IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

17 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

I'm now being advised to create a new Bristol Sport account. Has anyone had any success doing this?  How can you set up a new account using an existing email address and does your profile transfer across to the new account?

I have just been told to do this too, using the same email address. It didn’t work as it said a Bristol Sport account already exists with that email address. I have just gone back to them, nothing yet.

This is way beyond frustrating now...

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can you just do a quick check that there are no chrome updates to install?  I’m on Mac so don’t know pc latest version

Appreciate the reply Dave, but I've tried everything. I've followed every instruction - and the vouchers did redeem! I've spent hours trying to sort this. I'm done. 

1 minute ago, Maldini said:

Appreciate the reply Dave, but I've tried everything. I've followed every instruction - and the vouchers did redeem! I've spent hours trying to sort this. I'm done. 

You got a smart phone or tablet, or even an Xbox ?  Best bet if not is to email the streaming support mailbox.  People are getting sorted via them.

On 17/06/2020 at 19:49, aa_bcfc said:

Exactly the same as me when trying on computer rather than ipad.

Quick question I seem to get it ok on my iPad but struggling to get it on my tv ? Is it because they are classed as two different devices 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You got a smart phone or tablet, or even an Xbox ?  Best bet if not is to email the streaming support mailbox.  People are getting sorted via them.

Really appreciate all your posts on this Dave I have been following them too and have been emailing back and forth with the support team but still no success. All browsers, O/S’s, devices tried but same issue.

3 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Quick question I seem to get it ok on my iPad but struggling to get it on my tv ? Is it because they are classed as two different devices 

Shouldn’t be....I e had 4 devices working at the same time.

Or do you mean mirror from iPad to tv?  Some tv’s don’t allow this, but you can connect a lightning > hdmi cable 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Shouldn’t be....I e had 4 devices working at the same time.

Or do you mean mirror from iPad to tv?  Some tv’s don’t allow this, but you can connect a lightning > hdmi cable 

No mate no mirroring involved will give it a try again many thanks dave

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With respect Dave are you on a wind up? 

I've emailed support on Wednesday and chased every day. I rang Supporter Services and got cut off after an hour. I've DMed Jerry on Twitter.

I now have one brand new account working (for my Dad), and one brand new one account that doesn't (for me). Did exactly the same thing with each account. 

16 hours ago, One Team said:

I now get that error myself after logging out and trying again! 

Well at least there is a few of us in this position so they must be well aware of it by now. 

25 minutes ago, One Team said:

I have just been told to do this too, using the same email address. It didn’t work as it said a Bristol Sport account already exists with that email address. I have just gone back to them, nothing yet.

Yep, as have I. Getting ridiculous now. 

1 minute ago, Maldini said:

With respect Dave are you on a wind up? 

I've emailed support on Wednesday and chased every day. I rang Supporter Services and got cut off after an hour. I've DMed Jerry on Twitter.

I now have one brand new account working (for my Dad), and one brand new one account that doesn't (for me). Did exactly the same thing with each account. 

Just trying to help. ??‍♂️

If you’ve followed the same for each account on the same devices, then no idea.

1 minute ago, James54De said:

Yep, as have I. Getting ridiculous now. 

I wonder if this is a hangover of when they introduced the app initially and there were lots of new logins and linked accounts were all over the shop.  I ended up unlinking all my kids supporter id’s across Football and basketball and gave them their own email, and relinked accounts.

All my emails from BS go to an email address, yet my BS sport account login is a Sky one.

36 minutes ago, One Team said:

I did it using a second gmail email I have. All fine except  I cannot then link it to my supporter id.  You need to input the ID - fine - and an old password I cannot remember.

If anyone knows how to overcome this that would be fantastic as I am currently waiting for a reply to an email querying this.

5 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

I did it using a second gmail email I have. All fine except  I cannot then link it to my supporter id.  You need to input the ID - fine - and an old password I cannot remember.

If anyone knows how to overcome this that would be fantastic as I am currently waiting for a reply to an email querying this.

This is the virtual equivalent of being locked out of the ground! 

Made a new account, but had to log in through the Bristol Sport website and follow it through to robins TV because the login button on the Robins TV website is broken. Didn't link my account to my supporter ID but put the code in, and it worked (So hopefully will be able to delete this second account when this is over to avoid having multiple accounts floating around). I now have access to the video of Lisa Knights so hopefully working. 

3 minutes ago, James54De said:

Made a new account, but had to log in through the Bristol Sport website and follow it through to robins TV because the login button on the Robins TV website is broken. Didn't link my account to my supporter ID but put the code in, and it worked (So hopefully will be able to delete this second account when this is over to avoid having multiple accounts floating around). I now have access to the video of Lisa Knights so hopefully working. 

This worked!  Thanks.

Never crossed my mind there was no need to link the new account to my Supporter ID.

8 minutes ago, James54De said:

Was that with a different email address mate? 

4 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

This worked!  Thanks.

Never crossed my mind there was no need to link the new account to my Supporter ID.

Did you try a different email address or the same one?

10 minutes ago, One Team said:

Was that with a different email address mate? 

Did you try a different email address or the same one?

Different email address.

Now if you will all be so kind as to stay logged out tomorrow my stream shouldn't crash for me.?

Just queued on the phone for over an hour, eventually got through and problem sorted.The guy stated that 2500+ phone calls & emails have been dealt with since last Friday.

The Bristol Sport website is not intuitive, its not fit for purpose at present. Problem is we have no alternative. Seems like it needs rebuilding from the ground up rather than just patching the existing system.

Archived