IGNORED

Euros - new dates.

Bristol Rob

Hang on...

With this season not ending until August...

The season will start AT LEAST a month late, maybe 2..... How are they starting the tournement at a week or two into June? I'd  have thought, there would still domestic league games going on?

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Hang on...

The season will start AT LEAST a month late, maybe 2..... How are they starting the tournement at a week or two into June? I'd  have thought, there would still domestic league games going on?

I think the insistence on playing the euros and nations league league games will reopen the International v Club debate again.

I’d expect a lot of players refusing call ups as I’d imagine most leagues won’t have time to stop for all the international breaks.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Hang on...

I thought that I read somewhere that there was only going to be a 2 week break between seasons???

• Admin

UEFA have confirmed that the play-offs - which will feature Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland - have been rearranged for October 8 and November 12.

The fixtures have been listed as:

Play-off semi-finals (8 October)
Path A: Iceland vs Romania, Bulgaria vs Hungary
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Northern Ireland, Slovakia vs Republic of Ireland
Path C : Scotland vs Israel, Norway vs Serbia
Path D Georgia vs Belarus, North Macedonia vs Kosovo

Play-off finals (12 November)
Path A: Bulgaria/Hungary vs Iceland/Romania
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina/Northern Ireland vs Slovakia/Republic of Ireland
Path C : Norway/Serbia vs Scotland/Israel
Path D Georgia/Belarus vs North Macedonia/Kosovo

8 minutes ago, Gifford said:

I think the insistence on playing the euros and nations league league games will reopen the International v Club debate again.

I’d expect a lot of players refusing call ups as I’d imagine most leagues won’t have time to stop for all the international breaks.

I would imagine the FA Cup and League Cup may be taking a one year break in order to condense next seasons schedule into a more manageable schedule with a slightly later start i.e. September with priority going to league campaigns and UEFA competitions which are far more lucrative, havent seen anything on the Nations League from UEFA but I can also see the current version being pushed back until after the World Cup to allow the World Cup qualifying games to take place unaffected

22 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Hang on...

The new season will start in mid September.  There will only be one international break in October/November.  That will create extra dates to allow them to catch up.  UEFA expect to have caught up with their Champtions Leagfue fixtures by November..

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0255-0e99f55a0652-b0b5d7df3d8c-1000--2020-21-uefa-champions-league-match-calendar/

6 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I would imagine the FA Cup and League Cup may be taking a one year break in order to condense next seasons schedule into a more manageable schedule with a slightly later start i.e. September with priority going to league campaigns and UEFA competitions which are far more lucrative, havent seen anything on the Nations League from UEFA but I can also see the current version being pushed back until after the World Cup to allow the World Cup qualifying games to take place unaffected

FA Cup will remain. Carling Cup is another thing.  Could downgrade it to Under 23s for EPL and remove the European spot for winning it?  

• Admin

GROUP STAGE

Friday 11 June

Group A: Turkey v Italy (21:00, Rome)

Saturday 12 June

• Group A: Wales v Switzerland (15:00, Baku)
  • Group B: Denmark v Finland (18:00, Copenhagen)
  • Group B: Belgium v Russia (21:00, St Petersburg)

Sunday 13 June

• Group D : England v Croatia (15:00, London)
  • Group C : Austria v Play-off winner D or A (18:00, Bucharest)
  • Group C : Netherlands v Ukraine (21:00, Amsterdam)

Monday 14 June

• Group D : Play-off winner C v Czech Republic (15:00, Glasgow)
  • Group E: Poland v Play-off winner B (18:00, Dublin)
  • Group E: Spain v Sweden (21:00, Bilbao)

Tuesday 15 June

• Group F: Play-off winner A or D v Portugal (18:00, Budapest)
  • Group F: France v Germany (21:00, Munich)

Wednesday 16 June

• Group B: Finland v Russia (15:00, St Petersburg)
  • Group A: Turkey v Wales (18:00, Baku)
  • Group A: Italy v Switzerland (21:00, Rome)

Thursday 17 June

• Group C : Ukraine v Play-off winner D or A (15:00, Bucharest)
  • Group B: Denmark v Belgium (18:00, Copenhagen)
  • Group C : Netherlands v Austria (21:00, Amsterdam)

Friday 18 June

• Group E: Sweden v Play-off winner B (15:00, Dublin)
  • Group D : Croatia v Czech Republic (18:00, Glasgow)
  • Group D :  England v Play-off winner C (21:00, London)

Saturday 19 June

• Group F: Play-off winner A or D v France (15:00, Budapest)
  • Group F: Portugal v Germany (18:00, Munich)
  • Group E: Spain v Poland (21:00, Bilbao)

Sunday 20 June

• Group A: Italy v Wales (18:00, Rome)
  • Group A: Switzerland v Turkey (18:00, Baku)

Monday 21 June

• Group C : Play-off winner D or A v Netherlands (18:00, Amsterdam)
  • Group C : Ukraine v Austria (18:00, Bucharest)
  • Group B: Russia v Denmark (21:00, Copenhagen)
  • Group B: Finland v Belgium (21:00, St Petersburg)

Tuesday 22 June

• Group D : Czech Republic v England (21:00, London)
  • Group D : Croatia v Play-off winner C (21:00, Glasgow)

Wednesday 23 June

• Group E: Play-off winner B v Spain (18:00, Bilbao)
  • Group E: Sweden v Poland (18:00, Dublin)
  • Group F: Germany v Play-off winner A or D (21:00, Munich)
  • Group F: Portugal v France (21:00, Budapest)

The top two in each group plus four best third-placed teams go through.

Nations League league games still going ahead.

The 2020/21 UEFA Nations League group stage will be played on revised dates in September, October and November 2020.

The new schedule was announced following a meeting of the UEFA Executive Committee on Wednesday 17 June to discuss the new European football calendar in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.

The national team football windows of October and November 2020 will now feature triple-headers instead of double-headers, thus allowing the postponed UEFA EURO 2020 play-offs to be rescheduled for 8 October and 12 November.

The group stage matches of the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League will be played on the following dates: 3/4/5 and 6/7/8 September; 10/11 and 13/14 October; 14/15 and 17/18 November 2020.

Friendly matches will be played on 7/8 October and 11/12 November.

The fixtures with confirmed dates and kick-off times will be announced in due course on UEFA.com.

2 minutes ago, Gifford said:

The 2020/21 UEFA Nations League group stage will be played on revised dates in September, October and November 2020.

The new schedule was announced following a meeting of the UEFA Executive Committee on Wednesday 17 June to discuss the new European football calendar in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.

The national team football windows of October and November 2020 will now feature triple-headers instead of double-headers, thus allowing the postponed UEFA EURO 2020 play-offs to be rescheduled for 8 October and 12 November.

The group stage matches of the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League will be played on the following dates: 3/4/5 and 6/7/8 September; 10/11 and 13/14 October; 14/15 and 17/18 November 2020.

The fixtures with confirmed dates and kick-off times will be announced in due course on UEFA.com.

HAdn't seen that, suppose World CUp qualifying will begin in March 2021 then? Wouldn't the finals of the Nations League have been planned for Summer 2021 when the Euro's are now being held so when does this happen?

3 hours ago, Gifford said:

Reading between the lines the new Championship and Premier League seasons will kick off on 12th September.

Be interesting to see what happens to the Carling Cup.  Possibly the first few rounds will be played before the beginning of the league season or during international breaks.  Can't see both cup competitions surviving in their current form.  

Archived