IGNORED

"Crowdies" - Leeds sell 15,000 - Now City's are on sale

Denbury Red

14 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

The SC&T put a proposal to the club, whereby fans would be offered larger than life cut-outs at 1894p each with everything above the net cost going to charity. They didn't take us up on the idea.

That's actually a really nice idea. I think if that was an option, especially if it was a charity people are aware of like CHSW, that would've been the most popular option.

10 hours ago, Akira said:

Honestly I really dispair at fan engagement at our club, not just some of the time, but most of the time. 

The email that was sent, at 5pm don't forget on a Friday, where people had to choose 4 options with 1 of those options being unfavourable to the club, so they hid it amongst small print, with the idea that if you do nothing by Tues, the club will keep your money. 

Yet our supporters trust put forward an idea, not unique, but unique for our club in this current climate, something that could get fans laughing, joking and getting involved in raising a bit of money for CHARITY, not the club, the club is a multi million pound business, they certainly don't need our charity when players are taking home £15,000+ a week, and yet this fun, silly, but fun idea gets snubbed. 

And instead we got given the shite patronising email (if you want a refund you're not a real fan 'legend' etc). 

I do wonder who makes these decisions at the club, why did they turn it down? Good opportunity wasted to raise some money for those who really need it, charity and to have a positive fan reaction, but instead just feels like our PR department has shot themselves in the foot again. Such a shame 

The impression I get is that issues + tone/messaging like this are basically down to Jon Lansdown. I think there's input from the likes of Ashton too based on the recent ST disagreement.

Whoever it is though, they don't seem able to get the tone quite right. Always comes across far too faceless, uncaring and corporate - even when requesting fans to make a decision in a way as if they're not dealing with a typical corporate company. 

17 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

The SC&T put a proposal to the club, whereby fans would be offered larger than life cut-outs at 1894p each with everything above the net cost going to charity. They didn't take us up on the idea.

Yet LJ said in the press last week that he thought that it was a good idea and even went as far as suggesting that players might sign them afterwards (although that would probably be unrealistic due to the numbers that would be involved). Was /is he aware that the club turned you down?

• SC&T Board Members
27 minutes ago, Barkhamred said:

Yet LJ said in the press last week that he thought that it was a good idea and even went as far as suggesting that players might sign them afterwards (although that would probably be unrealistic due to the numbers that would be involved). Was /is he aware that the club turned you down?

I doubt it.

18 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/come-on-your-redscity-launch-ashton-gate-crowdies/

COME ON YOUR REDS...CITY LAUNCH ASHTON GATE CROWDIES

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17TH 2020

With the restart of the Sky Bet Championship season just days away, it’s time to don your red and white and get behind the team.

Despite the final five home matches being behind closed doors, fans can design their own personalised Crowdie and support City at Ashton Gate Stadium.

The perfect Father’s Day gift, Crowdie allows fans to design and purchase a 76cm x 46cm personalised corex board cut-out of themselves to be installed at the Gate for home matchdays, while also receiving a personalised e-certificate.

A £5 donation from each sale of the £25 Crowdie will go to the Bristol Sport Covid-19 Emergency Relief Fund, which is supporting the delivery of thousands of meals and food parcels to vulnerable communities across the city.

City’s Korey Smith said: “Our home support has been tremendous all season and we want that to continue for the final push of the campaign, just in a different form. The life-size cut-outs not only provide colour in Ashton Gate to get behind the team, they help to back important charitable causes in our city.”

Pictures for the life-size cut-outs, which will remain in place for the final nine fixtures, must be submitted by 5pm on Tuesday, June 23rd to be ready in time for the first home game against Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, June 28th.

To wear your colours with pride and support the Robins, follow these steps:

1. Upload a photo or take a selfie (ideally in club colours) using your phone or webcam to the City Crowdie site
  2. Provide some personal details
  3. Pay for your £25 Crowdie with a voucher or payment card

Seems like you don't get to keep them though - which is a shame 

On 16/06/2020 at 19:41, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep we should've done it too. Seems a cool little revenue stream. I'd have thought our marketing/social media team would've been all over something like this as they love gimicky stuff.

Not really. Just typical Leeds trying to get money out of nothing and agree we should not get on this band wagon .

its not gimmicky 

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

COME ON YOUR REDS...CITY LAUNCH ASHTON GATE CROWDIES

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17TH 2020

With the restart of the Sky Bet Championship season just days away, it’s time to don your red and white and get behind the team.

Despite the final five home matches being behind closed doors, fans can design their own personalised Crowdie and support City at Ashton Gate Stadium.

The perfect Father’s Day gift, Crowdie allows fans to design and purchase a 76cm x 46cm personalised corex board cut-out of themselves to be installed at the Gate for home matchdays, while also receiving a personalised e-certificate.

A £5 donation from each sale of the £25 Crowdie will go to the Bristol Sport Covid-19 Emergency Relief Fund, which is supporting the delivery of thousands of meals and food parcels to vulnerable communities across the city.

City’s Korey Smith said: “Our home support has been tremendous all season and we want that to continue for the final push of the campaign, just in a different form. The life-size cut-outs not only provide colour in Ashton Gate to get behind the team, they help to back important charitable causes in our city.”

Pictures for the life-size cut-outs, which will remain in place for the final nine fixtures, must be submitted by 5pm on Tuesday, June 23rd to be ready in time for the first home game against Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, June 28th.

To wear your colours with pride and support the Robins, follow these steps:

1. Upload a photo or take a selfie (ideally in club colours) using your phone or webcam to the City Crowdie site
  2. Provide some personal details
  3. Pay for your £25 Crowdie with a voucher or payment card

Seems like you don't get to keep them though - which is a shame 

Looking at the FAQs they haven’t said they won’t be available to keep, just that they don’t know as yet:

Not getting one myself but it’s a pretty cool thing for the boy, particularly if he does get to keep it ultimately.

418EA17A-0856-49D7-A03E-69F4B84F3AB6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Looking at the FAQs they haven’t said they won’t be available to keep, just that they don’t know as yet:

Not getting one myself but it’s a pretty cool thing for the boy, particularly if he does get to keep it ultimately.

You get an e-certificate though! Wow!

Fair enough if a bigger slice did go to charity, but this stinks of trying to squeeze money out of Bristol Sports loyal customers.

5 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Fair enough if a bigger slice did go to charity, but this stinks of trying to squeeze money out of Bristol Sports loyal customers.

I’m not sure how it’s squeezing money. If you don’t want to buy one you don’t - that’s simple. It’s only squeezing money if there is an obligation to buy, and it doesn’t make you any less loyal if you don’t buy one.

Same as with the face masks. It’s an invitation to buy a purely optional item. I’m not personally buying either (although as said may well get one for my boy) and I don’t see how it’s either squeezing money or worth getting worked up over.

Same as with the ltd edition shirt last time we played. Don’t want it - don’t buy it. But don’t let it worry you!

45 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

For clarity, that is not a joint promotion with the SC&T. The club turned down our proposal. This is something being done with a third-party commercial operator.

Yeah thought that would be the case. Just thought you might like the info after they turned you down. ?

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yeah thought that would be the case. Just thought you might like the info after they turned you down. ?

Thanks for that. For info: we proposed a sale price of 1894p, with all profits (around £10) going to charity.

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m not sure how it’s squeezing money. If you don’t want to buy one you don’t - that’s simple. It’s only squeezing money if there is an obligation to buy, and it doesn’t make you any less loyal if you don’t buy one.

Same as with the face masks. It’s an invitation to buy a purely optional item. I’m not personally buying either (although as said may well get one for my boy) and I don’t see how it’s either squeezing money or worth getting worked up over.

Same as with the ltd edition shirt last time we played. Don’t want it - don’t buy it. But don’t let it worry you!

I guess it appears as such when the SC&T suggested a price of £18.94 with £10 going to charity

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I find it telling that if you wanted a ST refund you had a day to request it, but if you wanna spend £25 on some cardboard you can’t can’t even keep you have 9 days to send in ?

Probably got nothing to do with that Citys first game is away to Blackburn this Saturday so they need to know who wants the refund or the live stream and City's first home game where these cutouts will be needed in not until Sunday the 28th June

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

Probably got nothing to do with that Citys first game is away to Blackburn this Saturday so they need to know who wants the refund or the live stream and City's first home game where these cutouts will be needed in not until Sunday the 28th June

Ik ik, tongue was firmly in cheek!

11 minutes ago, Big C said:

Didn't have to leave it so late though, did they? QPR made their announcement on June 5th.

Oh and for the record I chose option 1, just think the timing of it all sucks for those who need the money.

• Admin
59 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Bristol sport money machine just keeps on going.

Its a shame it’s clear they do not want to engage properly with the supporters trust. 

There's nothing to say that they had to engage with the SC&T.

45 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This was the one question that I was looking to be answered - than you for sharing

40 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Nobody is forcing you to buy one if you don't want one. don't buy one

Sadly Bristol Sport is a business and are no doubt trying to make up a shortfall in recent incomings

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I guess it appears as such when the SC&T suggested a price of £18.94 with £10 going to charity

Is it possible that the club are making a bigger and better quality design?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that I did think of, and it why I was curious what would happen with them after the season is finished.

I was thinking that it would be a nice touch to have them made of supporters that are no longer with us

A chance for those no longer with us to be able to be at Ashton Gate again

I will await an update from @JerrySLO before pursuing any furher 

Haha as if Korey actually said this

• SC&T Board Members
39 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is it possible that the club are making a bigger and better quality design?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, my understanding is that the size of these cut-outs is identical to what we proposed, the quality of which would have been excellent (from a printer of correx boards that I've used many times before).

Archived