IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

4 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

Just queued on the phone for over an hour, eventually got through and problem sorted.The guy stated that 2500+ phone calls & emails have been dealt with since last Friday.

The Bristol Sport website is not intuitive, its not fit for purpose at present. Problem is we have no alternative. Seems like it needs rebuilding from the ground up rather than just patching the existing system.

What problem did you have, and how did they resolve it?  Might help others.

On 17/06/2020 at 23:54, And Its Smith said:

Windscribe 

On 18/06/2020 at 00:34, Davefevs said:

What he said! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

I created two accounts on different emails so I had 10gb x 2!!  Never needed it, but with home and away in a short timescale, you never know.

When you are in I can recommend Canada (West Port) and Frankfurt.

Hi AIS and Dave,

I am currently using a free version of HOLA, which seems adequate for my needs - football streams and SKY/BBC articles.

I understand that there is also a free version of Windscribe, but do you know whether it is really better than HOLA, given my basic needs, and, additionally, is it possible to download Windscribe and to use it alongside HOLA?

Thanks in advance for any useful advice.  

1 hour ago, Yozzarian said:

I did it using a second gmail email I have. All fine except  I cannot then link it to my supporter id.  You need to input the ID - fine - and an old password I cannot remember.

If anyone knows how to overcome this that would be fantastic as I am currently waiting for a reply to an email querying this.

Don't know if you're sorted, and don't know if this will help, but I seem to remember that the old passwords were your postcode, all lower case?

If you create a second / new Bristol Sport account, you don't have to link it to your supporter ID for Robins TV to work.

I have kept my original Bristol Sport account linked to my supporter ID to continue ticket purchase and future season card renewal.

The second / new account worked fine without linking supporter ID and I got into Robins TV and used my voucher code.

The site via my laptop now appears to be offline (I assume they may be doing a server update or similar) but I have logged in via the app on my phone, all working fine.

Just done an amazon order for an apple converter to HDMI to connect the phone to the TV tomorrow.

Hope that helps

Just now, italian dave said:

Don't know if you're sorted, and don't know if this will help, but I seem to remember that the old passwords were your postcode, all lower case?

Thanks Dave, but now that I have access to Robins TV on the new account i'm happy to leave as is.  I don't want to risk any further tinkering!

27 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hi AIS and Dave,

I am currently using a free version of HOLA, which seems adequate for my needs - football streams and SKY/BBC articles.

I understand that there is also a free version of Windscribe, but do you know whether it is really better than HOLA, given my basic needs, and, additionally, is it possible to download Windscribe and to use it alongside HOLA?

Thanks in advance for any useful advice.  

I’ve only ever used windscribe free.

I tried connecting my laptop at 7.30 without success using Chrome browser and Win 10 home edition 64 bit. I was able to connect using my IPhone via the City app . Up to now I’ve watched the live streams using laptop and thru my tv using hdmi connection . The error msg I was getting simply said “ Error fetching data” 

I watch from overseas (Spain)

2 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

Different email address.

Now if you will all be so kind as to stay logged out tomorrow my stream shouldn't crash for me.?

Finally got logged in now and it’s working through using a different email address!

Thats thanks to the people on this thread mind you not the useless tech support.

Thank you everyone. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What problem did you have, and how did they resolve it?  Might help others.

Hi Dave

I have a few season tickets and was trying to allocate a Robins TV voucher code to a friend. In the end it was simply easier to give my log in details to my friend as 2 devices (max) can be signed in at the same time. It was a lot easier than trying to allocate one of my supporter id numbers to friend. Hope this helps someone.

43 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Same here...have emailed the help email address..

I emailed but no response. Waited on phone for an hour and 45 minutes, got through and apparently AOL who I am with block business emails ? Which is why I didn't receive voucher. Lady gave me voucher number over phone and straight in. I'd Tweet Jerry like someone told me and ask him for help.

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

I emailed but no response. Waited on phone for an hour and 45 minutes, got through and apparently AOL who I am with block business emails ? Which is why I didn't receive voucher. Lady gave me voucher number over phone and straight in. I'd Tweet Jerry like someone told me and ask him for help.

I saw they said this in the test transmission tonight. Apparently AOL and tiscali prevent City emails arriving (without notification to City or the addressee) so if anyone hasn’t received a voucher and your email account is with either of them, best contact City by phone as you did. 

When I put my code in, it come up with the message ‘this voucher has already been used’. I entered it on my laptop yesterday and it seemed to work but it asked me to put it in again and now it doesn’t work? Anyone else have a similar issue and know how to solve it?

2 hours ago, eardun said:

I saw they said this in the test transmission tonight. Apparently AOL and tiscali prevent City emails arriving (without notification to City or the addressee) so if anyone hasn’t received a voucher and your email account is with either of them, best contact City by phone as you did. 

I'm AOL so yes that could well run true ..

52 minutes ago, Henryandrews said:

When I put my code in, it come up with the message ‘this voucher has already been used’. I entered it on my laptop yesterday and it seemed to work but it asked me to put it in again and now it doesn’t work? Anyone else have a similar issue and know how to solve it?

Are you sure it wasn’t just asking you to log into your Bristol Sport account again? I’ve not seen a message asking for a voucher but I do get the login request frequently. 

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Are you sure it wasn’t just asking you to log into your Bristol Sport account again? I’ve not seen a message asking for a voucher but I do get the login request frequently. 

Correct, once the voucher has been applied, you shouldn’t ever have to enter it again.  In effect it’s been activated on your account.

Login is all you should need to do.

49 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Can anyone give me an udiots guide to watching on my sons ps4 i have no idea where to start i have my voucher email and a ps4 .....

- Turn on the Ps4

- Now you will be on the PS dashboard, scroll across until you see Internet browser

- Go on to that and type in the City website.

- A box will appear at the bottom where it says ‘redeem code’

- Type your code in and redeem your voucher

That should be you done.

I noticed a strange thing: when I login from RobinsTV Page and I return to the OS homepage, I must do login again, whereas if I go to the Bristol Sports Page, login is OK (like in the RobinsTV Page): maybe a disjunction between the sites?

Then, the FAQs don't say what I have to do to listen to the audio commentary: clicking Listen Live on the RobinsTV page or entering the matchday page's on the OS and click on ''watch'' (obviously expecting only the audio feed)? Uhm... ?

Well, I hope it will work, one way or another... ?

Archived