IGNORED

"Crowdies" - Leeds sell 15,000 - Now City's are on sale

Denbury Red

I was listening to Chris Moyles this morning and he mentioned that Leeds have sold over 15000 “Crowdies” - these are the Cardboard cut outs of fans - with your face in the crowd, for all their home games.

Any Leeds fan can buy one for £25 with the money going to their Academy (charity status) - whether they are a season ticket holder or not?

Could or should we have included this option - it really seems to have gone down well with their supporters!

Think we may well have missed a trick here. 

7 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

I was listening to Chris Moyles this morning and he mentioned that Leeds have sold over 15000 “Crowdies” - these are the Cardboard cut outs of fans - with your face in the crowd, for all their home games.

Any Leeds fan can buy one for £25 with the money going to their Academy (charity status) - whether they are a season ticket holder or not?

Could or should we have included this option - it really seems to have gone down well with their supporters!

Yep we should've done it too. Seems a cool little revenue stream. I'd have thought our marketing/social media team would've been all over something like this as they love gimicky stuff.

I'd probably buy one for a bit of a laugh, but not at £25.

The ones they've been doing in other countries have cost much less iirc.

Would be a good keepsake of these times if you got it back afterwards - my family would welcome a permanent large picture of me in a prominent position in the house, I'm sure.

40 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

I seem to remember Cheltenham got a similar thing going when they knew they would be in the play-offs, think it was on Points West a few weeks ago. The best one was the one of Dominic Cummings (remember him?) at an Australian rugby match!

Hitler appeared in a German crowd.

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

I'm not sure that they have 'sold' 15,000. One of these, plus a £50 store credit and the match streaming service was their 'Option 1' for season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

I seem to remember Cheltenham got a similar thing going when they knew they would be in the play-offs, think it was on Points West a few weeks ago. The best one was the one of Dominic Cummings (remember him?) at an Australian rugby match!

You sure he wasn’t actually there testing his eyesight? COYR 

46 minutes ago, foghornred said:

I would have bought one and so would a lot of others,wonder if we did miss a trick while thinking of ways to keep our money.

I agree - and whilst it was part of one of their “options” which would have accounted for a significant number of the “Crowdies” they are offering them to all supporters as a stand-alone offer. 

Id be fairly confident in saying this would have swayed many to leaving their money with the club if we had offered something like this as part of our “options”.

3 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

The SC&T put a proposal to the club, whereby fans would be offered larger than life cut-outs at 1894p each with everything above the net cost going to charity. They didn't take us up on the idea.

Honestly I really dispair at fan engagement at our club, not just some of the time, but most of the time. 

The email that was sent, at 5pm don't forget on a Friday, where people had to choose 4 options with 1 of those options being unfavourable to the club, so they hid it amongst small print, with the idea that if you do nothing by Tues, the club will keep your money. 

Yet our supporters trust put forward an idea, not unique, but unique for our club in this current climate, something that could get fans laughing, joking and getting involved in raising a bit of money for CHARITY, not the club, the club is a multi million pound business, they certainly don't need our charity when players are taking home £15,000+ a week, and yet this fun, silly, but fun idea gets snubbed. 

And instead we got given the shite patronising email (if you want a refund you're not a real fan 'legend' etc). 

I do wonder who makes these decisions at the club, why did they turn it down? Good opportunity wasted to raise some money for those who really need it, charity and to have a positive fan reaction, but instead just feels like our PR department has shot themselves in the foot again. Such a shame 

• Admin
8 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

I'm not sure that they have 'sold' 15,000. One of these, plus a £50 store credit and the match streaming service was their 'Option 1' for season ticket holders.

We are simply light years apart 

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Akira said:

Honestly I really dispair at fan engagement at our club, not just some of the time, but most of the time. 

The email that was sent, at 5pm don't forget on a Friday, where people had to choose 4 options with 1 of those options being unfavourable to the club, so they hid it amongst small print, with the idea that if you do nothing by Tues, the club will keep your money. 

Yet our supporters trust put forward an idea, not unique, but unique for our club in this current climate, something that could get fans laughing, joking and getting involved in raising a bit of money for CHARITY, not the club, the club is a multi million pound business, they certainly don't need our charity when players are taking home £15,000+ a week, and yet this fun, silly, but fun idea gets snubbed. 

And instead we got given the shite patronising email (if you want a refund you're not a real fan 'legend' etc). 

I do wonder who makes these decisions at the club, why did they turn it down? Good opportunity wasted to raise some money for those who really need it, charity and to have a positive fan reaction, but instead just feels like our PR department has shot themselves in the foot again. Such a shame 

Yes, a real shame.

I would love a cardboard cut out facing the cameras in the lower Dolman.

It would look fantastic for however many days it was before it rained.

I would then have a paper mache blob. Would intimidate the #### out of the away team.

Archived