IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

9 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bought the game for a tenner.  Bit bored of everyone slagging off the club all the time.  Bit of perspective needed maybe 

I don’t have a problem with glitches last night.  That’s the point of a trial.  If the club don’t correct the glitches and things aren’t better on Saturday then I think everyone has every right to complain especially when this service is being offered instead of a substantial refund.

35 minutes ago, General Zod said:

I don’t have a problem with glitches last night.  That’s the point of a trial.  If the club don’t correct the glitches and things aren’t better on Saturday then I think everyone has every right to complain especially when this service is being offered instead of a substantial refund.

Completely agree

36 minutes ago, General Zod said:

You'll note that the club are still calling this a 'free' stream....

So when it goes pear shaped, they won't be on the hook for any cash compensation.

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You'll note that the club are still calling this a 'free' stream....

So when it goes pear shaped, they won't be on the hook for any cash compensation.

They will have another think coming if they don’t sort out the inability to redeem a code by Saturday. This ‘free’ service cost me £77 and so far no indication that I’ll be able to use it. 

I know each code is loosely associated to a supporter ID, but is there actually any validation between the code redemption and the supporter ID tied to the account. 

I.E is there anything stopping me creating a new Bristol Sport account with a different email address and trying to redeem the code on that email address, even though it’s not linked to my supporter ID?

This could be a workaround for the ‘multiple email address’ bug that many of us are having. 

15 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I'm no technophobe but here's my problem. I don't have a computer or laptop to plug into my tv, I don't have an ipad or tablet, my phone screen is too small to see anything, that's why I bought a 90inch tv! I live overseas and have an android box, can't get app from app store. Now how can I watch the game? Any suggestions welcome

There is a android version of the bristol city app, so should be able to download it.

I see you have a Firestick... install firefox and it works on there

6 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I’m getting this, what am I doing wrong? COYR

45746463-3A78-45B4-85D2-229733A18521.thumb.png.a38a1b5ef973f37db447ad98d16e1b31.png

Do you have any filters on (top left) that might impact?!

Is your iPad up to date iOS wise?  is it an older model, perhaps the app is not available on yours?

57 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I know each code is loosely associated to a supporter ID, but is there actually any validation between the code redemption and the supporter ID tied to the account. 

I.E is there anything stopping me creating a new Bristol Sport account with a different email address and trying to redeem the code on that email address, even though it’s not linked to my supporter ID?

This could be a workaround for the ‘multiple email address’ bug that many of us are having. 

I read somewhere (Twitter probably) that someone got Jerry to sort it by creating another account (different email) and then the code linked to that, or probably more likely, supporter Id linked to that email.

Worth contacting Jerry.

Otherwise, log out of app and / or BCFC webpage, switch off device, Switch on, log back in.

I heard issues of multiple logins causing problems.

I logged in yesterday to Mac, iPad, iPhone and tv....I think the tv one initially failed to work because I first got it working on Mac and iPad, and although logged in on tv pre-test, I think that login took me over the 2 limit.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I logged in yesterday to Mac, iPad, iPhone and tv....I think the tv one initially failed to work because I first got it working on Mac and iPad, and although logged in on tv pre-test, I think that login took me over the 2 limit.

I had it going last night on the phone, laptop & firestick - so the limit of 2 might be an urban myth. 

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Do you have any filters on (top left) that might impact?!

Is your iPad up to date iOS wise?  is it an older model, perhaps the app is not available on yours?

You sir are a hero! Needed an update! Now just got to get this code working. COYR

11 hours ago, Dan Robin said:

I used to buy single matches and watch them on my PC, but the new Robins TV's FAQ indicates Windows 8 as a minimum system requirement, and I still have Windows 7 installed. Did anyone try to test the new platform from a PC with the same operating system?

I could try the smartphone app, but I don't like watching matches in a small screen, so...

Works for me on Windows 7 with Chrome browser

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I read somewhere (Twitter probably) that someone got Jerry to sort it by creating another account (different email) and then the code linked to that, or probably more likely, supporter Id linked to that email.

Worth contacting Jerry.

Otherwise, log out of app and / or BCFC webpage, switch off device, Switch on, log back in.

I heard issues of multiple logins causing problems.

Thanks Dave, tried absolutely everything, Windows and Mac and no joy, getting the multiple account error, even on a brand new account with fictitious details.

Clearly a Bristol Sport issue, so I'm a bit powerless to do anything else, no reply or acknowledgement from Jerry or BCFC who just directed me to AMG support, who haven't yet got back to me...watch this space!

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Update your apps, they released an App update on Monday night.

Interestingly, this morning I tried the PC with Chrome - it worked. Still not working with Firefox which is my default browser. I assume this will still be the same in live mode.

As to the app, I'm confused. I have two versions concurrently on my iPhone and iPad - I haven't used them much. My recollection is that the "old" one is the one with the original new robin logo - just red and white. The "new" one has the full new Brentford like badge.

Now here's a thing - the old one is working fine and I managed to access the RobinsTV on it a minute ago. The new one won't work at all and I can't log in - it just says an error has occurred.

So - progress, but still far from comprehension.

Any ideas?

59 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Thanks Dave, tried absolutely everything, Windows and Mac and no joy, getting the multiple account error, even on a brand new account with fictitious details.

Clearly a Bristol Sport issue, so I'm a bit powerless to do anything else, no reply or acknowledgement from Jerry or BCFC who just directed me to AMG support, who haven't yet got back to me...watch this space!

Same here mate hope they get it sorted.

After the debacle of last night all now sorted.

Sent an email over to:  bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com
Explained the problems I was having
Took a couple of ping pong emails to resolve the problem
Now working on Mac and android tablet

I'll log in early on Saturday just in case there are any problems and this might give me time to get it resolved - hopefully this won't happen

Forgive me if this has been answered - I'm snowed under at work - but having chased and been given the code I am presented with the 'Multiple accounts exist for user' error message. I've emailed Jerry/SS about this but wondered if anyone had an explanation/solution already?  I've never used Robins TV before now so it is all new to me.  Thanks

Edit: I've looked back now and have stopped being lazy.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I had it going last night on the phone, laptop & firestick - so the limit of 2 might be an urban myth. 

Wonder if they allow multiple logins on same wired / wireless network / IP address?  Getting beyond my technical level here!  Will test again at some point.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

When you created account did you link supporter Id to new account?

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Interestingly, this morning I tried the PC with Chrome - it worked. Still not working with Firefox which is my default browser. I assume this will still be the same in live mode.

As to the app, I'm confused. I have two versions concurrently on my iPhone and iPad - I haven't used them much. My recollection is that the "old" one is the one with the original new robin logo - just red and white. The "new" one has the full new Brentford like badge.

Now here's a thing - the old one is working fine and I managed to access the RobinsTV on it a minute ago. The new one won't work at all and I can't log in - it just says an error has occurred.

So - progress, but still far from comprehension.

Any ideas?

That’s an interesting point.  I had two until recently.  Remember on one of my trips to ??  or ?? that Robinstv on the new app didn’t work, bit did on the old....subsequently got it working.

I only removed the old one over the weekend.

I wonder if some people are using the old one?

This is the new one:

823E69C7-0EBF-48AD-8EA5-2CAF62644CFF.jpeg

99ACF59B-057E-4A51-A778-083B502CD1DC.jpeg

7ED5DEF8-F45D-450D-AB8E-410F6D808F77.jpeg

B109C6BB-9E5B-4EB7-AB57-EF01E4A5F9AE.png

For info, just got 3 devices working at the same time.

Mac on home WiFi, iPad on home Wi-fi, iPhone on 4g.....wanted to test if one account could use more than one network, e.g. could I be watching at home, whilst Joe was out and about, or at someone else’s house.
DAC8B70E-C099-4A6C-8226-63C9478ACD58.thumb.jpeg.a34871e37c6eb86337cd1aeb1f13579e.jpeg
So the two devices is a bit of a myth!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For info, just got 3 devices working at the same time.

Mac on home WiFi, iPad on home Wi-fi, iPhone on 4g.....wanted to test if one account could use more than one network, e.g. could I be watching at home, whilst Joe was out and about, or at someone else’s house.
DAC8B70E-C099-4A6C-8226-63C9478ACD58.thumb.jpeg.a34871e37c6eb86337cd1aeb1f13579e.jpeg
So the two devices is a bit of a myth!

Oooh, I think we have a matching sofa!

Unless of course, yours is comfortable. In which case, we don't. That'll teach me for being a DFS customer.

Archived