IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, Real Red said:

Can you let me know step by step how to do this? 

It would be good if City could do a dummy trial so people could get used to how to use it before kick off, I can see me catching the last five minutes after failing to understand technology!

Sure it will all be fine though, with no problems at all.

There will be a 1 hour build up show before the match, mind, so that would give you a little bit of lee-way in case you do struggle.  It would be part of the build up you'd lose rather than the match itself.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The RobinsTV homepage has been updated to this. Has anyone been able to get past this mysterious "password" box? Either I've forgotten my password or the page is not fully operational yet.

Screenshot_20200612-105327.png

Is that on the app or desktop ?

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The RobinsTV homepage has been updated to this. Has anyone been able to get past this mysterious "password" box? Either I've forgotten my password or the page is not fully operational yet.

Screenshot_20200612-105327.png

Hmmm. A password but no username? But I'm logged in to my bristol sport account ..... logs out or bristol sport. No change to above screen. It's not a password if there isn't an associated username. So what's going on?

Has anybody managed to watch Robins TV through amazon firestick at all?

I'd been assuming that you can just go through the web browser on there (Firefox i think) to log on, as you would on a laptop?

I'd rather not be trying to test this out at 2.55 next Saturday only to be disappointed! Thanks 

20 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Has anybody managed to watch Robins TV through amazon firestick at all?

I'd been assuming that you can just go through the web browser on there (Firefox i think) to log on, as you would on a laptop?

I'd rather not be trying to test this out at 2.55 next Saturday only to be disappointed! Thanks 

They are holding a test programme on Wednesday evening

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They are holding a test programme on Wednesday evening

Ah yes, I saw that... but then also saw that we'll have our logins "by Friday at the latest" so hoping they'll actually be with us in time for the test

Sorry for being cynical but this is city's administration we're talking about!

I’ve got one of the Samsung 2019 smart TVs.

Just been onto the web browser and saved BCFC.co.uk and Robinstv as bookmarks.  Typing using a tv controller is a pain to type text, logins, etc, but you can download Smart Things app on iPad / iPhone and navigate and type on that.

Will test it on Wednesday.  Not expecting it to work, but will save hassle of hooking up Mac if it does.

I may be wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the new platform isn’t available on the app. Seen some other businesses turn off their apps as only their websites have been able to cope with the higher volume of traffic during lockdown. What makes me wonder this is looking at the app now, you don’t get the new Robins TV login page that you see when you look on the website. Fingers crossed it works somehow on an iPad though!

Several questions regarding casting this is the official line on this from the EFL

As per EFL guidelines iFollow/club's streaming will only be supported on desktop & mobile browsers and via official iOS / Android apps. It will not be available on Smart TV devices, nor will it support Chromecast & Airplay functionality.

Archived