretty much “I just go out there and play”. 

Tease

Archived