IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

13 minutes ago, Nibor said:

The thing I find hard to credit is that they seem to have just picked a supplier based on price and what other clubs do.  There are plenty of streaming platforms that work at vast scale without issues (youtube, twitch, vimeo... so on) that would make this much lower risk.  They've long needed to employ someone who knows IT rather than letting "commercial" people buy it.

Quite right, all the usual suspect offer robust scalable solutions, but you know, we can get it for half the price if we go with Unknown Technologies LLC. Yep, half the price and twice the cost :(

8 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I had the same problem on my pc using firefox. I then realised firefox doesn't support adobe flash as it is disappearing. So changed to google chrome and straight in. Don't know if this helps you

Who said to me this week that Flash wouldn't matter!! ?

4 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I had the same problem on my pc using firefox. I then realised firefox doesn't support adobe flash as it is disappearing. So changed to google chrome and straight in. Don't know if this helps you

No the problem is that because I’ve now logged in on my iPad, it’s saying that I can’t log in on my laptop because the voucher code has already been used. To be fair to them I have already had a reply from my email. They said they are aware of the problem and are looking into it! So as it stands at the moment, it seems what ever Device you log on with first is the device you have to stick with. But I would like my laptop because of the bigger screen. 

1 minute ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

No the problem is that because I’ve now logged in on my iPad, it’s saying that I can’t log in on my laptop because the voucher code has already been used. To be fair to them I have already had a reply from my email. They said they are aware of the problem and are looking into it! So as it stands at the moment, it seems what ever Device you log on with first is the device you have to stick with. But I would like my laptop because of the bigger screen. 

1 minute ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I had the same message as I tried putting the code in again. But now I have use both on my pc and iphone so at the end of the day it was me that was at fault not city. Will be interested  to hear your outcome

35 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Subscribe took me Bristol Spirt login. Dammed if I know my password 

I wouldn’t worry.

There’s about four more hurdles after that to clear until you finally get to the holy grail - an ‘error’ message page and can go no further. 

‘Tis that bad a customer experience, it’s actually quite funny. Takes me back to about 1997 IT -wise. 

19 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Firefox works fine on both laptop and iPad 

Finally, after 8:30 pm got it working on laptop using chrome browser, Firefox browser on the Firestick and also on the App. 

Sod’s law all these fail on Saturday and it works on my iptv! 

I guess the saving grace for Saturday is that the much vaunted “Build Up” programme starts at 2:00pm so plenty of time for people to log in gradually before a peak at 2:59:59pm just like in real life. 

I just hope my TeleWest dial-up is up to the job :city:

55 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pretty sure it will be fine on Saturday mate.  The rest event will show them what needs to change. Nothing for anyone to get upset about 

What about the hundreds of people who can’t even redeem their codes? Very narrow minded viewpoint just because you’re alright. 

42 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Couldn’t log on my laptop after lots of attempts. So tried my iPad and that was ok. So tried My laptop a little later, it would then allow me to enter my voucher number. After doing that, it now tells me that my voucher number has already been used. So it looks like I have to watch it from my iPad. I have emailed them. 

Worth logging out of all devices.....I was logged into at least 3 (Mac, iPad and TV, probably iPhone too)....then log back in one at a time.

26 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

There do appear to be a few issues like this, but you definitely do not have to stick to sane device.  I’ve had it working on 4 devices tonight, including various combinations of 2 at a time.

6 minutes ago, CyberDan said:

So after a bit of investigation I think my issues are cos im using a mac. I logged in to a windows laptop (not mine) and it worked first time fine.

Not good - I only have a mac to play it on!

Fire away with questions, I’m on a Mac.  Or DM me.

8A126539-EC12-42AB-9064-5D40B2022DFB.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Worth logging out of all devices.....I was logged into at least 3 (Mac, iPad and TV, probably iPhone too)....then log back in one at a time.

There do appear to be a few issues like this, but you definitely do not have to stick to sane device.  I’ve had it working on 4 devices tonight, including various combinations of 2 at a time.

Fire away with questions, I’m on a Mac.  Or DM me.

8A126539-EC12-42AB-9064-5D40B2022DFB.jpeg

Cheers Dave, got a helpdesk ticket open and they are looking at it. Im fairly savvy with the tech and cant aew anything obvious!

Ill take you up on the offer if they can't resolve the ticket

Sadly wouldn’t recognise my voucher code when I clicked redeem.

Yhis was on iPhone.

LG browser on tv and Firefox just didn’t work at all.

City app didn’t work either.

Had the bad gateway message at one point.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you give us some info, we might be able to help ??‍♂️

Device type?

App or Browser?

If Browser, which one?

Error  message seen?

etc

Well I got nowhere on my laptop.  Dell Latitude 7300 Laptop running Windows 10 with Chrome and super fast fibre broadband. Just got a black screen edged in red. Works fine on my iPhone but of course can’t cast.....

Archived