IGNORED

Stupidest thing you’ve done in lockdown?

RumRed

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

So bored, never a good thing.

Accidentally bought this.B2A6B126-9615-4910-B737-EB5EC11DB1EF.jpeg.3a5bc4e913e13aff04e947810ff28c57.jpeg

Not sure why it’s climbing a vertical slope in that shot, was the correct way up in my photo library!

Well would not of bought a Fiat Abarth that’s for sure. I bought the biggest fridge i could find so I could use it as a beer fridge, got enough beer for 3 x months, red wine in 4 Litre casks x 12, cider slabs x 6 and there is 24 in a slab. Put it on the c/card and the missues found the statement in the post yesterday.

Oddly, and strangely (although not stupidly) after the first week where every night felt like a Thursday night, so i got on the cans, I have hardly touched booze since lockdown.

So my initial panic/security/confort supplies of booze remain largely untouched. 

For someone who'd go to the pub probably 6 days a week (usually for 2 or 3) my alcohol in take in almost zero now. And I'm not missing it.

This worries me.

I have no intention of using the money saved to buy a Fiat.

Well I'm about to buy a car but it definitely won't be a Fiat of any kind :laughcont:.

To be fair I work in a school so have been working most days, other than the odd day here and there when I was given it off (other than unlocking the building).

Wife (teacher in the same school) has been isolating as she's pregnant, so that's been the only real change for me. What I have realised though, is how much I spend on unnecessary stuff and fuel, because I've never been this well off since I met my wife :rolleyes:. Think my most extravagant purchase has been an Xbox game for £17. 

Sorry to disappoint.

23 minutes ago, Taz said:

Well I'm about to buy a car but it definitely won't be a Fiat of any kind :laughcont:.

To be fair I work in a school so have been working most days, other than the odd day here and there when I was given it off (other than unlocking the building).

Wife (teacher in the same school) has been isolating as she's pregnant, so that's been the only real change for me. What I have realised though, is how much I spend on unnecessary stuff and fuel, because I've never been this well off since I met my wife :rolleyes:. Think my most extravagant purchase has been an Xbox game for £17. 

Sorry to disappoint.

It’s an Abarth! Honestly why anyone would think it’s a Fiat is beyond me. It even says it in stupid lettering down the side! 

.... actually it is a Fiat, but it does have scorpions on it so that’s something.

?

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

It’s an Abarth! Honestly why anyone would think it’s a Fiat is beyond me. It even says it in stupid lettering down the side!

.... actually it is  a Fiat, but it does have scorpions on it so that’s something.

?

I've now got that 'Wind Of Change' song in my head. Thanks a lot. ?

21 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I'm about to buy a house which I'm sure is a bit silly at the moment. Aside from that, I don't think I've ever saved so much money! 

Looking at how healthy our bank now is,  Mrs Downend can no longer disguise just how much her hair, nails,lunches with the girls and "essential" shopping really cost.

Accordingly, I've  petitioned number 10 to extend lockdown till the end of next year!

In hindsight, talking to her about this is probably the stupidest thing I've done during lockdown!

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

As per my separate thread - painting the outside of the house, only been able to do bits here and there but I'm losing the will to live after a few weeks

That’s a killer! I’m still working, but from home but **** me is it dull.

Still at least I have a job for the moment so can’t whinge too much.

I go to asda and my wife decided she wanted to clear out some of the loft, daughters toys and some of her clothes while I'm out. She chucked them all in the front room ready for me to take to the tip - newsflash, tip shut. 

Got back, saw the mess and told her she can take it all back upstairs and I got an absolute death stare. 

Gone now, but it was all crammed in the corner of the front room for quite a while as its the only place we could put them, she never took them back upstairs. 

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Bought a cross trainer. 

Carefully checked we had enough floorspace for it. 

Didn't check the height.

Sold a cross trainer.

We had a cross trainer but couldn't get on with it, so switched to a more amenable one. ?

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

As per my separate thread - painting the outside of the house, only been able to do bits here and there but I'm losing the will to live after a few weeks

My next door neighbour reckons the rooms in his house are now a foot smaller, with all the painting and decorating he's done! 

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

We al need one of those head straps with a rubber tipped prong.

Reckon Anne Summers is the shop for you then RR. :shocking:

3 hours ago, !james said:

Let the wife cut my hair...

Ha, ha, same here. She watched a 5 minute video on You Tube and insisted she knew what she was doing. Now have a permanent grade 2 which I like and shes had to get used to????

Archived