IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Finally, after 8:30 pm got it working on laptop using chrome browser, Firefox browser on the Firestick and also on the App. 

Sod’s law all these fail on Saturday and it works on my iptv! 

I guess the saving grace for Saturday is that the much vaunted “Build Up” programme starts at 2:00pm so plenty of time for people to log in gradually before a peak at 2:59:59pm just like in real life. 

I just hope my TeleWest dial-up is up to the job :city:

Well I'll be leaving early to avoid the traffic

19 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Well I got nowhere on my laptop.  Dell Latitude 7300 Laptop running Windows 10 with Chrome and super fast fibre broadband. Just got a black screen edged in red. Works fine on my iPhone but of course can’t cast.....

How long did you leave it on black screen?

You can mirror to a tv from an iPhone, if your tv allows it.  Alternatively, you can get a lightning to hdmi cable or dongle.  Here are some examples, but I’ve done no research, just to give you an idea of what’s possible.

D9BC98B3-2430-4E2A-9EFD-6F6E78AE91F9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

No the problem is that because I’ve now logged in on my iPad, it’s saying that I can’t log in on my laptop because the voucher code has already been used. To be fair to them I have already had a reply from my email. They said they are aware of the problem and are looking into it! So as it stands at the moment, it seems what ever Device you log on with first is the device you have to stick with. But I would like my laptop because of the bigger screen. 

Same here except mine is the other way around - logged in on laptop but can’t get in via anything else as voucher code now used.

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

Same here except mine is the other way around - logged in on laptop but can’t get in via anything else as voucher code now used.

Check you have the latest version of the app, they released updated versions on Monday.

Using Google Chrome on a laptop was a shambles. The first few attempts produced a series of different error messages. I then loaded the City website again and, extremely slowly,  got a connection. Then more error messages and finally success. All of this with an excellent broadband connection 

Just realised after reading the info given out by the club, that Robins TV won’t work on Internet Explorer, which is my laptop browser.

Have now downloaded Firefox and logged in to Robin TV again, but just seeing a black screen and message ‘currently not broadcasting video will play once broadcasting starts’.  There is an off air displayed in the bottom left corner and unmute in the top left, so it looks promising, but appears to be no way to test it if they’ve stopped broadcasting.

Does anyone know if there are any other shakedown runs planned, or do we all have to just keep our fingers crossed that any bugs have been sorted before Saturday?

So, after giving up at 7:45, I then tried again at 8:25. Finally got it to work on my iPhone on the City App. 
Then got it to work on my LG tv web browser. 
But it wouldn’t work on the laptop despite many attempts. This was on Firefox. I had to download the latest adobe flash player too but it still didn’t work  

My concern is that, from a few things I’ve read, on Saturday it won’t be accessible on the smart tv browser, so I’ll end up having to watch it on a small screen on an iPhone - not ideal.  

Edit - I did log out of each application before trying the next one so shouldn’t be a multiple login issue. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Mods - please merge if you want.
D26959D5-399A-4C07-A831-6B78141EBEEB.thumb.jpeg.a3483f4a38cbec4f90010accd3112de2.jpeg

I tried logging on to my bristol sport account via a 2014 Samsung tvs web browser and I couldn't get past a captcha when I clicked to logon - clicking on the verify button had no effect. I'll see if there is an update for the browser under samsung apps. (I didn't get quite as far as that on my 2018 lg tv.  I don't think tv manufacturers care about web browsers!)

I find it quite weird

in the last week

I have cancelled sky (love the way they now want to talk with me to save money) 

updated my bt package to get sky sports

now have all sky and bt sports on any tv(11and counting) I wish including the one in the garden

brought a new gadget that I think is really good and will travel on holiday(when they come back)

but @JerrySLO BCFC cant even send me a code:dunno:

forgot to mention saved £40 quid a month

In the past I’ve traveled to an away match and, due to traffic accidents on the motorway, been delayed and missed most of the first half. I’ve got an awful felling that Saturday is going to be similar. I’ll start trying to log on at 2.00 and, with a bit of luck, manage to start watching the match as the players leave the pitch at half time 

7 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Just realised after reading the info given out by the club, that Robins TV won’t work on Internet Explorer, which is my laptop browser.

Have now downloaded Firefox and logged in to Robin TV again, but just seeing a black screen and message ‘currently not broadcasting video will play once broadcasting starts’.  There is an off air displayed in the bottom left corner and unmute in the top left, so it looks promising, but appears to be no way to test it if they’ve stopped broadcasting.

Does anyone know if there are any other shakedown runs planned, or do we all have to just keep our fingers crossed that any bugs have been sorted before Saturday?

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I always get an issue logging in to bristol sport. It never seems to acknowledge I'm logged in til i manually refresh a browser. Something doesn't seem to fire quite right! Try F5 ing it!

for older users that is the pf5 key 

The app when I downloaded it worked quickly. I had all kinds of error messages (posted elsewhere on Chrome browser, then when the website did connect it didn't work until I logged out and back in again. After that, it worked well. With the extra tests Thursday and Friday if needed,  there is at least a chance that we will get a good service on Saturday. I hope.

I used to buy single matches and watch them on my PC, but the new Robins TV's FAQ indicates Windows 8 as a minimum system requirement, and I still have Windows 7 installed. Did anyone try to test the new platform from a PC with the same operating system?

I could try the smartphone app, but I don't like watching matches in a small screen, so...

12 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

I used to buy single matches and watch them on my PC, but the new Robins TV's FAQ indicates Windows 8 as a minimum system requirement, and I still have Windows 7 installed. Did anyone try to test the new platform from a PC with the same operating system?

I could try the smartphone app, but I don't like watching matches in a small screen, so...

it might still work but cheap skates only program for later versions of hardware/software  and don't  ensure that they are backward compatible

43 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I tried logging on to my bristol sport account via a 2014 Samsung tvs web browser and I couldn't get past a captcha when I clicked to logon - clicking on the verify button had no effect. I'll see if there is an update for the browser under samsung apps. (I didn't get quite as far as that on my 2018 lg tv.  I don't think tv manufacturers care about web browsers!)

The latest Samsung OS is meant to be really good, but I didn’t buy my tv based on OS, so never researched this aspect of it.  I like Samsung and LG, so Basically bought the cheapest 43” 4k HDR tv I could get.  As I was about to buy it, Samsung had a 25% sale, and the model I was gonna buy, went out of stock.  Bummer....only for the next model up to be the same price with 25% off so I got the one-up.  I’m not a purist, but I can’t imagine how a tv 4 or 5 times as much can improve the picture much?

I digress.  The captcha was a bit temperamental in terms of ease of use, but I got past it although it took a while to then render the webpage.

10 minutes ago, semblar said:

The app when I downloaded it worked quickly. I had all kinds of error messages (posted elsewhere on Chrome browser, then when the website did connect it didn't work until I logged out and back in again. After that, it worked well. With the extra tests Thursday and Friday if needed,  there is at least a chance that we will get a good service on Saturday. I hope.

I do think anyone with issues should log off, go back in via BCFC webpage, login there, before heading over to Robinstv.

54 minutes ago, KentRed said:

Anyone recommend a decent free VPN?

What he said! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

40 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Windscribe 

I created two accounts on different emails so I had 10gb x 2!!  Never needed it, but with home and away in a short timescale, you never know.

When you are in I can recommend Canada (West Port) and Frankfurt.

@Davefevs Just to add, I tried the browser on my Samsung TV. Stream had finished but I logged in, got onto the website, and it cycled through to the screen where it says "no stream at the moment". So seems like a "success", although no actual stream. Again, not sure if it is anyway notable that I am 4,500 miles from Bristol but it might be relevant.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@Davefevs Just to add, I tried the browser on my Samsung TV. Stream had finished but I logged in, got onto the website, and it cycled through to the screen where it says "no stream at the moment". So seems like a "success", although no actual stream. Again, not sure if it is anyway notable that I am 4,500 miles from Bristol but it might be relevant.

That’s a good sign.  Worth downloading the Samsung Smart Things app, do you can use your iPad or phone as trackpad / keyboard.  Much easier to input your login details than with a tv remote.

Archived