IGNORED

Murder in the outback

Super

50 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Interesting indeed. More questions than answers after watching all 3 episodes.

Was weird how she picked him out of a line up after a picture of him was in the press listing him as a suspect?!

4 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Its a spoiler. 

I have not watched the doco but am guessing I am correct. Many think the girlfriend had a lot to do with it although from memory no body was ever found. Am I getting warm ?

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I have not watched the doco but am guessing I am correct. Many think the girlfriend had a lot to do with it although from memory no body was ever found. Am I getting warm ?

Close, its an interesting watch which leaves more questions than answers unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pretty famous case for anyone 30+. I watched bits of the first episode and my initial reaction was the lawyer is in it for his own ends. I'll be interested to watch the whole series though as there is definitely something dodgy about Lees.

Always thought that.  Seem to recall there was something about her meeting up with an ex boyfriend or something in Alice Springs a few days before.

Spoons - there were 4 episodes!!

Watched it all. Very baffling.

Did you see her interview with the 2 detectives just a few days after the event when they were trying to double check some of the greyer aspects of her story. Firstly, did she not seem very interested? Secondly, when pressed on something she obviously didn't want to talk about, she either couldn't remember it or she just protested loudly that "you think I was involved, don't you" and said she wanted to leave (the interview).

Something very strange about that case indeed. As the legal beagle's 10 years' investigation hasn't yet lead to a further appeal, Murdoch still did it in the eyes of the law.

21 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Spoons - there were 4 episodes!!

Watched it all. Very baffling.

Did you see her interview with the 2 detectives just a few days after the event when they were trying to double check some of the greyer aspects of her story. Firstly, did she not seem very interested? Secondly, when pressed on something she obviously didn't want to talk about, she either couldn't remember it or she just protested loudly that "you think I was involved, don't you" and said she wanted to leave (the interview).

Something very strange about that case indeed. As the legal beagle's 10 years' investigation hasn't yet lead to a further appeal, Murdoch still did it in the eyes of the law.

Agreed.

Throws up even more questions than answers. Lees comes across as a very cold & calculating individual. The fact she carried on messaging the guy she was having an affair with just days after the 'murder' & her 'ordeal' made my skin crawl.

Sorry, absolute despicable behaviour especially for the family of Falconio. God knows what they made of it because understandably, they wanted nothing to do with the documentary.

Quite an intriguing story really because that Murdoch guy does look & sound a nasty piece of work.

Still, there seems to be a lot of flaws & possibly a case of the Police forcing through a conviction for the wider good.

There is probably only two persons who know what truly happened that night and one of them is Lees.

Hopefully, and for the family's sake, the Police got the right man.

Archived