IGNORED

Not long to go now - things I'm looking forward to

CyderInACan

So what is effectively a new "mini season" of 9 games starts (barring any disasters) in just 9 days.

I must say I haven't  missed the football or the rugby during lockdown but now there is a sense of excitement creeping back in! 

I'm looking forward to watching City again, albeit on TV rather than actually sat in my usual seat in the Dolman but I am also looking forward to the daft things that go with it, like the "Official Matchday Thread. . . " and it's random facts about our opposition and their town or city.

Looking forward to the whatsapp groups trying to predict the starting XI (does anyone ever get it right) or what formation we'll play (ditto) and studying the table, who's up next and who to watch out for. Might have to have a wander up to Clark's Pies on matchday too! 

So apart from the actual football itself is there anything that goes with it you're looking forward to? 

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

So what is effectively a new "mini season" of 9 games starts (barring any disasters) in just 9 days.

I must say I haven't  missed the football or the rugby during lockdown but now there is a sense of excitement creeping back in! 

I'm looking forward to watching City again, albeit on TV rather than actually sat in my usual seat in the Dolman but I am also looking forward to the daft things that go with it, like the "Official Matchday Thread. . . " and it's random facts about our opposition and their town or city.

Looking forward to the whatsapp groups trying to predict the starting XI (does anyone ever get it right) or what formation we'll play (ditto) and studying the table, who's up next and who to watch out for. Might have to have a wander up to Clark's Pies on matchday too! 

So apart from the actual football itself is there anything that goes with it you're looking forward to? 

I love waking up on a Saturday knowing there is football on. I usually snooze my alarm a few times on a given day, but if there is a match on I'm straight out of bed.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

in all honesty, not particularly looking forward to the football.

Getting up at 2.0am in OZ on a Sunday morning for the Saturday results.

32 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Will there be radio drizzle coverage with twentypence??....

It's just that it gives me something to swear at in unintelligible dialect before switching off in temper.....

Hope not.

After 3 months of relative peace and quiet not sure I could stand the sound of 'Oskin suddenly screeching out of the radio again.??

To make it really authentic in the absence of crowds I’m hoping you can pop round to mine and walk past me, obscuring my view about 20 minutes in to the game, 5 minutes before half time & then with about 4 minutes left. Hopefully on at least 2 occasions this will be when we are on the attack.

You know where I live in BS3, so is that a deal?

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To make it really authentic in the absence of crowds I’m hoping you can pop round to mine and walk past me, obscuring my view about 20 minutes in to the game, 5 minutes before half time & then with about 4 minutes left. Hopefully on at least 2 occasions this will be when we are on the attack.

Deal. You've forgotten to add turning up late to that list though. If you can pop over here on a reciprocal basis and stand outside bellowing PRIKC at the linesman (or my wife) every 15 minutes or so that would be awesome. :bounce:

I’m looking forward to using my new structured excel spreadsheets! ???

Seriously though, I’m looking forward to pre-match build up, the optimism, the hope.  I’m looking forward to posting on Twitter about city rather than covid.  I’m looking forward to debating our “in my opinion” views.

Deal. You've forgotten to add turning up late to that list though. If you can pop over here on a reciprocal basis and stand outside bellowing PRIKC at the linesman (or my wife) every 15 minutes or so that would be awesome. :bounce:

@CyderInACan reckon you can set off a Rover biscuit tin full of Standard fireworks as the team come out, or even a few bottle rockets from your back garden for the first home game?

I'm looking forward to remembering who actually plays for us now. All the loanees that we brought in, I can scarcely remember their names never mind whether they are still with us. Returning players from loans too; what with Leagues One and Two being done barring play-offs. Benik is back, this I know.

8 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I'm looking forward to remembering who actually plays for us now. All the loanees that we brought in, I can scarcely remember their names never mind whether they are still with us. Returning players from loans too; what with Leagues One and Two being done barring play-offs. Benik is back, this I know.

Not eligible.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You must sit very near me!

Been a really tough year for many. I honestly can’t wait for the football to start and see us get whacked 4-0 at Blackburn then have a good Moan. It will feel like a little bit of normality coming back. 

Next Wednesday premiership is back hope villa go down 

And Thursday League 2 Playoffs start live on sky . Nice build up to next Saturday 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Been a really tough year for many. I honestly can’t wait for the football to start and see us get whacked 4-0 at Blackburn then have a good Moan. It will feel like a little bit of normality coming back. 

Next Wednesday premiership is back hope villa go down 

And Thursday League 2 Playoffs start live on sky . Nice build up to next Saturday 

And with this new bubble of being able to visit and stay with someone, no better time for the Doris to travel back north to visit her elderly mother.... for a very long weekend.

Really looking forward to Afobe and Wells banging them in at one end and Kalas and Baker keeping them out at the other whilst heading to the promised land of premiership football next season.

If they pipe crowd noises, they need to make it sound as natural as possible for the players so should only pipe it from three sides of the ground.

With 9 games in 8 weeks plus the playoffs, Lee's tombola is going to take one hell of a pounding though.

Can't wait to see City lose to a 94th minute goal at Blackburn and then throwing the remote against the wall. The wife storming down the stairs shouting "what the hell is going on" then when I try to explain she tells me to "grow up, it's only a game" god I miss that.

Took the little one out for a walk this morning to Ashton Hill Plantation and had a nose over the wall at the lads training on the way back. It feels a bit different to a few weeks ago when there were only a few of them doing fitness drills on their own. Definitely created some sense of anticipation.

The same cannot be said for the young un (2 and a bit years old) who said ‘What are all those people doing daddy? They look silly’. LJ was giving some instructions at the time and doing a lot of pointing so it did make me wonder if he is now the youngest person to ever give LJ some stick!

Archived