IGNORED

Villa vs Sheffield Reds - Manchester Blues vs Arsenal

Unan

Just now, RedM said:

Yup, it’s not the Ref’s fault as he can’t give when his watch didn’t tell him. But I wonder if this is tested pre match or does he just put the watch on and he’s good to go, I’ve never thought of this before.

But yes the VAR People should have stepped in and told him of the technology error.

It usually gets tested pre match, have seen them do it AG 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Yup, it’s not the Ref’s fault as he can’t give when his watch didn’t tell him. But I wonder if this is tested pre match or does he just put the watch on and he’s good to go, I’ve never thought of this before.

But yes the VAR People should have stepped in and told him of the technology error.

I've always wondered that. Do the refs or a VAR representative kick a ball in the goal and check it works pre match or do they just plug in and go and hope it works? 

1 minute ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I know, but we've just seen it!

I can only assume someone forgot to test it before the game or it didn’t work for some reason, but they test it by kicking a ball in the net - it doesn’t matter how far over the line it goes

They have said the VAR is working now, Villa should have let them walk the goal in.

Yes I know there is much riding on the match regarding the need for points but after taking the knee, Black lives matter and we love the NHS where is the sporting fairness? 

Archived