IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

No i haven't received a password but i have had a video season ticket for the matches i would miss whilst being away. It may be that but i would have thought trying to access it here in the UK i would get the same 'unauthorized country' message as Dave got

Full of optimism, as a Forever Bristol Member,  I entered the Bristol Sport website on my iPad hoping to enact a simple transaction of paying £30 credit to watch 3 future matches of my choosing. 

Spent 40 minutes being bounced around various webpages of Bristol Sport/Bristol City/ Robins TV and eventually arrived - God knows how - at a Blackburn Rovers match payment page. Not want I wanted, but thought sod it let’s pay £10 now for that match. Click and met by an ‘error’ page.

Lummydaze. This ******* Club. 

21 minutes ago, westonred said:

No i haven't received a password but i have had a video season ticket for the matches i would miss whilst being away. It may be that but i would have thought trying to access it here in the UK i would get the same 'unauthorized country' message as Dave got

Aha, my screen says “view packages” because I haven’t bought anything yet.  The Diedhiou page did flash up when I initially tried through browser.

Are we still planning to play crowd noise over the tannoy? 

And if so, will fans watching the live stream that normally sit in the Dolman be able to hear it?

And will the Dolman fans walk away from the screen a few minutes before the end just for added authenticity? 

Can any techies explain if their is any reason why in 2020 we cant download an app on our smart tv's (the vast majority) and then play it straight on our tv's ??? All this casting and hdmi from pc to tv seems dated .

I dont have a laptop / pc and watching football on the phone is painful.

11 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Can any techies explain if their is any reason why in 2020 we cant download an app on our smart tv's (the vast majority) and then play it straight on our tv's ??? All this casting and hdmi from pc to tv seems dated .

I dont have a laptop / pc and watching football on the phone is painful.

I think the main problem is there isn't a common platform for Smart TVs.

An app for a Samsung Smart TV wouldn't also work on a LG Smart TV and so you end up developing multiple apps for various brands - not a small undertaking.

Can anybody explain Screen Mirroring? In theory, my iPhone/iPad offer this, as does my Samsung tv, but I’ve never tried it. Does this mean I should be able to access on my iPhone and watch on the tv, or is that a pipe dream?

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Can anybody explain Screen Mirroring? In theory, my iPhone/iPad offer this, as does my Samsung tv, but I’ve never tried it. Does this mean I should be able to access on my iPhone and watch on the tv, or is that a pipe dream?

@Leveller

Basically you link your phone with your TV.

The below is from my Samsung phone - but assume on an iPhone it is similar if not the same

I go into my options and select "Smart View"

image.png

Then my phone searches for devices that are turned on - this is turned on where you want to view your mirroring

image.png

When the screen you want to use is found - select it and link to it.

image.png

image.png

When they are linked whatever you have on your mobile screen will show on your TV - literally everything you do

2 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

If I've paid for an annual pass for live audio... I'm guessing I'll be able to listen to all the games without paying £2.50 a pop?

If you login to Robinstv it should show any packages you have already.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you login to Robinstv it should show any packages you have already.

My fear was that any trips abroad on VPN Airways might be grounded with the "new platform" due to VPN blacklisting, as I found with Rugbypass this season 

31 minutes ago, Leveller said:

On iPhone / iPad, swipe down from top right where your battery / signal strength are.  You get the following screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.3be064245aa2152bcfb270c069677bb9.jpeg

just touch screen mirroring and it will show any TVs you can wirelessly stream / cast / mirror to.

It will show exactly what is on your phone / tablet, so turn it landscape to fill most of your tv screen.

4 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Has anyone received a confirmation email from the club after making & submitting their choices?

I don’t believe anyone who chose options 1 or 2 got any email back.

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

My fear was that any trips abroad on VPN Airways might be grounded with the "new platform" due to VPN blacklisting, as I found with Rugbypass this season 

Wondering that too....but I’m sure others will confirm on Wednesday 

27 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

From what can be seen at the moment, it's still being provided by StreamAMG (as it has been for the season so far) so unless they've changed/improved their VPN detection...

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

From what can be seen at the moment, it's still being provided by StreamAMG (as it has been for the season so far) so unless they've changed/improved their VPN detection...

I didn't want to take the chance so have become a Legacy Bellend or whatever the name of it was, just so we could definitely watch from Saturday. 

Sod's Law though that the streaming for those abroad courtesy of VPN Airlines & Ferries will work & I will get a 100% reliable stream on my IPTV! 

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

On iPhone / iPad, swipe down from top right where your battery / signal strength are.  You get the following screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.3be064245aa2152bcfb270c069677bb9.jpeg

just touch screen mirroring and it will show any TVs you can wirelessly stream / cast / mirror to.

It will show exactly what is on your phone / tablet, so turn it landscape to fill most of your tv screen.

Mine just shows"Looking for Apple TV. . . " rather than the smart TV we have on the same wifi network grrrrrr

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cheers Dave, I chose option 1 and had no confirmation email.

40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I didn't want to take the chance so have become a Legacy Bellend or whatever the name of it was, just so we could definitely watch from Saturday. 

Sod's Law though that the streaming for those abroad courtesy of VPN Airlines & Ferries will work & I will get a 100% reliable stream on my IPTV! 

Mine just shows"Looking for Apple TV. . . " rather than the smart TV we have on the same wifi network grrrrrr

Following the helpful replies I got - unfortunately I got exactly the same as in your last para. IT is never easy!

For us foreigners using macbook, I've just given it a go on mine.  Using Chrome for the first time in ages, my usual login details work (City reactivated my monthly subscription a couple of days ago) and having added a chrome cast box to our telly (and installed the Google Home app onto the macbook) it seemed to go swimmingly well as I was able to cast the test card to the tv.  Unmuted, even the test tone came across ok.  So, I'm hopeful for the game on Saturday.........unless previous contributors comments about chrome casting not working are correct.  Now I'm no tecchy type bloke so I didn't really understand the details behind the comments suggesting why casting doesn't work (if someone born after 1990 can let me know if it definitely won't work then I'll dig out the cables, thanks in advance).  

Of course, my only other fly in the ointment is a reliance on Martinez Internet Murcia playing nicely on the day, if we have storms here then I'm probably knackered anyway!  Here's hoping.

If any other continental mac users have had similar success with chrome and casting, please give me a nod, gracias.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sorry if this has been asked already but is Robins TV properly live? As in if I have Soccer Saturday on am I going to read about the score changing before I see it? 

No. You'll get goal alerts on your phone before the goal goes in on RobinsTV. Occasionally I've even had the match day thread be ahead of the stream, although normally that is fine. Sky's videprinter will be ahead by a few seconds.

48 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

No. You'll get goal alerts on your phone before the goal goes in on RobinsTV. Occasionally I've even had the match day thread be ahead of the stream, although normally that is fine. Sky's videprinter will be ahead by a few seconds.

And they want people to pay £10 a game for this :laugh: 

On 14/06/2020 at 20:34, JerrySLO said:

Several questions regarding casting this is the official line on this from the EFL

As per EFL guidelines iFollow/club's streaming will only be supported on desktop & mobile browsers and via official iOS / Android apps. It will not be available on Smart TV devices, nor will it support Chromecast & Airplay functionality.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And again sorry if already answered but has it been confirmed if we can AirPlay to an Apple TV from iOS or macOS properly (as in proper AirPlay not screen mirroring)

@BRISTOL86 see the above quote from Jerry SLO.

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

For us foreigners using macbook, I've just given it a go on mine.  Using Chrome for the first time in ages, my usual login details work (City reactivated my monthly subscription a couple of days ago) and having added a chrome cast box to our telly (and installed the Google Home app onto the macbook) it seemed to go swimmingly well as I was able to cast the test card to the tv.  Unmuted, even the test tone came across ok.  So, I'm hopeful for the game on Saturday.........unless previous contributors comments about chrome casting not working are correct.  Now I'm no tecchy type bloke so I didn't really understand the details behind the comments suggesting why casting doesn't work (if someone born after 1990 can let me know if it definitely won't work then I'll dig out the cables, thanks in advance).  

Of course, my only other fly in the ointment is a reliance on Martinez Internet Murcia playing nicely on the day, if we have storms here then I'm probably knackered anyway!  Here's hoping.

If any other continental mac users have had similar success with chrome and casting, please give me a nod, gracias.

I did a bit of casting last night in UK, seemed successful from Mac.  Wonder if casting / mirroring might be ok from Mac / pc rather than small screen iPad / iPhone.  Will know more Wednesday.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sorry if this has been asked already but is Robins TV properly live? As in if I have Soccer Saturday on am I going to read about the score changing before I see it? 

I usually pause SS at 3pm for 2 minutes....

I assume when they say that casting will not be available, it just means that there won't be that handy Chromecast button which sends whatever is playing to your TV and then you can do whatever you want with your device. But nothing to stop you casting your screen as others have said. 

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And they want people to pay £10 a game for this :laugh: 

I pay £3 per game as I have the season pass. I live abroad and rarely get back o the UK so it's my only way to watch.

The £10 per game price is crazy. They may have upgraded the system and introduced more build up and half time stuff but I doubt that will be worth £7.

I understand that as a business they want to push people away from the refund option by bigging up the "value" of the streams. IMO it should have been £30 for all 9 games.

Archived