IGNORED

What option did you take?

Meh

What option did you choose   

384 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Refund here, I have given up with a season ticket for the first time in years as it just got to the point where I stopped really enjoying it (from the parking to the football itself). I will do a few more away games if I can get tickets, and I was going to take the credit option as I will still do a few home games next season, but the way Bristol Sport act, I just get the impression of losing leftover credit if it doesn't add up exactly to the cost of purchasing tickets etc.

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Option 2.

A refund would have been about £77. It'll cost £70 to purchase all games to watch, so for the sake of £7 it was just a lot less hassle to take that option rather than a refund. 

Option 1. It`s not worth the hassle to save a fiver (I appreciate that only applies if you have a ST in the SS). Since I won`t be having to travel 120 miles each way either it`s a pretty good deal IMO (I`d rather be in my seat but it is what it is).

10 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

4) Why swap a refund worth £115 for a streaming service worth £70 (2 games on Sky) I will pay for the few games that appeal to me and put the rest of the money away towards tickets in the future.

Exactly this

10 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Option 2.

A refund would have been about £77. It'll cost £70 to purchase all games to watch, so for the sake of £7 it was just a lot less hassle to take that option rather than a refund. 

If the stream works!

Option 1, just about happy with the live stream, if it works.

If I really wanted a good old OTIB moan I'd say my (Lansdown stand) refund would probably have been 30 odd quid more than the SS , thought they'd chuck in half a dozen pints of Thatchers to go with the live stream to make up the difference ?

Option 1 - wasn’t expecting and didn’t need any money back. I’m happy for City to put my share towards the academy so more good players can come through. 

Most people have moaned or said they wished they could do more to help City, but when the chance came majority wanted money in the own back pocket. Let’s see if they moan next time Lansdown supposedly dosnt put his own hand in his pocket next time......... 

Refund option 4. I intend to pay for the remaining games, but if/when we lose our first 4 and slump to 11th with no chance of play offs then I'll be relieved not to feel obliged to watch.

Also, partly took refund option through spite after being treated poorly by the club, being left in the dark for so long. 

I went for Option 1. The other ST holder in the house went for Option 2. Means we have 2 Robins codes and being in the Lansdown we are financially worse off than those in the Dolman and SS.. 
I’ve  watched 18 games at home , if I didn’t have a season ticket that could have cost me e£30 a match so £540. My season ticket cost £514 so I’m already in credit, and that’s without the travel costs probably another £90 . Yes I can be smug because I’ve continued to work during this crisis and many people haven’t, but I think eventually the club have come to a reasonable selection of options  and I’m happy to help in someway to maintain our academy, when many other clubs are getting rid of theirs.

Option 4 for our 3 season cards. 

Would probably have opted for 1, had the club treated us all with more respect.

Love our club, but can’t stand the way the current board views and communicates with the fans. This is just the latest example in a long list.

It took a while for many to get over the way they treated families and disabled supporters with the season ticket pricing and this is another perfect example of how far removed and lacking in empathy the owners truly are. Billionaire owners furloughing it’s day to day staff is yet another and they’re lucky the media didn’t make more of this.

Welcome their apology, but I wonder how many have opted for a refund, rather than leaving their cash with the club because of their actions? 

I know this is a small sample but it wouldn’t surprise me if the percentages are fairly representative of the fan base. If anything, a small number of SC holders who might otherwise have opted for options 1-3 will have been sufficiently peeved to have taken a refund instead.

So if around 75% of people were going to leave the money with the club anyway there wasn’t much need for the slimy marketing and PR foul-up.

Any other business would lose customers to the competition if it treated them like this - Ryanair, anyone? But football isn’t like other businesses: we can’t just go to a competitor if we don’t like the service or the offering. And most of us probably won’t decide to do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

But we can decide not to be involved in other ways. I still enjoy going to games, but I feel “semi-detached” from the club. I very rarely have a beer in the ground these days and haven’t bought anything from the shop for years.

I wonder how much “incidental” business the club loses as a result of these PR OGs.

4 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Any other business would lose customers to the competition if it treated them like this - Ryanair, anyone?

Not sure you could have picked a worse example to be honest! They constantly treat their customers like rubbish, yet everyone keeps using them.

Lansdown Central refund. Beer money and Sky will show a couple games. I have the flexibility to buy a stream if I feel like it and if they make the playoffs, it'll be on Sky anyhow.

As far as I'm concerned, Steve Lansdown wipes his arse with more than the £130+ refund that I'll receive.

All of my friends/family that I sit with have gone for the refund.

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure you could have picked a worse example to be honest! They constantly treat their customers like rubbish, yet everyone keeps using them.

no they don't on my blocklist ie company's that piss me off.

Refunded too. I  have chosen ‘option 4’ due to personal financial circumstances.

Although not applicable for me, I feel that the club could have offered slightly more in tempting people towards the other three options. It didn’t need to be a large financial gesture.

Archived