IGNORED

Sheffield Weds home

San Fran City

Is anyone thinking of being around the ground for it. I get that large groups of fans will be likely swarmed upon, but groups of six, presumably 2 meters apart, is permitted right? If it’s a sunny day, I would like to take a few cans in the park and watch the stream - keeping it above board obvs. Think we will see supporters around all clubs trying to create something, particularly if the game really hinges on something important, which could be all our reminding fixtures. No statues smashed, firms popping, park rocking.... unless we go out on pens..

1 hour ago, Meh said:

R rate is highest in South West. How? ?

Wasn't that R number wrong because of incorrect results from tests carried out that skewed the result overall for the Southwest, small inconsistencies like that can really make a difference when so few people overall have the virus generally in this region. I would imagine the R number was significantly below 1 in the majority of the region, though I'm no expert. 

100% understand the temptation to show up...

However- DON'T DO IT! In Germany they appear to have shown discipline, by and large, to stay away from the stadia though I've not been following that side of things so much but no reports of mass gatherings near or outside grouinds,

Just don't do it.

PS- I don't know this for a fact but read on two separate Tweets that fans in Germany have basically been told that if fans gather outside ground, risk of abandonment is high- perhaps a given.

I would urge supporters not to gather at or near to grounds, the biggest reason being the dreaded r factor in the south west and the risk of covid to not just yourself but spreading to others. The situation once games start is continually being reviewed by police/ clubs and the fa and their biggest worry is groups of fans gathering and risk of further spreading . 

police numbers are stretched everywhere in the uk at the moment and it would be great for football fans not to place more burden on policing at this very torrid time.

I absolutely understand the desire and passion to be near the ground but be aware game by game is being reviewed and ongoing discussions after each game are planned to take place by fa and those in charge , please don’t gather , stay home and stay safe until we can all come safely back to football 

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think ashton park will be busy that day

A few hundred people are sure to be want near the ground.

The problem could escalate as the season draws to a close and your still in with a chance of the play offs and away fans start doing travelling and loitering in the ssme areas home fans are 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I would urge supporters not to gather at or near to grounds, the biggest reason being the dreaded r factor in the south west and the risk of covid to not just yourself but spreading to others. The situation once games start is continually being reviewed by police/ clubs and the fa and their biggest worry is groups of fans gathering and risk of further spreading . 

police numbers are stretched everywhere in the uk at the moment and it would be great for football fans not to place more burden on policing at this very torrid time.

I absolutely understand the desire and passion to be near the ground but be aware game by game is being reviewed and ongoing discussions after each game are planned to take place by fa and those in charge , please don’t gather , stay home and stay safe until we can all come safely back to football 

I think you (as a police force) have lost that argument with the complete lack of policing and control measures for protests the last few weeks (on both sides). 

So you will sit in the park and watch the game on your phone? You'd then occasionally glance up to see the houses or top of the stand? I'm not quite sure how that is enchancing your match day experience ? Actually you've now given me a great idea for later today. Im going to download some films take my tablet with me, and sit outside in the carpark outside Vue cinemas to enhance my viewing experience of the films.

Just humour me and imagine.... imagine the Atyeo stand had never been built so that the houses behind could still watch the game (ok, not the houses but the humans inside). 

Consequently, the owners could make a few pounds by renting out a window for fans to watch.

I seem to remember that the Park End houses only saw three quarters of the pitch? Maybe you'd have to clamber onto the roof (risk assessment plus health and safety documentation obviously will be provided by owners) for a better view? This could affect the pricing of the 'match day ticket' on offer. 

Which leads to the inevitable question, how much would Otibers be prepared to pay on matchday for a window view?

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

I don’t think we’ll see fans outside the ground for the league games - I think if the Preston game becomes vital for a play off spot then maybe there may be small groups. I fear your colleagues in Liverpool will have big problems 

11 hours ago, San Fran City said:

Is anyone thinking of being around the ground for it. I get that large groups of fans will be likely swarmed upon, but groups of six, presumably 2 meters apart, is permitted right? If it’s a sunny day, I would like to take a few cans in the park and watch the stream - keeping it above board obvs. Think we will see supporters around all clubs trying to create something, particularly if the game really hinges on something important, which could be all our reminding fixtures. No statues smashed, firms popping, park rocking.... unless we go out on pens..

Are you from Nob hill by any chance ?

10 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Just humour me and imagine.... imagine the Atyeo stand had never been built so that the houses behind could still watch the game (ok, not the houses but the humans inside). 

Consequently, the owners could make a few pounds by renting out a window for fans to watch.

I seem to remember that the Park End houses only saw three quarters of the pitch? Maybe you'd have to clamber onto the roof (risk assessment plus health and safety documentation obviously will be provided by owners) for a better view? This could affect the pricing of the 'match day ticket' on offer. 

Which leads to the inevitable question, how much would Otibers be prepared to pay on matchday for a window view?

Live football is all about the social aspect and atmosphere.

If those aren't there, then may aswell just watch it on the streaming channels, until we're allowed back. 

The more ways people try and find to wriggle around the rules, the longer it will take for us to be allowed back in. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Live football is all about the social aspect and atmosphere.

If those aren't there, then may aswell just watch it on the streaming channels, until we're allowed back. 

The more ways people try and find to wriggle around the rules, the longer it will take for us to be allowed back in. 

Good points well made, BS3. But if one of the houses included a Thatcher's plus a Pie at half-time, wouldn't you be tempted?

13 hours ago, pillred said:

Wasn't that R number wrong because of incorrect results from tests carried out that skewed the result overall for the Southwest, small inconsistencies like that can really make a difference when so few people overall have the virus generally in this region. I would imagine the R number was significantly below 1 in the majority of the region, though I'm no expert. 

R is calculated on many factors, and a balance of multiple models used to give the final UK and now, regional values.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

The situation once games start is continually being reviewed by police/ clubs and the fa and their biggest worry is groups of fans gathering and risk of further spreading .

I absolutely understand the desire and passion to be near the ground but be aware game by game is being reviewed and ongoing discussions after each game are planned to take place by fa and those in charge ,

Apart from the obvious public health messages and strain on police, these bits, from a football POV are very salient.

Comes as no surprise that there are and will be regular, game by game reviews.

Football will have had to return under tight and fairly stringent conditions I'd have thought. Plus as you say, regular and ongoing reviews.

4 hours ago, S25loyal said:

I think you (as a police force) have lost that argument with the complete lack of policing and control measures for protests the last few weeks (on both sides). 

Sensible policing not lack of policing. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

R is calculated on many factors, and a balance of multiple models used to give the final UK and now, regional values.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk

Interesting reading most if not all regions show a median of less than 1 so good news, what I was alluding to was that in say Pill or Portishead the R figure will likely be lower than say Weston Super Mare where there is a much larger influx of people (day trippers etc) from outside the region, to be honest I feel pretty safe here where I live and have heard of no cases in the village and believe me with the village grapevine I would have. That's not a reason to get complacent though and as I am married to someone who is severely at risk I cant be too careful.

Archived