IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I pay £3 per game as I have the season pass. I live abroad and rarely get back o the UK so it's my only way to watch.

The £10 per game price is crazy. They may have upgraded the system and introduced more build up and half time stuff but I doubt that will be worth £7.

I understand that as a business they want to push people away from the refund option by bigging up the "value" of the streams. IMO it should have been £30 for all 9 games.

To be fair, it always was £10 per game for those living in the UK, so they haven't increased the cost. Whether or not that is value for money is another argument...!

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

To be fair, it always was £10 per game for those living in the UK, so they haven't increased the cost. Whether or not that is value for money is another argument...!

Yeh, I always felt that was also overcharging. I'm waiting with baited breath to see if I am asked to pay £350-400 for next season's RobinsTV pass. Maybe I'd get some sort of season reduction but still, based on £90 for 9 games I guess they'll have no choice but to ask me to pay more than a SS season ticketholder.

Not been on here for a while, so sorry if it's been covered.

Should we have had an access code by now?

I thought there was going to be a test tomorrow, I didn't even get an email to say my option had been accepted. Has anyone got their code after picking the option?

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not been on here for a while, so sorry if it's been covered.

Should we have had an access code by now?

I thought there was going to be a test tomorrow, I didn't even get an email to say my option had been accepted. Has anyone got their code after picking the option?

Codes are going out tomorrow I believe. There was no confirmation email to anybody who picked any of the first three options.

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Codes are going out tomorrow I believe. There was no confirmation email to anybody who picked any of the first three options.

Ok, thanks for that, got a little confused by a Tweet I saw, must have misread it.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, I always felt that was also overcharging. I'm waiting with baited breath to see if I am asked to pay £350-400 for next season's RobinsTV pass. Maybe I'd get some sort of season reduction but still, based on £90 for 9 games I guess they'll have no choice but to ask me to pay more than a SS season ticketholder.

Yes, would be very unattractive at that price point.  Something like £150/£175 for all 46 games home and away I think would be the right ballpark, bearing in mind games lost to sky, etc.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I assume when they say that casting will not be available, it just means that there won't be that handy Chromecast button which sends whatever is playing to your TV and then you can do whatever you want with your device. But nothing to stop you casting your screen as others have said. 

I have BT Sport free with my phone tariff. If I try to cast my phone and watch it the stream it stops. It says it's a different subscription to cast. Sort of makes sense as they offer TV broadcast coverage but not sure why City would do that? 

So it is possible to stop a stream from being cast when your device is mirroring previously, just not sure City would need to do it if that is the case here.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, would be very unattractive at that price point.  Something like £150/£175 for all 46 games home and away I think would be the right ballpark, bearing in mind games lost to sky, etc.

Yeh, in my experience you end up with about 35 games once you account for Sky and overseas broadcast picks. IIRC we've been on Sky 8 times already this season, and have two more scheduled. Not sure how many others have been picked for overseas but I reckon 2019/20 will come out at about 34 or 35 games on RobinsTV. So currently it is £110/35 = £3.14 per game. People paying monthly get closer to £4.00 per match believe.

I accept that this will go up given they've spent money upgrading the system and producing more of their own stuff.  Your figures come to £4.28 - £5.00 per game, which I would agree is just about fair.  However,  as the price increases I also expect to start getting some further benefits similar to what members and ST holders get. I know you can get these benefits for the extra £20 it takes to become a member - I have done that myself. However not all of those benefits are useful when you barely ever attend AG (eg rewards cash is pretty pointless as online followers spend nothing in the concourse or shop on match days) so perhaps for RobinsTV followers there could be a new priority level for cup games, above general sale but lower than members and/or perhaps a  10% discount on POTD tickets for those few occasions when we are able to attend.

I've also said before that they need to market this as a "Virtual Season Ticket" rather than just a subscription to RobinsTV.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

I have BT Sport free with my phone tariff. If I try to cast my phone and watch it the stream it stops. It says it's a different subscription to cast. Sort of makes sense as they offer TV broadcast coverage but not sure why City would do that? 

So it is possible to stop a stream from being cast when your device is mirroring previously, just not sure City would need to do it if that is the case here.

Can't imagine City use technology advanced enough for that :laugh:

I've been trying to buy a £10 pass for Saturday's game. But when I click on the buy button I just get can't connect to Bristol sport message.

Bizarrely if you are outside the UK you can get straight through by clicking on the button and can pay a fiver for the pass with no problems connecting. 

Very odd. 

I've been trying to renew my monthly audio and although I have had an email telling me they are renewing my subscription from the 10th of June, there is no record of it on my account, or with PayPal.  Last time I paid by PayPal and once I knew the matches were going to be cancelled I stopped the PayPal payments, now when I try to renew using the PayPal button,  a page come up telling me the resource can't be found.  Very confusing so I can't understand why I can't renew the £5 monthly account when the OS takes me to the PayPal account to renew. Will just have to try and log on on Saturday and see what happens.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

I've been trying to buy a £10 pass for Saturday's game. But when I click on the buy button I just get can't connect to Bristol sport message.

Bizarrely if you are outside the UK you can get straight through by clicking on the button and can pay a fiver for the pass with no problems connecting. 

Very odd. 

I'm guessing that's not being activated until season ticket holders are sorted

On 15/06/2020 at 21:53, westonred said:

Heres a screen shot of it

IMG_20200615_210132.jpg

I see the the City iPad and iPhone apps were updated yesterday/today and I also now get this test screen on them so now reassured that it will work on the app (fingers crossed!)

Now, I may not be ‘cutting edge’ on technology and apps. 

I’ve downloaded - on my i-pad -  the new app, logged in, gone to RobinsTV section .... where do I go to buy a match or series of matches? Unless, I’ve lost my mind, there appears to be no ‘buy’ option. The Club can’t be that bad, can it?

Last night, navigating my way around ‘Bristol Sport’ and ‘Bristol City’ website I found a Blackburn Rovers page but was thrown out when I went to pay. Don’t want to waste my time on that journey again, even if I could remember the route. 

My expectations of City in trying to purchase anything online are low, but this (potentially) plumbs new depths. Less of the froth (bleeding Thatchers World Cup or whatever it was), more revenue-generating substance please. 

1 hour ago, eardun said:

I see the the City iPad and iPhone apps were updated yesterday/today and I also now get this test screen on them so now reassured that it will work on the app (fingers crossed!)

Yes, just updated my app and I now get this message:EC3F498E-C5EB-46EA-B0A5-D418C4C28DD8.thumb.png.70c49ff834be0d073c7ec0a107962a96.png

which kinda makes sense.  When I get my code, I should get the test card.

Well, that was helpful,  not!

I thought they were going to explain how to actually watch the stream on different devices, not just how to log in. I know there have been helpful tips by posters on different threads but it would be useful to have them together and also those not on OTIB won't have seen them.

I’m seriously beginning to wonder if our backroom staff are all Gasheads trying to make us more ‘ragbag’ than they are. 

If you wanted to design a system to subscribe/buy a product, you couldn’t do any worse. 

There must be something majorly structurally wrong with our off-the-field set up. We must be losing tens of thousands a year on lost sales.

I’ve given up now and will use Sky/BT Sport offers - so directing my money to them and not direct to the Club.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, just updated my app and I now get this message:EC3F498E-C5EB-46EA-B0A5-D418C4C28DD8.thumb.png.70c49ff834be0d073c7ec0a107962a96.png

which kinda makes sense.  When I get my code, I should get the test card.

I got the same page above but rather than ‘subscribe/ok’ I had ‘login’ option. I logged in with my Bristol sport account and when I clicked on the watch live video stream (top right in your pic), I got the test card. Perhaps mine was different because I already have the robins audio commentary subscription though. I’m guessing we will need to input our season card voucher on the website, and then that will also then allow access on the app. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, eardun said:

I got the same page above but rather than ‘subscribe/ok’ I had ‘login’ option. I logged in with my Bristol sport account and when I clicked on the watch live video stream (top right in your pic), I got the test card. Perhaps mine was different because I already have the robins audio commentary subscription though. I’m guessing we will need to input our season card voucher on the website, and then that will also then allow access on the app. 

I would assume that you have logged into the audio part

Remember to log out and log back in with the new code

24 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

With the streaming does anyone know if it is it possible to switch devices for different games? If computer isn't great I would want to switch to a tablet. I ask as it says you won't be required to enter code again and am worried that locks you to a device.

I doubt it otherwise people could share their codes like some do with Netflix and use on another device

32 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

With the streaming does anyone know if it is it possible to switch devices for different games? If computer isn't great I would want to switch to a tablet. I ask as it says you won't be required to enter code again and am worried that locks you to a device.

⬇️

7 minutes ago, westonred said:

I doubt it otherwise people could share their codes like some do with Netflix and use on another device

I had both Mac and IPad streaming the test card at the same time logged into a single account. ?

Archived