IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes the idea is to test that it works, and it doesn’t, on a multitude of levels. It’s only been active a few hours and there are already a whole host of different issues being experienced. 

Everything about the last couple of weeks, from the (lack of) communication, last club In the league to advise on refunds, then shitty emails from Lord Silverspoon followed up by a half arsed ‘apology’, it’s absolute dogshit all round. 

So what? As long as it works on Saturday why do you care?

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Blimey. You lot need to chill out. It’s a bloody test event.  If they didn’t test it you’d be moaning 

Because it’s now 40 mins and I’m waiting for my code to be accepted- You may have time to waste, I don’t!

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why does it matter?  Got 65 hours to make it work. A test event is sensible considering so many will be watching Saturday.  People will literally moan about anything 

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest your career path doesn't involve IT implementations.

?

Took a while to get in due to all the error messages but once I did and entered my voucher code it’s working fine on iPad (safari and app - watching both on the same screen!). I think the actual matches will only be available on the app though based on the info City provided. 

Tried to talk my mum through it for my dad but similar error messages so will try again for them  when quieter. 

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So based on this, we (well, the app owners) have got some major defects around the load test, haven't conducted route to live and there are a number of minor detects in terms of audio/picture sync.

Would I be confident to make a go/no go decision on this as it stands? Yes. But it would be 'no go'.

Seems like a lot more work to be done, and I was one of the lucky ones who got it working.

I guess that's what test events are for. Not a great advert though .

5 minutes ago, adamski said:

Because it’s now 40 mins and I’m waiting for my code to be accepted- You may have time to waste, I don’t!

What device are you on.

My Mac wouldn't work through Safari, used Google Chrome and accepted the code straight away.

I've tried redeeming the code and I can't.

I've had the data base connection issue.

I've got a 'Not logged in' message in the bottom of the page but top right, it says 'Log out'

This is looking rather flaky.

1 minute ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Managed to get in on Chrome/Macbook, went to VIEW PACKAGES, input my code- which it accepted. Clicked on WATCH LIVE from menu....then nothing but homepage spill again!!!!  There is an outlined red box below text, is this where picture is supposed to show???

Yes. I saw a picture of Diedhiou with "Watch now" near his navel, but sticking my forefinger in his navel had no effect.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

So ignore the load test, when on Saturday there could be 1000s of simultaneously attempts at connecting....

I’ve not said ignore it. Try to log on and if it works great. If it doesn’t then try again tomorrow. Nothing to get annoyed about as far as I can see. The club will be working on it 

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Just do it tomorrow when the system isn’t so overwhelmed 

I think you're missing the point.  This is about testing the platform works at scale not that people know how to use a web browser. 

Perhaps going with the same supplier that's failed to deliver a stable system for a few hundred concurrent users to deliver one for tens of thousands wasn't the winning decision we all might imagine it to be.

Just now, Nibor said:

I think you're missing the point.  This is about testing the platform works at scale not that people know how to use a web browser. 

Perhaps going with the same supplier that's failed to deliver a stable system for a few hundred concurrent users to deliver one for tens of thousands wasn't the winning decision we all might imagine it to be.

This will be showing them what’s wrong. Then they will fix it. If they don’t by all means get angry then.  

Had all the various error codes everyone has mentioned.  The latest I’ve had is to get into the Watch Live page and insted of the picture and start arrow, I’ve just got an empty black box with red outline.  

Works fine with the app on my iphone, but can’t link that to my LG smart tv, so not good

Archived