IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Oooh, I think we have a matching sofa!

Unless of course, yours is comfortable. In which case, we don't. That'll teach me for being a DFS customer.

Yes, DFS, in a sale.....aren’t they always!!!

Comfyish.  

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if they allow multiple logins on same wired / wireless network / IP address?  Getting beyond my technical level here!  Will test again at some point

The old incarnation for those (ahem) abroad, let you log on to more than 1 device on a different network, I know that much. Never tested it on >2 though. 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

The old incarnation for those (ahem) abroad, let you log on to more than 1 device on a different network, I know that much. Never tested it on >2 though. 

Couldn’t be arsed to get up off my DFS sofa to get the tv remote ???

4B76167F-5AED-462B-9C4E-F3326961120F.jpeg

I've now had a response from AMG Support who have done something to my account to resolve the 'multiple profile' issue

Then this resulted in getting the authentication error in its place.

However this seems to be limited to Safari, I then tried to redeem on Chrome and it works.

So if your only issue is the cookie error, I would suggest using a different browser to redeem the code.

Fair play to AMG they sorted it swiftly

11 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Agggggghhhhhh. I am now receiving this when I tried to do it via the app. 

4251B02F-881B-4A8E-91E1-4FFC01F0DC91.thumb.png.b80ea53655cd3974dd77de3be1f3f391.png

Check your browser is up to date.  Is this on chrome or via App?

Did you try your Samsung TV?

My dad just got it working on a recent Sony Bravia 4k tv (bought one last 2 years).

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

I've now had a response from AMG Support who have done something to my account to resolve the 'multiple profile' issue

Then this resulted in getting the authentication error in its place.

However this seems to be limited to Safari, I then tried to redeem on Chrome and it works.

So if your only issue is the cookie error, I would suggest using a different browser to redeem the code.

Fair play to AMG they sorted it swiftly

Safari has never worked for me, in fact the old FAQS used to say to use Chrome.

Good news though.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Check your browser is up to date.  Is this on chrome or via App?

Did you try your Samsung TV?

My dad just got it working on a recent Sony Bravia 4k tv (bought one last 2 years).

Safari has never worked for me, in fact the old FAQS used to say to use Chrome.

Good news though.

So does Safari not even work for playback? Bit strange given the prevalence of Apple devices 

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, DFS, in a sale.....aren’t they always!!!

Comfyish.  

Took the Doris about 3 years to decide what she wanted, I'd lost interest by this time, pointing out that the cost of the sofa/footstool etc was less than we spend going to pubs and restaurants over a busy week, so just choose one.

Lumpy, too low and far too many cushions. But if I go with 10 feet of it with a kebab, I get the death state.

People are strange.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So does Safari not even work for playback? Bit strange given the prevalence of Apple devices 

Funny, but I’ve just got it working on safari on iPad?

and chrome on iPad?

Never worked on old Robinstv, had to use app.

Maybe in light of covid, they’ve made it more open?

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Funny, but I’ve just got it working on safari on iPad?

and chrome on iPad?

Never worked on old Robinstv, had to use app.

Maybe in light of covid, they’ve made it more open?

Yes I’ve also had the test video working on safari on iPad mini but City said this below when they provided the guide so I’m expecting that I may need to watch the actual matches through the app (it would be nice to have both options though in case the app crashes):

As per EFL regulations supporters wanting to watch matches live on a mobile device e.g. smartphone or tablet (i.e. an iPad), will have to download the Bristol City Official Club App on iOS or Android.

2 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Been trying on and off since yesterday and still getting this. Anyone else?

6214AA90-FD22-4540-8D97-C0AC03B53FEC.png

When I see this page I click login. You are then asked to login to your Bristol Sport account. Job done (assuming you have already redeemed your season ticket  voucher code on the website)

Seems to be playing OK on Safari on MacOS @Davefevs

Even AirPlays to the Apple TV, though I think I'll have to watch on the MacBook as you get a bit of stream lag where the video doesn't quite keep up with the audio at times ,which is a shame, but all in all not a bad result! I may even try nabbing the wife's work laptop and trying to HDMI it through my AVR to the TV and seeing if that works.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mods - please merge if you want.
D26959D5-399A-4C07-A831-6B78141EBEEB.thumb.jpeg.a3483f4a38cbec4f90010accd3112de2.jpeg

Good work tester number 4. You can go on your break now.

Dave which system gave you the best resolution?

I found MacBook via HDMI to TV was quite low res under the Robins TV system. On this one I’m finding the sound and vision are not synchronised well

thanks

• The title was changed to The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)
1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Are you a Lisa Knights superfan by any chance?

Well, seeing as you asked, she decided to follow me on Twitter this morning....I think it’s her doing the chasing ???

49 minutes ago, gordie said:

Hopefully a quick and easy question I have managed to sort out for iPhone but can I now watch it on my laptop, if I can how do I do that, ie do I have to enter the voucher code again or do I just need to log in as normal on robins tv

Seeing as you’ve now linked your free code to your account, all you should need to do is login on your laptop and it will recognise you are a free streamer!

33 minutes ago, fairweather said:

Good work tester number 4. You can go on your break now.

Dave which system gave you the best resolution?

I found MacBook via HDMI to TV was quite low res under the Robins TV system. On this one I’m finding the sound and vision are not synchronised well

thanks

If I’m being honest, iPad Pro using usbc / hdmi dongle and then hdmi to tv.  Seemed better than MacBook Pro using sane method.  No idea why, and less of a faff....although I extended desktop rather than mirror.

I will probably start off using the tv internet browser on Saturday with iPad at the ready as back up.

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

I e mailed the support people and was told that my voucher had been redeemed. I replied saying well that's lovely but my main concern is being able to actually watch the game and the test hadn't worked out as it kept erroring. 

Ive emailed the support people to say I havent received a code and have had no response

Archived