IGNORED

Final table predictions

JamesBCFC

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Had a go here.

Having looked at our points afterwards, now think I was too optimistic for us, and harsh of Forest. Though I tried to be as unbiased as I could, I also put in a couple of results that may not be expected per se.

Here's the table I got.

20200614_083345.jpg

Cheers for sharing .
I must be still drunk from last night as we came out joint 5th and 10 points  ahead of Preston  !

55 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So long as we finish one place above where we are now, I shall be happy.

We have a squad that is capable providing that the management is.

No excuses for me now - Afobe , Wells and Diedhiou we have the fire power 

32 minutes ago, daored said:

No excuses for me now - Afobe , Wells and Diedhiou we have the fire power 

I think our real problem has been keeping them out at the other end of the pitch.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I think our real problem has been keeping them out at the other end of the pitch.

But we have enough quality in the rest of the squad to be solid defensively - plus smith back which is huge in my opinion

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So long as we finish one place above where we are now, I shall be happy.

We have a squad that is capable providing that the management is.

If we finish two places above where we are now, will you be unhappy? ?

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just seen this:

ED750587-D1A4-464B-BD33-E1773FA11CB2.thumb.png.31aaf18b3230bcb86ff18c1ec500c0a7.png

I thought Barnsley fans said they have a favourable run in?

Millwall’s run-in is a concern.

Ourselves, Millwall and Leeds (not that we're competing with them any more, but could be important for the title) certainly seem to have the easier run ins of the top half sides.

On 15/06/2020 at 14:54, Davefevs said:

Just seen this:

ED750587-D1A4-464B-BD33-E1773FA11CB2.thumb.png.31aaf18b3230bcb86ff18c1ec500c0a7.png

I thought Barnsley fans said they have a favourable run in?

Millwall’s run-in is a concern.

Thanks for sharing. I think the sheer volume of games to be played will mean that for those last 4/5 games, teams might be rotating heavily and all sorts of crazy scoreline could be possible. 

To your point though, Millwall and Preston have the goal difference advantage too though.

There's no point City being tentative now. We need goals and wins. We've just got to go for it all guns blazing. 

10 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

We do, our last 3 games could be meaningless for our opponents. Leeds could be up, Forest and Brentford already in the playoffs and resting players, the one other team we’ve got that’s in the top 8 is Millwall, we’ve already beat them away this season, 3 teams that’s in the relegation dog fight with us and a couple with nothing to play for. And we’ve won 3 of our last 5 so things were starting to come together, this mid season preseason might’ve come at the perfect time for us. 

Those 3 blue ones are huge 6-pointers.  I don’t mind Barnsley in fairness.  Quite happily see Stoke dragged right into it!

48 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

The problem we’ve got is we can’t sting two passes together, but the managers we’ve had this season desperately want to play out from the back, because it’s the in thing at the moment, but our fans know we’re terrible at it, so get on the players backs booing and getting angry, and giving them loads of stick, so they stopped doing it, knowing the first mistake they make the pressure from the fans would be too much for our young team, and results picked up, but now the fans aren’t going to be there to keep them in line, and stop them being bell ends, our captain as already said they’re intent on trying to play a way they’re not good enough to, so fixtures are probably least of our worries. 

I do like the way Chaplin and Brown played together in your 4diamond2 at our place.

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Going forward we’ve got some really good players, I know you lot don’t and won’t ever rate Woodrow, but for a bloke playing behind two strikers he’s very prolific for us, he’s a real handful for the opposition, and he links up perfectly with Chaplin and Brown. These two have a great understanding, the best thing about them, is because they’re slight and quick, they can play in each other’s space, they seem to be within a couple of yards of each other all the time, which means the centre half’s have to be close together too, which creates all kinds of problems for the defenders, and they run rings round them at times, tying them in knots, but they can always stretch out wide and be creative for Woodrow if needed, they both deserve to be at a bigger budget club in my opinion. 

Sounds like we may have not got the best out of Cauley Woodrow then.  Seems like he might be better playing behind a 2 up top.  That might be a bit too confusing for LJ though as it involves thinking outside the box.  Always felt he had something, but didn't seem to quite fit our style of play.

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Going forward we’ve got some really good players, I know you lot don’t and won’t ever rate Woodrow, but for a bloke playing behind two strikers he’s very prolific for us, he’s a real handful for the opposition, and he links up perfectly with Chaplin and Brown. These two have a great understanding, the best thing about them, is because they’re slight and quick, they can play in each other’s space, they seem to be within a couple of yards of each other all the time, which means the centre half’s have to be close together too, which creates all kinds of problems for the defenders, and they run rings round them at times, tying them in knots, but they can always stretch out wide and be creative for Woodrow if needed, they both deserve to be at a bigger budget club in my opinion. 

You’ve not been on here that long have you?

Might be worth going back through this forum to summer 2017, cough, cough, I’m the man who said City should sign Woodrow (from what I’d seen at Burton and Fulham)!!!  And then they did....apart from Johnson never picked him!  I’d also watched a fair bit of Diedhiou at Angers before he came here that summer too.

I’m Woodrow’s only fan on here. ? I’m not at all surprised he’s done well for you, he’s very capable at this level.

9 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I actually like your centre backs. I reckon they've got a good future, although obviously there have been some issues.

It's an interesting 9 game competition, with it being a mini tournament, with some clubs having a easier set of fixtures than others.  It would be good to have a bet as to who will have the most points over the nine games scheduled?   Having looked at the fixtures, I would have a tentative few quid on Millwall being top of the pile over the 9 games, (could be enough to get them in the play offs?)  Anyone else care to hazard a guess who will end up with the most points over this mini season, with 27 points up for grabs?

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

It's an interesting 9 game competition, with it being a mini tournament, with some clubs having a easier set of fixtures than others.  It would be good to have a bet as to who will have the most points over the nine games scheduled?   Having looked at the fixtures, I would have a tentative few quid on Millwall being top of the pile over the 9 games, (could be enough to get them in the play offs?)  Anyone else care to hazard a guess who will end up with the most points over this mini season, with 27 points up for grabs?

Anything could happen. We can still win the League comfortably !

15 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

They’re absolutely massive now, we’re on a fantastic run of form, but it’s got to continue. We’ve kept 6 clean sheets in the last 8 games, contributing to 5 wins and a draw. Which is astonishing for a team scrapping for their lives, but it’s got to continue. 

I hope you do it mate. 

Cant interest you in a new manager can we? We’ve got a really great one. 

Archived