IGNORED

The new streaming platform - RobinsTV (Merged)

Bristol Rob

On 13/06/2020 at 20:16, Bernard Lerring said:

Has anybody managed to watch Robins TV through amazon firestick at all?

I'd been assuming that you can just go through the web browser on there (Firefox i think) to log on, as you would on a laptop?

I'd rather not be trying to test this out at 2.55 next Saturday only to be disappointed! Thanks 

If you find out, please post on here as that is how I'm hoping to do it.

14 hours ago, JerrySLO said:

Several questions regarding casting this is the official line on this from the EFL

As per EFL guidelines iFollow/club's streaming will only be supported on desktop & mobile browsers and via official iOS / Android apps. It will not be available on Smart TV devices, nor will it support Chromecast & Airplay functionality.

That seems like a very strange EFL guideline :blink:

Ah well, HDMI cable to the TV it is then... 

For several years I have purchased season tickets for myself and two members of my family. One has received an email asking which of the 3 options he wishes to take up. I haven't received any email (and yes, I have checked my junk mail box). The other family member hasn't had any notification either.  

On checking the Bristol Sport website, it is clear that I am registered and so they have my email.

If I don't receive email correspondence, what confidence can I have that I will receive appropriate links to watch the remaining matches?

My previous experience of contacting the club over season ticket renewals has not been impressive. As someone who paid for shares when the club went bust and subsequently when there was another issue, I am content that I don't receive a refund and the money goes to the club (academy).... but... and this is a significant but... I want to know that I can watch the matches.

It's sooo frustrating I've been hanging on for an hour or so and am still 20th in the queue.  Ggggrrrhh!

18 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

For several years I have purchased season tickets for myself and two members of my family. One has received an email asking which of the 3 options he wishes to take up. I haven't received any email (and yes, I have checked my junk mail box). The other family member hasn't had any notification either.  

On checking the Bristol Sport website, it is clear that I am registered and so they have my email.

If I don't receive email correspondence, what confidence can I have that I will receive appropriate links to watch the remaining matches?

My previous experience of contacting the club over season ticket renewals has not been impressive. As someone who paid for shares when the club went bust and subsequently when there was another issue, I am content that I don't receive a refund and the money goes to the club (academy).... but... and this is a significant but... I want to know that I can watch the matches.

It's sooo frustrating I've been hanging on for an hour or so and am still 20th in the queue.  Ggggrrrhh!

Best bet is to tweet @bristolcityslo.  Jerry has been emailing links.

ignore that - see:

the link you need is in there.

1 hour ago, ooRya said:

Yep I have and quite successfully.

Download the Firefox app to use as the browser and then search for the normal website from which you can select Robins TV

You can enlarge the screen to full screen.

Picture looks pretty good!

23 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Yep I have and quite successfully.

Download the Firefox app to use as the browser and then search for the normal website from which you can select Robins TV

You can enlarge the screen to full screen.

Picture looks pretty good!

Have you been issued a password already then ? I just get the Robins TV Homescreen asking for a password

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Have you been issued a password already then ? I just get the Robins TV Homescreen asking for a password

No not a password yet - but have played the other videos so am assuming (hoping) they will be of the same quality.

It was easier and more efficient than using the Smart bit of the TV.

29 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Does anyone know what happens if you have already paid for a season of BCTV?

I had an Email from the club saying it will stay valid for the final matches, i would imagine for oversees customers only though 

1 hour ago, Snufflelufagus said:

So if Chromecast doesn't work can I assume the only way to get it on a normal size TV via a tablet is a HDMI cable?

Or, possibly (if you have an android device) using the Google Home app to screen mirror to Chromecast. (As opposed to casting directly from the RobinsTV broadcast). 

I will try and test this on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, sinenomine said:

Or, possibly (if you have an android device) using the Google Home app to screen mirror to Chromecast. (As opposed to casting directly from the RobinsTV broadcast). 

I will try and test this on Wednesday. 

Thanks if you could provide an update after ?

9 hours ago, ooRya said:

Have downloaded Firefox onto Fire Stick and logged into my account. Found page where you put the voucher number. Await test on Weds to see how good it actually is.

No option to login to Robinstv on safari (on iPad).  Robinstv app on iPad and iPhone works fine.  In fact highlights of Millwall worked on both at the same time!!  Assume that won’t be the case on Saturday!

On Mac using safari and chrome I can login into Robinstv but cannot access any highlights etc.

HDMI from Mac works fine.  The training video looks really good quality, the Southampton game not so.

As a test I have the later iPad Pro’s with usbc, which together with a dongle with hdmi out, connected successfully to my tv and played the Millwall highlights.  I also mirrored this to my Samsung TV.

Will retest each on Wednesday, especially the mirroring and hdmi out of iPad Pro....as I’m sure plenty of you might not have a pc / Mac and able to hdmi out to a bigger screen.

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

I downloaded the Firefox browser onto my 4k Firestick logged on to BCFC website went to City Player pressed watch now and a screen comes up saying "Streaming test Successful" so it looks like i'm good to go for Saturday :)

Were you “abroad” for your test?

i get this on “watch now”

image.thumb.png.a39ed102f66a32528b83b6ebe670f9cc.png

Just now, westonred said:

No i'm in the UK i logged into my Bristol Sport account went on to Robins TV there is a picture of Diedhiou saying watch now i clicked on that and a coloured test card comes up saying "Streaming Test Successful" 

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

No i'm in the UK i logged into my Bristol Sport account went on to Robins TV there is a picture of Diedhiou saying watch now i clicked on that and a coloured test card comes up saying "Streaming Test Successful" 

Did you have a password for that? Have people received their passwords yet?

Archived