IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

8 minutes to kick off is prime time for team selection analysis, thoughts on subs etc not for higher or lower. Think some of the timings of this can be ironed out for next few games hopefully 

Yes, as much as I approve that there are cameras on when Downsy interacts with children  I don't want to see it on a broadcast.

Hopefully they do much more with recap and reaction from the last game on the next broadcast.

15 minutes ago, redrob said:

Slightly annoying it's not in full (1080p) HD. 

It looks like it’s the feed from Blackburn is not HD. The Robins TV overlay looks HD to me.

It could be what City are doing to the feed to put the overlay on though. They used to have a problem of ruining the quality of Sky Sports coverage. Whenever they show action from Sky Sports games in our double season the quality is crap and have this over saturated look to it.

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

Mine has worked well.

Overall production has been ok but the commentary is doing my head in. The co commentator sounds like a star struck work experience kid. Surely an ex or current player would be better. 

Agreed commentary not great even I knew Hunt was on took them several minutes. 

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

Mine has worked well.

Overall production has been ok but the commentary is doing my head in. The co commentator sounds like a star struck work experience kid. Surely an ex or current player would be better. 

Toby is very good - usually he has a player to bounce off.  Today was media guy James Crawley.  Today their commentary was far too generous of the City players.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Toby is very good - usually he has a player to bounce off.  Today was media guy James Crawley.  Today their commentary was far too generous of the City players.

It’s my first experience of the commentary and I agree they were way too generous. The co commentator added no value or insight at all. 

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I’m on a laptop with Firefox and it’s behaving so far. You might need to update your adobe flash player, like it’s asking you to do. 

My Adobe is up to date.  I eventually was accepted by using Chrome.

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This Crawley chap. Seems he’s not even a City fan and has literally zero historical connection with the club. Previously worked on Swindon local papers and at Cheltenham Town. 
If they’re gonna just stick an employee in there, who knows eff all about our history, you might as well just stick a fan on there. Ole, Exiled Robin, someone from OSIB, anyone who could at least have some kind of emotional connection. 

22 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Couldn't get it to work using Firefox, thank god for Google Chrome.

Did anyone get it to work via their TV Internet Browser? I've got a 4K Samsung and could login ok but couldn't get it to play?

What Samsung TV have you got.  I’ve got Q Series (2019), worked perfectly today, not one buffer or break-up.  Shout if you have any Qs.

Archived