IGNORED

New Hummel Training Kit 2020/21

Nathandao

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I didn’t think it was the kit, just stating that I don’t like black kits, and thus hope the actual kit isn’t black

Was confirmed on the website that the away kit is purple and lime.

"Matchday warm-up tees come in red, green and black, while the anthem jackets are red, and purple and lime, showing a return to the popular away strip of the early 1990s and which was voted the best kit in the English Football League for the 2017/2018 campaign."

Maybe a black third kit? Probs a bit meh if so.

Hummel track tops are always exceptional. I bought one for my favorite Scottish lower league side a year or two back and it's far better than any of the Bristol Sport stuff, sharp detailing, thinner shell like material, and the fit is brilliant.

Agree these look great, only complaint relative to most traditional Hummel track tops is not having a higher collar, and the white or alternate coloured cuffs and waistband look a bit childish and won't be very flattering for most of us.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m 50 years of age, and I am seriously thinking of buying a City shirt for the first time since the Mick Harford shiny Park Furnishers kit!!

.....and I have birthday money.

These look the badgers nadgers.

Tracksuit tops look like the fila 80’s casual ones. They’re stunning. Seriously thinking of getting one and I’m 50 this year. 

Really impressed. Love the black shirt, and the purple/lime track top, in fact the red one looks good.

I think the only thing that will stop me getting several items is, when they release the prices to go with them.

It’s amazing what can be achieved by allowing professionals to take charge. 

Hummel : “Here’s the new kit design. What’s reckon Jon”

Jon : “Yeah it’s nice, but, any chance we could write Bristol City across the front in Comic Sans?”

Hummel : No. **** off. 

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s amazing what can he achieved by allowing professionals to take charge. 

Hummel : “Here’s the new kit design. What’s reckon Jon”

Jon : “Yeah it’s nice, but, any chance we could write Bristol City across the front in Comic Sans?”

Hummel : No. **** off. 

It was good for a bit, but after a while it was clear we needed a change. Some of the training gear from Bristol Sport has looked pretty naff before. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

The range of stuff wasn’t much cheaper for last season’s stuff.  Not saying it’s right.  It is what it is.

Shirts from memory pretty much same price, jackets £10 difference, easily could be Hummel’s take home from the item at least, as said it’s the trade off 

33 minutes ago, hodge said:

People need to remember this is part of the trade off of not having Bristol sport produced kits, we have less control over the pricing as Hummel will take a certain amount 

In the last years training shirts were £30 and anthem jackets were £55. For poor quality and terrible design. This year you pay £35 and £65 respectively for an internationally recognised brand. Where is the big difference in not having Bristol sport produce our kits?

I find it interesting how they set the prices. I like nice clothes, and have an interest, as do many of my friends, it means you can end up paying a premium for a label or from a certain shop. Your average football fan (if there is such a thing) would pay the premium for the badge, and the quality may not be the same as a high end label , possibly a similar price might be.
The shirts, are slightly over priced, unless they are good quality, but it seems that's around the norm. Rangers have Hummel Tees for the same £35, but the track tops are £15 cheaper, admittedly nowhere near as nice.

1985891423_Screenshot2020-06-18at09_31_06.png.bb550d31f40a96437ba03605e22bcf9b.png1287110784_Screenshot2020-06-18at09_31_14.png.7cba62c5de03f0b4ca35c3489a0f767f.png

So that's a direct comparison , or as near as possible, harder to do with Everton as they have different and bigger lines.

385510557_Screenshot2020-06-18at09_42_38.png.a61bd445f6e76ec25eebca045fd828ee.png

So the shirts at £35 can't be compared with the polo directly, but seems about where they set the price. The shirts can't be compared to high street or high end labels as a Fred Perry, or RL wouldn't be so specific to a year as a football club shirt. I do feel that fans are gouged a little just because of the badge, now more than ever with the money driven thing football is today. Obviously everyone has the right to ignore all these , as we all can, but there are plenty of people who want the shirts, tops etc and the prices have been creeping up for a while. For the price of our new track top, you can get a Fila top so popular some years ago.

1116749682_Screenshot2020-06-18at09_51_05.png.511518ab0d819f2c04e8c8127b335e3e.png

£60 down from £69, where ours is £65. I love this new line, and if they do follow up with more options I will almost certainly buy some of it. The problem IMO is trying to balance the price for profit, against the price to sale numbers. Nock out 250 at £65 = £16,250 if they dropped the price to a more reasonable £50, they would lose £3,750 that means they would have to sale another 75 tops, personally I think the lower price would work, but they pay people lots of money to make those decisions and this is where we are. Thing is, it's a discussion that takes place every time we change kits or sponsors, it will be interesting how much the playing shirts will be, Bristol Sport's perk was supposed to be that it would be more affordable , £45 last year? How much, Everton don't have their shirts on their site, but Soccershop do them for £63, Rangers are £60-£65 , so something to look forward to. Don't think I'll buy a kit ever again, unless like the last 2 shirts, I get older ones heavily discounted.

1262777950_Screenshot2020-06-18at10_18_42.png.37c589aac6889ad33e1256746b9a55e3.png

20 minutes ago, Juan Perro said:

In the last years training shirts were £30 and anthem jackets were £55. For poor quality and terrible design. This year you pay £35 and £65 respectively for an internationally recognised brand. Where is the big difference in not having Bristol sport produce our kits?

Point was for people complaining about the cost, for us to make the same amount off items the cost is obviously going to go up, just something they need to bare in mind 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

For a polyester t-shirt that probably cost £5 to make?

I think as football supporters we’ve sleepwalked into a situation where people now accept this. Particularly galling at such a dire time economically.

31 minutes ago, Juan Perro said:

This is exactly what I mean about sleepwalking into paying extortionate prices and ending up defending it.

Last year’s gear was appallingly overpriced for an unknown brand of dubious quality. And yet that then becomes the benchmark and makes it acceptable to charge even more for a recognised brand the following year. Last years’ prices don’t make this years’ prices good value, even if the quality is better.

Unfortunately the prices are just simply down to football fashion being considered ‘in and trendy’ at the moment. You just have to look at a number of teams whose kits are suddenly desirable for a pure fashion statement.

There’s an urge to move away from generic templates (which is a good thing) but in doing that and creating unique designs it puts prices up. 

Hummel created two shirts this seasons which were instantly regarded as instant classics, Coventry’s two tone ska third shirt and Cambridge’s away shirt and I thoroughly believe whatever they output for us will be recognised in the same way. 

Archived