IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

Just now, And Its Smith said:

This will be showing them what’s wrong. Then they will fix it. If they don’t by all means get angry then.  

I haven't paid for it - this was predictable.

I'd bet against any IT fix happening in a couple of days however particularly on a platform that's struggled for a long time.

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

No if you download the Firefox browser then open BCFC website through that and log on got to Robins TV enter the code and click watch live

Subscribe took me Bristol Spirt login. Dammed if I know my password 

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Exactly the same on my macbook

I've just gone on the app and where do I go on there? Robins TV. Live stream? Well that doesn't work either

Im also on a Mac - tried both Chrome andF Firefox. I think we are meant to be streaming on the "Watch Live" button

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Not after fixes they put in place after tonight 

I respect the relentless optimism but it's misplaced.  If they can't even get login to work then they've missed their opportunity to actually test the streaming platform works at scale.

Fixes like that are rarely just turning it off and on again.

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I haven't paid for it - this was predictable.

I'd bet against any IT fix happening in a couple of days however particularly on a platform that's struggled for a long time.

Epic meltdown due here Saturday. I'll be in the middle of it. I'm struggling to understand what they've upgraded. The css? It seems like the backend was built with a couple of coathangers and some gaffa tape. There's nothing like being on the bleding edge of technology...

(Now how to sub to the official blackburn rovers stream?)

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

Epic meltdown due here Saturday. I'll be in the middle of it. I'm struggling to understand what they've upgraded. The css? It seems like the backend was built with a couple of coathangers and some gaffa tape. There's nothing like being on the bleding edge of technology...

(Now how to sub to the official blackburn rovers stream?)

The thing I find hard to credit is that they seem to have just picked a supplier based on price and what other clubs do.  There are plenty of streaming platforms that work at vast scale without issues (youtube, twitch, vimeo... so on) that would make this much lower risk.  They've long needed to employ someone who knows IT rather than letting "commercial" people buy it.

Couldn’t log on my laptop after lots of attempts. So tried my iPad and that was ok. So tried My laptop a little later, it would then allow me to enter my voucher number. After doing that, it now tells me that my voucher number has already been used. So it looks like I have to watch it from my iPad. I have emailed them. 

2 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Couldn’t log on my laptop after lots of attempts. So tried my iPad and that was ok. So tried My laptop a little later, it would then allow me to enter my voucher number. After doing that, it now tells me that my voucher number has already been used. So it looks like I have to watch it from my iPad. I have emailed them. 

I had the same problem on my pc using firefox. I then realised firefox doesn't support adobe flash as it is disappearing. So changed to google chrome and straight in. Don't know if this helps you

1 hour ago, semblar said:

I *hope* that this will be rectified in time for Saturday - they risked a lot of goodwill with the way that they presented the options, if the platform is not stable enough with enough resources to cope with every single one of us, there will be a lot of people demanding back £10 for every stream which doesn't work...as a minimum. They know how many of us have codes, they need to make darn sure that the system can cope with that number of connections

Exactly this. The demand isn’t an unknown quantity.

Archived