IGNORED

u12 ST holder living in different home

sm2webb

My two nieces who are under-12  season ticket holders are a bit gutted.

The club article on 9 June when the fixtures were released said that ‘season card holders are reminded that they will be able to watch all of City’s remaining fixtures for free....on Robins TV’.  Good news and caused some excitement.

Today we are told that season card holders ‘under-12 will not be eligible for a live streaming pass’. 

Disappointed girls - they now don’t get one and they don’t live with me either. 

So the only way they’ll get to see games is by forking out another £10 each game, and this is despite them having season tickets!

I’m not happy about it and you can imagine how they must feel. It’s tough times and that sort of cash is not always readily available.

I wonder how many families this also affects where one parent takes the kids to city, but they live with the other parent.

@jerrySLO any chance of the club actually thinking things through, not assuming people all live in traditional family units all under one roof and not taking away the Robins TV pass that it had already said season card holders would receive?

I’d be grateful if you could feed this back to the club!

My grandson is 12 in July and has been a season ticket holder for 6 years which ment I had to pay over 12's  for next seasons season ticket even though when it was bought he was still 11. I am nearly 70 so have been in  lockdown from the start  of the virus and obviously he lives in another household so have been separated for all that time. I therefore think it is very unfair that he should miss out. I think the club need to think again.?

As a footnote.. The Under 12's are surely the future of BCFC so I cannot understand why the club want to exclude them.. 

40 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

My grandson is 12 in July and has been a season ticket holder for 6 years which ment I had to pay over 12's  for next seasons season ticket even though when it was bought he was still 11. I am nearly 70 so have been in  lockdown from the start  of the virus and obviously he lives in another household so have been separated for all that time. I therefore think it is very unfair that he should miss out. I think the club need to think again.?

As a footnote.. The Under 12's are surely the future of BCFC so I cannot understand why the club want to exclude them.. 

most of the staff are to young to realise that some season ticket holders not payers do not live in the same household as the person that pays for the ticket. I would hope they will realise this and amend accordingly but I don't hold out much hope.

There’s definitely an issue.

Im sure this issue is driven by money. (Like everything else) In short if everyone got a pass, then in my family for instance, one under-12 claims the pass and the rest of us claim refunds.

My uncle however, takes his 2 grandchildren and they won’t be able to watch the club they love. Both family’s have been keeping apart for obvious reasons.

The club needs to address this issue as a matter of urgency. It's simply not on to discriminate in this way.
I imagine there will be many disappointed children out there.
You can't let down our future fan base in this way, surely.

The ironic thing here is that U12s are the least likely group to have refunds claimed, both due to the small amount that would be due back, and because they are the ones who would be most excited about having their name on the kit under option 2. I get that it’s so people don’t use the U12 for streaming and claim a refund on the adult ticket, but surely a simple solution would be that no adult refund is given if an u12 chooses not to per linked account?

I am too having the same problem. 

I have a couple of questions, as I would like the option of having the name on the kit for the u12 option. However, is it likely that an u12 version of the kit will be produced for logistical reasons? 

Secondly, if I was to instead claim a credit, how does that affect the current season tickets I have bought for next year. Can I reduce that or is it better for me to claim a refund and put that towards robins tv as the u12 don’t receive that. 

The u12’s don't have a great deal of option  on this it seems  

1 hour ago, bcfczd said:

I am too having the same problem. 

I have a couple of questions, as I would like the option of having the name on the kit for the u12 option. However, is it likely that an u12 version of the kit will be produced for logistical reasons? 

Secondly, if I was to instead claim a credit, how does that affect the current season tickets I have bought for next year. Can I reduce that or is it better for me to claim a refund and put that towards robins tv as the u12 don’t receive that. 

The u12’s don't have a great deal of option  on this it seems  

They haven't actually said that a replica third kit will be available for general sale. They might not even get around to wearing it themselves!

Re second point, I don't think you can put against past purchases, otherwise that's what I'd have done too. I took a refund and will buy Robins tv on a per match basis (less any on Sky).

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They haven't actually said that a replica third kit will be available for general sale. They might not even get around to wearing it themselves!

Re second point, I don't think you can put against past purchases, otherwise that's what I'd have done too. I took a refund and will buy Robins tv on a per match basis (less any on Sky).

Very true, I’d imagine that they would make the kit for sale, I could only imagine what uproar that would cause. Either way I’m not too fussed, but if their selling it as an advantage I’d like the youngun to see it 

that makes sense Re the second point , I’ll either have to go for the refund or option 2. But will probably end up with option 2, as a pro rata refund for a u12 is not much 

The club has assumed that a majority of U12’s are children who live at home with the person they attend matches with. Therefore, to allow the U12 to have access means they can pass this on to someone who does not have a season card to have full benefit.

It’s a tough one but they surely need to do something in the situation highlighted in this thread. Young ones should not have to miss out on this. A lot of them have had it tough over the last few months with schools shut and not being able to mix with friends. They can’t be prevented from enjoying football as well.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Joe has decided to go for option 2.  Had not even considered they won’t make a version of the 3rd kit ???

That would be a serious own goal.  If it’s anything like the mock up in the email I could see it being very popular.

The club have a moral obligation  to make one  if not legal, they have after all offered a service for money.

23 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I get that it’s so people don’t use the U12 for streaming and claim a refund on the adult ticket, but surely a simple solution would be that no adult refund is given if an u12 chooses not to per linked account?

There's already a clause that states you can't use the U12 for streaming and claim a refund on the adult ticket, though:

What if we have different choices within our household?

If you are in a household of more than one and you select Option 1 or 2 combined with a Ticketing Credit or a pro-rata refund, your Option 1 or 2 selections will be applied to the most expensive Season Cards in the household. 

I don’t want to appear controversial but isn’t a season ticket for an under 12 only £50k? Pro rata therefore missing 5 games they are about £10 short..

If so in contrast to others they are hardly “out of pocket”, are they?

Get the issue of under 12s who doesn’t live with the ST holder that takes them & so don’t have a solution for that, but is it very many?

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I don’t want to appear controversial but isn’t a season ticket for an under 12 only £50k? Pro rata therefore missing 5 games they are about £10 short..

Get the issue of under 12s who doesn’t live with the ST holder that takes them & so don’t have a solution for that, but is it very many?

Slight typo there!

U12 season tickets are £50 in certain areas and £100 in others - I sit Dolman central and both of mine are £100 each. However, they also get the free shirt as well. With that in mind, I was never going to chase a refund for the kids’ tickets and, as said with their names being on the 3rd kit under option 2, both of mine straight away went for that in any case.

The tricky aspect here is that although at face value it should be easy for the club to identify U12s that don’t live with the adults from addresses on file - and with those I’d suggest that if the adult has taken a stream option a second code is automatically provided - there will be grandchildren etc where the addresses are kept as the grandparents for ease.

I get that the club don’t want people to get multiple codes and pass them around. A lot of the solution here relies therefore on honesty from us as a fan base so there is confidence any “extra code” system isn’t abused.

46 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Slight typo there!

U12 season tickets are £50 in certain areas and £100 in others - I sit Dolman central and both of mine are £100 each. However, they also get the free shirt as well. With that in mind, I was never going to chase a refund for the kids’ tickets and, as said with their names being on the 3rd kit under option 2, both of mine straight away went for that in any case.

The tricky aspect here is that although at face value it should be easy for the club to identify U12s that don’t live with the adults from addresses on file - and with those I’d suggest that if the adult has taken a stream option a second code is automatically provided - there will be grandchildren etc where the addresses are kept as the grandparents for ease.

I get that the club don’t want people to get multiple codes and pass them around. A lot of the solution here relies therefore on honesty from us as a fan base so there is confidence any “extra code” system isn’t abused.

Ha ha! Apologies..

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

⬇️

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Slight typo there!

Central Lansdown is £150.

I guess if Joe didn’t live with us (sometimes he’s on his xbox so much it’s like he doesn’t!!), I’d probably still put my address on his season card, so might not be able to tell who’s in the sane household.

Personally I think anyone that has a paid for ticket is entitled to a refund as a minimum, whether u12 or not.

edit - good point re free shirt for u12s.

6558068A-B93B-4B0D-B59D-6B19099A94C1.jpeg

On 14/06/2020 at 11:03, JerrySLO said:

Under 12 Season Cards is something I will raise tomorrow as it's the most asked question coming in to me. 

Any chance of getting the club to send emails to season ticket holders so that we can respond to the request to advise on which of the 3 options we wish to provide? I have a Bristol Sport account and so the club has my email address.

@JerrySLO Hi Jerry, can you let us know what happened when this was raised today please?

Nothing seems to be referred to about the position for u-12 ST holders being omitted from getting a steaming code in JL’s article or in emails the children received, which suggests they may now get it?  Is this change correct?

That said, neither does the article or the email actually say the club has changed it’s stance from what it previously announced, so it’s not actually clear either way!

Is there any update on this? I’m in the same situation so I emailed Supporters services, they got back to me this morning saying all the information is on the website. ??‍♂️

Is the fact that the new statement sent out yesterday didn’t have the asterisk saying no RTV pass for U12’s an indication that they will now get one?? 

I’d imagine the delay is because Jon is trying to work out how it is that people can possibly have children who live in another house. 
I mean, he did leave out the ‘love’ before, so ‘thinking like a normal fan’ is really quite alien to him. 

Archived