IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone else (like me) in receipt of their code but have the vapours about even thinking about trying this 7.30pm test and just wants the magical IT fairy to sort it all out for them whilst they sleep?

it seems my code is with your account manager

I'm no technophobe but here's my problem. I don't have a computer or laptop to plug into my tv, I don't have an ipad or tablet, my phone screen is too small to see anything, that's why I bought a 90inch tv! I live overseas and have an android box, can't get app from app store. Now how can I watch the game? Any suggestions welcome

Just now, Med/MadHatter said:

I'm no technophobe but here's my problem. I don't have a computer or laptop to plug into my tv, I don't have an ipad or tablet, my phone screen is too small to see anything, that's why I bought a 90inch tv! I live overseas and have an android box, can't get app from app store. Now how can I watch the game? Any suggestions welcome

One of those Firestick things that you can plug in I believe.  Others will know more about these things, sorry I’m Apple only.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wow, Effin’ wow.....that will solve the problem for so many people who might live at different addresses.

So basically it is like Netflix where your code is tied to your account rather than device. Sensible and really should have been publicised a bit more ?

10 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Thanks I will try on my firestick and see if i can get the app

I read elsewhere someone suggested downloading a search engine called Firefox on to the fire stick then search for robins tv on there. 
worked perfect 1st time the other day. Under ‘packages’ I think, there was a space to enter the code. Haven’t Yet tried with the code. I’ll wait til later. Im really not great at technical stuff but was all fairly easy ??

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So basically it is like Netflix where your code is tied to your account rather than device. Sensible and really should have been publicised a bit more ?

Suspect lots of people might have asked for a refund and shared with a mate....which is against the spirit I guess.

22 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Or just an appropriate internet browser if no app.

25 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Download the firefox web browser app on your Firestick and log into City website through that. Go to Robins TV and view packages there is a box you enter your code and then click watch and Streaming Test successful test card should come up. We wont know until 7.30 when they run the streaming test if this is going to work but its looking good so far  

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Has anyone worked out how to get the game on the TV is one doesn’t have a smart TV. Just got google chrome cast at the moment.  Bit of technophobe so if anyone can suggest a way that would be great! 

You should be able to screen mirror your device to the Chromecast. This in effect will mean that you can see everything that happens on your phone on whatever device is connected to your Chromecast. 

The way that you screen mirror will depend on what device you are using. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, westonred said:

Download the firefox web browser app on your Firestick and log into City website through that. Go to Robins TV and view packages there is a box you enter your code and then click watch and Streaming Test successful test card should come up. We wont know until 7.30 when they run the streaming test if this is going to work but its looking good so far  

I've done that too but picture isn't full screen 

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Has anyone worked out how to get the game on the TV is one doesn’t have a smart TV. Just got google chrome cast at the moment.  Bit of technophobe so if anyone can suggest a way that would be great! 

What device are you using

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

I've done that too but picture isn't full screen 

Just click the double arrow (full screen) icon in bottom right if video....it does disappear quickly upon hovering over it.

Tried on multiple browsers and devices and still getting this error every time I try to redeem 

{"status":"error","message":"Multiple accounts exist for user with email (email address removed) or third party ID ajkMwZRiHUeRDGEKGKOzbA"}

If they can’t sort this out by Saturday then they can refund me, fed up of this season before it’s even resumed!

City have fobbed me off to AMG even though it looks like a BS database issue. How many hours am I going to have to spend going round in circles to get this sorted I wonder. Nothings ever bloody simple with this club. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Tried on multiple browsers and devices and still getting this error every time I try to redeem 

{"status":"error","message":"Multiple accounts exist for user with email (email address removed) or third party ID ajkMwZRiHUeRDGEKGKOzbA"}

If they can’t sort this out by Saturday then they can refund me, fed up of this season before it’s even resumed!

City have fobbed me off to AMG even though it looks like a BS database issue. How many hours am I going to have to spend going round in circles to get this sorted I wonder. Nothings ever bloody simple with this club. 

What device you using?

What browser / app you using?

Have you checked the login you are using is linked to your season card id?

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think I've had the exact same problem as you. If its an issue that is affecting multiple accounts then I imagine they will have it fixed by Saturday! Fingers crossed

Might not help, but my email used to communicate with City (gmail address) is not the email of my account login (sky address).  When I logged in via browser BCFC page I checked my account had the correct season card id.  I then proceeded into Robinstv.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What device you using?

What browser / app you using?

Have you checked the login you are using is linked to your season card id?

MacBook. Tried on safari, Firefox and chrome, same issue on all. 

Yep I have the correct supporter ID linked to my BS account. 

When I log in to robins TV it says I’m not logged in even after the login button changes to logout. Bizarre. 

64b65dfeecc8c035f4d778e3625103eb.jpg

Don’t get me wrong I know tech can be flaky, but this is just so typically BCFC. Nothings ever easy. 

As soon as I got my email through I said to myself, right, how long is this gonna take to sort out when nothing works....imagine my shock!

Archived