IGNORED

New Hummel Training Kit 2020/21

Nathandao

7 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

Unfortunately the prices are just simply down to football fashion being considered ‘in and trendy’ at the moment. You just have to look at a number of teams whose kits are suddenly desirable for a pure fashion statement.

There’s an urge to move away from generic templates (which is a good thing) but in doing that and creating unique designs it puts prices up. 

Hummel created two shirts this seasons which were instantly regarded as instant classics, Coventry’s two tone ska third shirt and Cambridge’s away shirt and I thoroughly believe whatever they output for us will be recognised in the same way. 

I'd love to know the true cost price of these things. I bet the £5 guess is probably an overestimate. After all, you can often buy a similar unbranded shirt for that in a Mike Ashley store, and I doubt he's selling at a loss. Wouldn't it be lovely to support a club who decide to take a reasonable profit and sell the shirts for £15 or £20 instead of £35 (or £55 for a matchday replica shirt)? The irony is, they'd sell more, but make less money.

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Last year’s gear was appallingly overpriced for an unknown brand of dubious quality. And yet that then becomes the benchmark and makes it acceptable to charge even more for a recognised brand the following year. Last years’ prices don’t make this years’ prices good value, even if the quality is better

That's where my point comes in, we don't know what % of the money in from the shirt Hummel are taking, it may be a £5 increase on the shirt but the relative % Hummel are taking could be more and therefore the club are taking in less than last year, unless you know all the details behind the scenes its hard to say if the club are being reasonable with the prices.

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is exactly what I mean about sleepwalking into paying extortionate prices and ending up defending it.

Last year’s gear was appallingly overpriced for an unknown brand of dubious quality. And yet that then becomes the benchmark and makes it acceptable to charge even more for a recognised brand the following year. Last years’ prices don’t make this years’ prices good value, even if the quality is better.

I don't deny that football clothing is extremely overpriced, that's a reality. My point is, this year's clothes are NOT overpriced as compared to previous years. It is obvious that you can surely get these items at £15 if you wait until April/May 2021, but that's how any kit supplier works.

And those waiting for the playing kits... My guess is that's where the big difference will be: Be prepared to pay £60 with Hummel as compared to the usual £45. For that reason, I find this training range **relatively** good value for money, considering the jump in quality we have with Hummel

7 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Black is out of stock already phahaha.  Here we go again.......

(in medium) 

They did say it would be a limited stock release. I'm guessing there will be more stock when the rest gets released.

2 minutes ago, Juan Perro said:

I don't deny that football clothing is extremely overpriced, that's a reality. My point is, this year's clothes are NOT overpriced as compared to previous years. It is obvious that you can surely get these items at £15 if you wait until April/May 2021, but that's how any kit supplier works.

And those waiting for the playing kits... My guess is that's where the big difference will be: Be prepared to pay £60 with Hummel as compared to the usual £45. For that reason, I find this training range **relatively** good value for money, considering the jump in quality we have with Hummel

Also you'd pay best part of £50 for a decent Nike jacket, something which is manufactured in thousands and sold all over the world.

£65 for a jacket which is unique to City (not a template design with our badge stuck on) and made on a much smaller scale, I think is pretty good value.

7 minutes ago, Juan Perro said:

Which would make a kids season ticket even better value.

51 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I'd love to know the true cost price of these things. I bet the £5 guess is probably an overestimate. After all, you can often buy a similar unbranded shirt for that in a Mike Ashley store, and I doubt he's selling at a loss. Wouldn't it be lovely to support a club who decide to take a reasonable profit and sell the shirts for £15 or £20 instead of £35 (or £55 for a matchday replica shirt)? The irony is, they'd sell more, but make less money.

It’s interesting you say they’d sell more but make less money - do we know that? 

It would be really interesting to see the club sell replica shirts for, say, £25 for a year and see how many they shift. It would be a massive PR win which would in itself generate publicity and more sales. I’d love to see them try it.

Time to drop this link again, could well be that Hummel have given City a fixed fee for making shirts and the club make hardly anything on selling them.

Might be we've paid them to be our supplier, could be somewhere in the middle.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

If they have paid us (for example) they will want their money back ASAP so they will be setting the prices.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I’m sure @Olé could give you a rough idea of the per garment price, but don’t forget there’s more cost than just producing it, e.g. design cost, setting up equipment etc.  Rob will know the ins and outs.

Couldn’t see a size guide online for these?

I’m generally a medium but given it’s a training top imagine these could be a slightly slimmer fit so a large would be a better shout

Edit - no black medium in stock so large it is

9 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Couldn’t see a size guide online for these?

I’m generally a medium but given it’s a training top imagine these could be a slightly slimmer fit so a large would be a better shout

Edit - no black medium in stock so large it is

I always buy bigger.  And for something like the zip top, you can wear extra layers under it when it gets cold....assuming we ever get back to AG!

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

What annoys me (and most companies are the same) is that they can offer up to 6XL, but don't even have an XS option... We're not all fat buggers! 

Maybe try an S size, Hummel gear goes quite small. But you're absolutely right, of course

Archived