IGNORED

Sheffield Weds home

San Fran City

16 hours ago, San Fran City said:

Is anyone thinking of being around the ground for it. I get that large groups of fans will be likely swarmed upon, but groups of six, presumably 2 meters apart, is permitted right? If it’s a sunny day, I would like to take a few cans in the park and watch the stream - keeping it above board obvs. Think we will see supporters around all clubs trying to create something, particularly if the game really hinges on something important, which could be all our reminding fixtures. No statues smashed, firms popping, park rocking.... unless we go out on pens..

Surely it would be a better idea to go up to Blackburn on Saturday, sit outside Ewood Park for the afternoon, and maybe stay there until the football season is over:grr:

6 hours ago, S25loyal said:

I think you (as a police force) have lost that argument with the complete lack of policing and control measures for protests the last few weeks (on both sides). 

Exactly, if thousands of city fans went marching around town there would be arrests all over the place

Exactly, if thousands of city fans went marching around town there would be arrests all over the place

3 hours ago, pillred said:

Interesting reading most if not all regions show a median of less than 1 so good news, what I was alluding to was that in say Pill or Portishead the R figure will likely be lower than say Weston Super Mare where there is a much larger influx of people (day trippers etc) from outside the region, to be honest I feel pretty safe here where I live and have heard of no cases in the village and believe me with the village grapevine I would have. That's not a reason to get complacent though and as I am married to someone who is severely at risk I cant be too careful.

Got you ??

11 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think ashton park will be busy that day

A few hundred people are sure to be want near the ground.

Why would people want to be near the ground though? So they can watch the players drive past in their cars? Weird 

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

It’s been a tough couple of weeks , been nice to come on here and on the whole get positive feedback and comments , thank you ? 

Piffle... the Police had to upload the law and did not. It was criminal damage in broad daylight, it was not strategic it was bordering on mutiny. The Police should not involve themselves in politics, just uphold the law for the citizens who voted to keep the statue.

5 hours ago, Malmesburyrobin said:

Thousands did, the season city got promoted, all around bedminster , Ashton and the city centre, no issues at all ??

1 hour ago, Blackbird1 said:

Piffle... the Police had to upload the law and did not. It was criminal damage in broad daylight, it was not strategic it was bordering on mutiny. The Police should not involve themselves in politics, just uphold the law for the citizens who voted to keep the statue.

they haven't gone digital yet still like to feel a coller. 

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Please enlighten me old sock

Well my good ol' city colleague, if there was ever a sign.... look to your original post re above and see who was the next poster!

Just sayin' but if you went to Ashton Park during the Sheff Wed game, Julie H in her job capacity, would have to come to said venue to make sure you weren't misbehaving. Julie knows your shirt wardrobe so she would recognise you straight away. 

Now tell me that isn't one good reason, maybe the only good reason, for going to the park that day!

7 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Well my good ol' city colleague, if there was ever a sign.... look to your original post re above and see who was the next poster!

Just sayin' but if you went to Ashton Park during the Sheff Wed game, Julie H in her job capacity, would have to come to said venue to make sure you weren't misbehaving. Julie knows your shirt wardrobe so she would recognise you straight away. 

Now tell me that isn't one good reason, maybe the only good reason, for going to the park that day!

As much as I would love to see the 2020 shirt collection, I am sure our long awaited meeting can wait ?????

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Julie, some feedback.

Ive seen 3 alsation dogs, clear roughly 500 people from ashton park in the past.

Thank god you guys dont do that anymore!

On a serious note, do you think ashton road will be busy that day?

I really hope not, myself and my boss have told those who make those decisions that there is almost no risk of bcfc fans turning up , fingers crossed ? 

If you turn up to stand around the stadium on match day, then quite frankly, you're a prat.

I expect that any gaps where you can see through to the pitch (if there actually any left) will be boarded/sheeted over so nobody is "tempted" to have a quick peak. 

It won't be shown on the big screen, won't be shown in bars so the point is what?

I suggest that anybody hanging around is thrown in a cell for 24 hours. The message will soon get around.

9 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Yes, I take your point and am on my way to take up position.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I really hope not, myself and my boss have told those who make those decisions that there is almost no risk of bcfc fans turning up , fingers crossed ? 

Julie my beloved, I have a question for you regarding something that is playing on my mind.  It's probably that I have been in lockdown for far too long to think of it but here goes.

If during a protest or (heaven forbid) a riot, what happens when your colleague arrives with Fido in tow and said mutt decides it needs to "do it's business". Does your colleague do the right thing and pooper scoop and responsibly dispose of the bumper bundle ?

Tone, i have saw something along those lines.

I saw a fan at blackpool, pick up some horse manure,

He then shook a coppers hand who was wearing nice leather gloves, and told him what a great job he had done that afternoon.

There was steam coming off his gloves, he took it in good sprits though.

13 hours ago, BigTone said:

Julie my beloved, I have a question for you regarding something that is playing on my mind.  It's probably that I have been in lockdown for far too long to think of it but here goes.

If during a protest or (heaven forbid) a riot, what happens when your colleague arrives with Fido in tow and said mutt decides it needs to "do it's business". Does your colleague do the right thing and pooper scoop and responsibly dispose of the bumper bundle ?

A very odd question but I understand from speaking to the Fido handlers they are always prepared with little green bags . The lovely pooches are walked  to do their business prior to any match deployment ( thankfully) . 

Thinking about it, not that I endorse it- having re-read the OP properly- I don't endorse it but half a dozen in the park with a can or two- interested to know what rule that would breach. 

Walking through green spaces, how much difference is there really? You see groups of 5-6 on sunny days, commonplace!

On 15/06/2020 at 08:17, Taz said:

If you turn up to stand around the stadium on match day, then quite frankly, you're a prat.

I expect that any gaps where you can see through to the pitch (if there actually any left) will be boarded/sheeted over so nobody is "tempted" to have a quick peak. 

It won't be shown on the big screen, won't be shown in bars so the point is what?

I suggest that anybody hanging around is thrown in a cell for 24 hours. The message will soon get around.

Harsh we are going down for the Cardiff game in a group of 20+ with a few cans of cider each 

We will be outside the ground cheering the lads on trying to create an atmosphere.

18 minutes ago, boatman said:

Harsh we are going down for the Cardiff game in a group of 20+ with a few cans of cider each 

We will be outside the ground cheering the lads on trying to create an atmosphere.

They won't hear you so what is the point

23 minutes ago, boatman said:

Please tell me your joking .... 

Archived